TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Videos: Let's Plays, Walkthroughs and Previews

@Nens,

wow, you are a really pro at playing Thief. Your playing style is unbelievable, I really enjoy watching your videos.

Unfortunately, I live in a country where most of the youtube videos are blocked. Would you mind posting the other videos also on mega? From this OCH I can download easily. Thank you in advance.

Do you plan more ghostish walkthrough for thief2? Is it possible to request a mission?

Sorry, I gave an incorrect link. Here is the working link:
    Thief2 FM King's Story (Russian) (lavinic)
    All secrets, all Easter eggs, all variants of completion. Watch or download. 14+

Thank you.

Sorry again. Thank you.

See that you missed my videos for the black frog miss 4 & 5, nickie. They are here and here.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I kind of gave up adding 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc missions. I hoped people could negotiate themselves. I'll add in your 4 and 5.

Understandable. Didn't mean to be nitpicking. Thank you

You're not nitpicking. I was anticipating Death's Cold Embrace and imagining how much space they would take if done individually.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'll be happy to trim out a few missions to save you the trouble.

Edit. And those have been added.

I'm just wondering something. Why would anyone want to sit through videos watching someone stumble around and sometimes goof around for hours with these missions? Some of these FMs take hours to play. Why would someone want to sit through several videos in several parts on youtube when you could just take a look at a walkthrough for that FM and find out what you need to do in the place that you are stuck? You could literally find out in a matter of minutes what you need to do with a walkthrough in writing format compared to watching someone else play the mission on youtube. I don't get it. Is it fun just watching someone else play?
    Last edited by cavador_8; 3rd Feb 2015 at 18:06.

FenPhoenix's vid for Rendezvous has been watched 340 times already.....

And in fairness a lot of walkthroughs do NOT have all the info that you may want, Ricebug, god bless him, has produced a fantastic collection of walks for T2, but most of his walks only includes solutions for the common problem posted on the forum, so if your problem is not listed there....well there's always the video's to check out

As well as that, I'm guessing the video makers actually really enjoy making their vids in exactly the same way millions of people enjoy their hobbies, whatever they maybe.

Carry on making them everybody, your videos are appreciated.

My Thief 2 walkthrough website has hundreds of Thief 2 FM walkthroughs. They are clear, concise and can tell you how to solve every objective, on normal difficulty, in a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    My Thief 2 walkthrough website has hundreds of Thief 2 FM walkthroughs. They are clear, concise and can tell you how to solve every objective, on normal difficulty, in a matter of minutes.
    where can i find you videos?

As my channel trailer says, some people find me insufferable. 'Sall good. I'm not making serious longplays here, I'm babbling while playing games and that's the unsugarcoated truth. It's my preferred style to watch, to be honest - I still watch raocow to this day. Horses for courses!

I mainly like to show people the way I like to play fan missions, by use of the Ghost rules. I also try to make people aware of the Supreme Ghost mode (the lesser known alternative) and to encourage people to give it a go themselves. How to properly ghost missions is certainly not included in walkthroughs, but I have written ghost reports for those who like to read instead.

My videos are very different from FenPhoenix's, but I enjoy watching his content also.

where can i find you videos?
    Not videos, written walkthroughs. Here is my Thief 2 walkthrough website:

http://thief2fanwalks.freewebspace.com/

Hey Cardia1, I have created walkthroughs on my site for some of your missions too. You create some really good and unique missions.

As my channel trailer says, some people find me insufferable
    Hey Fen. I have watched some of your videos. I watched your Being Thief 2 to help me with my walkthrough for that mission. I actually found you quite amusing. You had me cracking up in several places but it still took me a long time to watch the videos to find out what to do. You goof around a lot but that's ok. I like your sense of humor. I normally wouldn't watch videos of someone playing Thief but sometimes I have to when a mission in brand new and there are not just a ton of notes in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I'm just wondering something. Why would anyone want to sit through videos watching someone stumble around and sometimes goof around for hours with these missions? Some of these FMs take hours to play. Why would someone want to sit through several videos in several parts on youtube when you could just take a look at a walkthrough for that FM and find out what you need to do in the place that you are stuck? You could literally find out in a matter of minutes what you need to do with a walkthrough in writing format compared to watching someone else play the mission on youtube. I don't get it. Is it fun just watching someone else play? That's not fun to me.
    Yes, watching Fen for example is fun. He doesn't bore his audience with hours of videos, he knows that noone has that much time to spare nowadays, especially in one sitting. He uses creative editing to make stuff interesting and keeps the pacing right. And of course he's random and silly, that is always fun to watch

I like how Fen Phoenix handles off tangents and switches between tangents pretty smoothly. He, along with TaffersInn and klatremus, should be the official unofficial TTLG channels.

Well shucks, thanks guys
    Looks like I oughtta listen to you guys instead of random viewers saying I cut around too much

For me, watching LPs is mostly for cyberloafing at work where I feel like playing but can't.

I enjoy Thief missions vicariously through Fen when I can't play.

I love watching others play Thief. Without Fen, klatremus, Dale, Nexus and many others, this stone of thief mosaic wouldn't be the same.

Personally, I don't watch (and also label) these videos purely as walkthroughs, but also to see how others play Thief, their perceptions, commentaries and so on. This is why I watch only videos of missions I have completed. If I am stuck, I look at the topic thread at TTLG; only once I needed the video as "help", when in Arsene series I encountered a graphic bug of double doors in one of the missions.

Also, if I am not in the mood for taffing, and receive a notification of new Thief FM video on certain channel, my mood changes... loot-brace yourselves.

It's more or less the same for me - I watch for entertainment mostly, occasionally for help. And I will sometimes watch if I'm rooted to the spot in terror and want to know what's round that corner before I can bring myself to move anywhere.

Fen's fun - but completely hopeless at keeping me up-to-date with new LPs and unfortunately I don't have time to go looking.

Sorry, I didn't know you wanted me to keep you up-to-date. I figured since I put up new series so frequently it would just be spamming you up if I went and told you every single time.

Actually, I'm using Darkfate for screenshots (they're doing better job of promoting FMs than the authors here IMO), and Fen's videos to see if I'm really into certain FM. I check the channel every day, since I like watching the videos while eating, etc. Maybe that's not exactly being up-to-date, but it's enough for me. I probably watched more FM walkthroughs than played them at this point

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast