TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepare To KIDNEY PIE!

Moderator and Priest

Prepare To KIDNEY PIE!

Bloodborne.

Yeah, kidney pie. I dunno. I wanted something that rhymed with "die" that sounded appropriately British, and that's the first thing that came to mind. DON'T JUDGE ME!

But anyway, this is the official name of Project Beast, which seems sorta like Dark Souls with a lot more hardcore gory blood 'n guts set in some place that looks more than a little vaguely like London as imagined by a Japanese guy who's never been there personally, but he read In Hell while dropping some really bad acid, and this is kinda what he pictured while wigging out.

It will be awesome.

edit: olol Anor London.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 10th Jun 2014 at 01:44.

I'm excited. It seems like they are taking the Souls formula in a new direction. I want more information!

Moderator and Priest
    Here's the official PS hosted site. It takes place in a city called Yharnam, which...hell, if you took out that H, it'd be Scottish as fuck.

And yeah, I have to agree From need to bend the formula in a few new directions. After three games, excellent though they may be, it'd be nice to change some things up a bit.

Looks superb. Hoping that this doesn't remain a PS exclusive for too long though.

Chakat sex pillow
    Japan Studio's helping out with it. Given the number of titles that Sony Japan have released for the PC in the past (read: none), I wouldn't count on it.

Moderator and Priest
    With it being co-developed by Japan Studio, I doubt you're gonna see it on anything besides the PS4. It'll be like Demon's Souls in that regard.

Though if history repeats, From will eventually release a greatly improved spiritual successor, likely called Phlegmborne, which'll be available for everything.

edit: gawdamnit, Dantes.

I think the player character looks like this. Did anyone notice the character was able to hop back out of harms way? I'm wondering what sort of new mechanics we will see. Will there even be classes? I hope they keep varied and unique weapon move sets.

OH and some new screens.

And another

Last edited by Shinrazero; 11th Jun 2014 at 03:34.

Moderator and Priest
    Anyone play that old game Nightmare Creatures way back when? Think it came out back in '99 or so. This game reminds me a lot of it. I mean like a lot. And that's a good thing, because I loved that game.

From the looks of things, it's gonna be quite similar to DS, but it looks like there's gonna be more of an emphasis on fighting large groups of monsters at once, rather than small concentrations of 3 or 4.

This game does have the Nightmare Creatures vibe. I never played the full game of NC, just the demo I got on a PC Gamer shareware disc.

I love the more urban environment. Curious to see whether it'll be just one of many environments in the game itself.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrazero View Post
    This game does have the Nightmare Creatures vibe. I never played the full game of NC, just the demo I got on a PC Gamer shareware disc.
    Me too! From a PCG UK Demo CD!

That shooting all around move was totally badass.

Off screen gameplay footage.

El Shagmeister
    My body is ready.

I need this.

But first....must play and finish Dark Souls 2....

Here's the full trailer with the leaked stuff.
    Last edited by Shinrazero; 13th Jun 2014 at 04:21. Reason: video taken down

Damn, it's been removed. Did it show much Shinrazero, or was it just the same as that original leaked material?

The video was a bunch of short clips of gameplay with a lot of new stuff. It showed the character throwing an oil flask on an enemy and then lighting it up with a torch (like those asshat hollows in Dead Man's Wharf), it showed a lot of new enemies. There were some that were very reminiscent of Demon's Souls. In the first leaked trailer, it shows a tentacled boss type enemy at the end. This video showed it up close, it looked like something out of a lovecraft story. A lot of the attacks seemed to spray buckets of blood. There is one scene where the character thrusts a sword made out of light or white fog (magic?) into the base of a statue. I don't know if that had any significance but it looked neat. There are a lot more enemies being engaged, not the typical 3-4.

A good friend sent me a mirror link. This one is working for me at the moment.

DEAD LINK
    Last edited by Shinrazero; 15th Jun 2014 at 01:59.

The thing that interested me the most was that one of the "reviews" of the presentation said that the enemies are all active and go about their thing.
    They will not wait for you to enter their aggro-range and then leash back. They will spot, pursue and try to swarm you in great numbers. Also, enemy closets (which are shit imo)

Moderator and Priest
    Yup. According to this writeup on Polygon, Bloodborne is gonna be considerably more frantic and faster paced than the Souls games were. On top of that, they seem to be putting a much heavier emphasis on exploration this time around.

Shinra, looks like your second link is bad, too. Here's a working one.

I don't think that video is the same footage Shinrazero was referring to.

Unless there's another leaked trailer, it was probably this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WObVJLLSg
    Last edited by Starker; 14th Jun 2014 at 13:46.

Moderator and Priest
    That...

...was kinda bad 'n rad, yo.

messed up and double posted, sorry.
    Last edited by Shinrazero; 15th Jun 2014 at 02:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Unless there's another leaked trailer, it was probably this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WObVJLLSg
    This is the one. I hate it when they release "trailers" and its just CGI, nice to see some actual gameplay. I'm glad they are doing a bigger focus on exploration. In Dark Souls, it was so satisfying to open up a shortcut or find new hidden areas, the world was a puzzle to unlock and advance in. It added another layer of gameplay that really filled out the whole package.

Oh, I also read that there will be no shields at all. Blocks will be handled with whatever weapons you got in your main and off hand. Perhaps the back step/hop was added to answer the lack of? I'm curious as to what they'll be doing for multiplayer.

New GAMEPLAY trailer.

http://youtu.be/_WsqQtqwP9E
    Last edited by Shinrazero; 12th Aug 2014 at 17:11.

Moderator and Priest
    Oh, I can't wait to kidney pie!