TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

T2 FM: Breaking the Stone - NewDark - Missions 1 & 2 Discussion (6/14/2014)

Hello everyone,

I am very excited to finally present to you my most recent FM "Breaking the Stone" for Thief 2 (NewDark 1.21)!

Please use this thread to discuss "Breaking the Stone", Missions 1 & 2.

You can grab the mission from:

Southquarter
    MediaFire
    TaffersParadise
    http://derfy.net/fms/Breaking_The_Stone_v10.zip
    http://www.transhumanist.info/T2/Bre..._Stone_v10.zip

Description:

A satchel found its way into my residence recently, and that leaves me uneasy. The contents included a map to a town called Meliae, a sealed letter, a second letter addressed to myself, and 3,000 in gold. After my initial apprehension, I opened the letter addressed to me. It read:

“Mr. Garrett, it is good to finally track you down in request for assistance. As you may or may not know, change is rapidly occurring across this region as Archmage Victus forces his tyranny and beliefs on more and more innocent towns. After uncovering the secrets of the Dryads (those with whom we once shared our lives), he has extended his stay in our town of Meliae, torturing and killing anyone who disobeys him. We, who choose to remain anonymous, wish to employ you to remove Victus from our town. We don’t care how, but we need him gone. In addition to this, we have produced a sealed letter from Victus’ second in command, Valeria, in which she describes her plans to destroy Victus and assume his position as Archmage. You must plant this false evidence to cover all traces of our interference, thereby removing two problems at once. If you do this, we will be forever in your debt. Take the 3,000 as good faith, for triple awaits you if you succeed. Sincerely, the Meliai. ”

This doesn’t sound easy, but I can’t pass up the opportunity. I will begin on the cliff face, making my way in unnoticed. Once I find a way to rid the town of Victus (and pick up a few extra coins), I will meet with Basso outside the main gate where he is posing as a beggar with a carriage waiting for my departure. Hey, it never hurts to have a quick escape plan.

My Beta Team:

While my name is attached to this mission, and I put in the majority of the work, I want to give credit where credit is due. I have been privileged to work with a superb group of beta testers, to the point where we became more of a team. Each and every one of them has gone above and beyond testing this mission. All have contributed content, bug fixes, edits, ideas, narrative assistance, and unending support. Without this amazing group of individuals, you would not be playing the mission you are today. This mission is a result of the dedication and hard work of many individuals who continued to amaze and assist until the very end. So, from the bottom of my heart:
    Thank you ffox, nickie, Nightwalker, Peter Smith, Tannar and Yandros!

In addition, I would like to thank everyone who provides all of the wonderful tools and content available to use in fan missions. You have truly helped keep the community alive with new and exciting things to see and do!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by HipBreaker; 17th Jun 2014 at 22:34.

Whoo Hoo! Thanks, Jeremy!

Spot on, Chris.

Awesome, thanks!!!!

Congrats on the release, Jeremy! You've done yourself proud with this one!

Thank you

PS : Not too good framerate on my computer though : (
    New 1.21 FM are very demanding, like many AAA games.

Congrats HipBreaker!

Been waiting for this one dl'ing now!!!

Clearinghouse
    Congrats, HipBreaker!

Congratulations on releasing this, Jeremy! These are outstanding missions. You're all in for a LOT of fun!

downloading now,i am super excited to play it,looks like i will have a late night of amazing gaming,you fan mission makers are some amazing people

ok side note to my self and gloria,its time to find dewdrop

I just downloaded it and cannot wait to play!

Congratulations on the release Jeremy. I had a great deal of fun testing it. You all are in for a real treat.

Regarding frame rates, the readme mentions this. My 8-year-old computer with a 7-year-old graphics card (Nvidia 8800-GT) coped well. My typical frame rate was 30 FPS, but it got down to 10 in isolated locations with long views. That did not affect game play where it counted, for me at least. The views are spectacular.

mission 1 complete,amazing job,going to mission 2 now loot 3335/4089 1,4 secrets i so wonder what they could be ,i though i checked map well,got all 3 optional goals
    Last edited by downwinder; 15th Jun 2014 at 03:44.

Congrats!! As soon as it downloads i'll dive right in. I'm ready

Congratulations on the release, HipBreaker

Congratulations, Jeremy! It's been 16 months of testing and was fantastic fun all the way - thank you.

ok finished all 3 mission and it is a amazing set of missions, i due wish mission 2 was longer,but i am beyond impressed,i was so emursed in the missions,got goose bump at the very end,but i was able to run through basso like he was a ghost,made it even more scary,the old gypsy curse

Thank you and congratulations HipBreaker! Been looking forward to this one - off to polish the blackjack right now! (Er, no euphemism there either taffers... move along!)

Oh, just started - it looks gorgeous and atmos is fab. Happy days!
    Last edited by Bosh; 15th Jun 2014 at 07:23.

Thank you all! I hope you're having fun

Nice job Hipbreaker...am stuck though.....there is the door to Meliae Manor, a metal door both of which I cannot find the keys, there is a door that wont budgge and then there is valerias door with what I presume is a rat puzzle...also I have fiddled around with the levers in the sewers and don't quite know what is supposed to happen....playing on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    Nice job Hipbreaker...am stuck though.....there is the door to Meliae Manor, a metal door both of which I cannot find the keys, there is a door that wont budgge and then there is valerias door with what I presume is a rat puzzle...also I have fiddled around with the levers in the sewers and don't quite know what is supposed to happen....playing on normal.
    The key to the manor: I'm pretty sure I found it in the church somewhere...

The hints for the rat riddle are in Victus' rooms.

The solution for the sewer levers is right before your eyes... or was it feet???

I have figured out the waterworks/sewer puzzle (on Expert), and Garret has said "That ought to do it", but have no idea what has occurred!

Finished and it was an amazing ride Didn't really knew what to do with the sewer switches and i guess that's how you get a relic? I've found 2/3

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Finished and it was an amazing ride Didn't really knew what to do with the sewer switches and i guess that's how you get a relic? I've found 2/3
    That's correct. Examine the fountain next to the sewers room when the "riddle" is solved.

What do I do in the 2nd mission? I got a black screen and a creepy ambient music and nothing else. Waited for a few minues even, but nothing. Can't move or jump, nor do I have an inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have figured out the waterworks/sewer puzzle (on Expert), and Garret has said "That ought to do it", but have no idea what has occurred!
    Have a look outside the sewers in the small fountain thing.

Thor - you can't move at all?

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast