TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Souls will remain 'functional' as GFWL prepares to die in July

Also, I had a few coop sessions in the past week (with people from the steam chat), and it seems that even without DSCfix, it is possible to quickly find each other's signs. So organized coop is definitely still a thing.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Switched over to the new system last night, seems to be working fine, tho I haven't tried any online stuff.

Replaying DS, as a Cleric this time, and I'm amazed at how powerful the Lightning Spear is. 4 hits with that thing and the first Bell Gargoyle went down. 2 more and the second one was done with. Never had that fight go so smoothly before.

verbose douchebag
    How do you get that before fighting the gargoyles? Or was this as a summon?

If you have high enough faith, you can join the sunbros at the Sunlight Altar (which is before the Gargoyles).

verbose douchebag
    I didn't believe it was possible, which I guess is the same as not having enough faith.

Level 10,000 achieved
    OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

Actually, I didn't know about it either, looked up how to get the Lightning Spear on the wiki, and it clued me in about leveling up to Faith 25 and joining the Sun Bros.

At some point I should really try a completely different build; in all the DS games to date I've always played a dex/int-heavy, mobile sorcerer-type, which generally works really well for smaller enemies but tends to get me into trouble with bosses. I've never yet done a faith build or one that's focused on strength. If I didn't have such a huge backlog of games, I'd revisit the two Dark Souls games and try a completely different build.

I'm currently at Four Kings with a dex build in NG+ and it's a major PITA. Failed three times already. Just can't get the damage in fast enough.

verbose douchebag
    Try a fire buff on your weapon (and in the game).

I was using Quelaag's sword and I almost got them down to about quarter health in the last try, but I got sloppy and fumbled a few dodges. The run after that I rolled off an edge on the way and lost my humanity and +100k souls... I think I'll give it a rest for a while.

Just a reminder, that the deadline for the save/achievement transfer is February 16.