TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW - TDM FM: Penny Dreadful 2: All the Way Up (2014/07/8)

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm stuck in the building with the bailiff; where do I find the key to this door?
    I didn't find a key to that door, but you can enter via the rafters.

Where do I use the skeleton key please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I didn't find a key to that door, but you can enter via the rafters.
    Thanks, I just realized I'd already been in it (I went through the fireplace). Now I'm completely at a loss as to where I should go next. I've explored the jail and that whole building and found nothing else (I poisoned the wine and stole the evidence). There's a locked metal door on the other side of town but I can't find a key anywhere

bikerdude
    Where do I use the skeleton key please?
    Think of it as a master key of sorts, it will unlock "almost" all of the locked doors & such in that part of the city.

There's a locked metal door on the other side of town but I can't find a key anywhere
    Got a screenshot...?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Got a screenshot...?
    This one

bikerdude
    the skeleton key also opens this door

I think I have already opened every door except the one you can bypass via the rafters or fireplace ladder. So I'd still like a hint for the location of the keeper crypt please.

I think I have already opened every door except the one you can bypass via the rafters or fireplace ladder. So I'd still like a hint for the location of the keeper crypt please.
    look at last post on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    look at last post on page 1
    I have read that. I have the skeleton key, but I don't know where to find the keeper crypt.

bikerdude
    I have read that. I have the skeleton key, but I don't know where to find the keeper crypt.
    Look very carefully in the location where the skeleton key was location, something that looks not frobable, is (I couldn't figure out how to make the damn thing to frob-highlight) and there is something behind that.

Thanks.

Well from the crypt I opened two grates into a room with three generators, but I'm now stuck. Is there a way out of that room?

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Upgraded DM to 2.02 - used in game fm loader. Game loads intro screens and game load screen but fails there with error message:

malloc failure for 134217736

(I copied the whole error message)

Running under Windows XP on twin core AMD machine.

Any ideas what's wrong?
    Yeah, it's a large map. You'll probably need to use the image_downsize cvars to lower the texture memory usage.

Make sure these are set properly:

seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "1"
    seta image_useNormalCompression "2"
    seta image_useAllFormats "1"
    seta image_useCompression "1"
    seta image_preload "1"

then try downsizing bump to 512 then to 256

(from the wiki)

Getting "Malloc Failure for #######" crash-to-desktop

Because Doom 3 is a 32-bit game, it can only utilize a certain amount of RAM. When Doom 3 needs more memory, but cannot allocate anymore, it crashes with an error saying something like
    Shutdown event system
    --------------------------------------
    malloc failure for 3145781

If you run into malloc failures, it is suggested to try the following:
    1) Edit your darkmod.cfg and use the following:
    seta image_downSizeBump "1"
    seta image_downSizeBumpLimit "256"

These will reduce the bumpmap size. Memory impact will be few hundred megabytes lower, at the expensee of very minor blurring of texture quality.
    2) If the above does not help you it is recommended you try
    seta image_downSize "1"
    seta com_videoRam "512" (or however much video RAM you have).

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php...ash-to-desktop

if that fails try downsizing image to 512 then to 256:

(from the wiki)

Image downsizing

As a last resort, you may enable image downsizing: at the console, set image_downSize to 1 and then set a limit with image_downSizeLimit, e.g., "image_downSizeLimit" "256". This reduces texture memory requirements and may completely alleviate hard drive thrashing. There are similar cvars for bump and specular maps as well. Note: This may result in very blurry briefing and menu screens.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php...ormance_Tweaks

Thanks.

Well from the crypt I opened two grates into a room with three generators, but I'm now stuck. Is there a way out of that room?
    there is a switch

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    the skeleton key also opens this door
    Where's the skeleton key? I can't find it

bikerdude
    Where's the skeleton key? I can't find it
    Go to the East end of town, look for a Locksmiths shop...

Thanks!

bikerdude
    [quote name='Melan' timestamp='1405322236' post='350041']The objective editor does not show them as mandatory. So, something is amiss here, but I have no idea what.[/quote]
    It was a typo on my part, as we had a lot of optional and fixed objectives I mixed up which was what - that has now been fixed.

To everyone please re-download the mission from the in-game downloader or you can download it from the following link -

- Mega

@Melan, can you update the links in the OP, ta.

Thanks.

How did you manage to open theses grates ? I've tried everything; Including lighting all the torches

I think I've managed to find all the loot, except for the one behind the strange painting with a drape; I know there is something behind it : I saw you taffing about on the DM forums, Melan

Anyway, just finished this mission, really a pure masterpiece; Can't wait to part 3

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    • How did you manage to open theses grates ? I've tried everything; Including lighting all the torches
    • I think I've managed to find all the loot, except for the one behind the strange painting with a drape

Anyway, just finished this mission, really a pure masterpiece; Can't wait to part 3
    • there is a switch.
    • again, there is a switch - look very closely around the painting.

Grand, I think this mission is the closest we have come to a generic T1 missing due to the Sperry/Skacky inspiration.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this mission - I love your series, guys!

But then again I'm a sucker for well-made city missions.

I hope we see a proper run-in with this Mifflins(?)-character some day, he seems to be quite the bastard!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    I hope we see a proper run-in with this Mifflins(?)-character some day, he seems to be quite the bastard!
    I do believe you mean, a handsome bastard

Completly off-topic (or sort-of), but does the Darkmod universe have his own calendar ?
    I saw some readables with things like Mason's day or Mourndsay; Somehow this is a really nice touch ! I always found immersion-breaking things like a roman calendars in an alternate universe settings

There's a strange painting with a drape somwhere? Smacks forehead again, something else I've missed. I'd appreciate a clue as to its location please...

Never mind, I've already been in that room, I'd just forgotten about it!
    Last edited by Marbrien; 17th Jul 2014 at 15:51.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Completly off-topic (or sort-of), but does the Darkmod universe have his own calendar ?
    I saw some readables with things like Mason's day or Mourndsay; Somehow this is a really nice touch ! I always found immersion-breaking things like a roman calendars in an alternate universe settings
    These are my conventions, and have been used as far back as Disorientation. Similarly, I have used the year 832 since Bad Debts.

Thank you both for this lovely mission

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    search the key store (the one with a key sign) for hiden switch. You will find it jumping over a locked fence like door
    I found the switch hidden behind the locksmith's bed when if rob it I hear the sound of a door opening but nothing has changed. I searched both rooms--one where the switch is and the attic. Nothing. I looked outside too. I would appreciate any help anyone can give