TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 HD Texture Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    In the NewDark Graphic Settings 1.0, when I click FM mode, it says Fan Mission Mode: ON. That works just fine. When I switch it to OM Mode, the pop-up says Fan Mission Mode: ON. But when I check the current settings, it shows that the Original Mission Mode is ON and everything works fine. Is this normal?
    Thank you! This is just a small text issue. This function works nevertheless. It will be fixed on T2 HD mod v1.0. But this will take awhile...

If you want to beta test the 1.0 version, please don't hesitate to pm me.

Is there a changelog for the new texture mod? Very interested to know what is planned there? Launcher rewritten? Retextured models integrated from EP2? The lighting can be switched to original one, with gasoline stains.

I would like to play tma and t2x wit HD mod.
    What shcould I use?
    TMA - HD Mod v0.9.5
    T2X - HD Mod v1.2

Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    ... It will be fixed on T2 HD mod v1.0. But this will take awhile...
    Hi Gecko. Yep, I just registered to ask how much of a 'while' we're talking about here? Obviously I don't want this to come across as a nag (which it will) but I'm more enquiring as to whether or not development is still in progress on this 'RTM' version release?

If you want to know the reason for my request, it's a silly one. I'm merely putting off making a Thief compilation dvd of all goodies and downloads and I wanted it to have the 1.0 release

Does anyone recognize the weird flame effects below? Especially the first one. From Escape.

Thank you
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I just tested Thief II HD today using HDMI cable and my big TV in a dark room.. all I can say is it was glorious and looked liked Thief was always supposed to be! It was really tremendous and such a joy, sitting just the right distance from the screen, you really feel like you're in that world.. the mission I just sort of taffed around was Life of the Party. So anyone who has the chance to do similar stuff, test it out!

I've loaded up Thief Gold HD texture patch and now Thief II- and got to say its great work! Just noticed though that Thief II doesn't have the updated health bar/ gem look from Gold. Also Models such as chests and piles of money are not updated as they are in Gold. Is this correct or have I screwed up my installation somewhere?
    Last edited by SneaksyGOLD; 31st Mar 2016 at 04:38.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaksyGOLD View Post
    I've loaded up Thief Gold HD texture patch and now Thief II- and got to say its great work! Just noticed though that Thief II doesn't have the updated health bar/ gem look from Gold. Also Models such as chests and piles of money are not updated as they are in Gold. Is this correct or have I screwed up my installation somewhere?
    I think you still have to download EP2 for this one (fixes the lowpoly items)

Quote Originally Posted by User 205 View Post
    I think you still have to download EP2 for this one (fixes the lowpoly items)
    Oh, what's EP2?

Desperately dodgy geezer

ok- thanks. Sweet- that looks like it sorted out the models, but the interface is still the same ie not the new textures for health bar and light gem from Gold. Is this how it should be?

chests & crates

Here's what I did:

1) Installed TafferPatcher_TMA_217_beta.exe

2) Installed Thief2HDMod0.9.5.exe

After Thief 2 HD Texture Mod installation some objects like chests and crates get back to their default look.

How can I change these elements to their TafferPAtcher look?

EDIT: Figured it out.
    I modified my cam_mod.ini in order to make it work.
    I installed these patches:
    - TafferPatcher 2.0.17 beta
    - copied NewDark T2 1.24
    - Thief 2 HD Mod 0.9.5
    - NewDark Graphics Settings Tool v1.0

I don't know if all of these patches applied or not, but I have all the elements, textures etc. I want. It took me several hours to did it, but it's worth.

Hopefully this will help others, too.
    Last edited by T.F.7; 26th Apr 2016 at 05:25.

Please advise a noob how to set Thief II up.

I've got Thief II on Steam. What fixes, if any, do I install prior to the HD mod? I gather I also need EP2, so do I install that before or after installing the HD mod?

Zombified
    steam? then you'll definitely need the latest TafferPatcher. once you have patched up, you should be able to just run the hdmod installer and be done once it's finished.

if you are interested in a closer to vanilla looks, you could also try the NecroAge or EP2 instead (hdmod, NecroAge and EP are mutually exclusive, you pick just one).

Also you can use hdmod v0.9.5 together with the EP2 The cam_mod.ini is already set correctly.

In the upcoming T2 HD mod version all object textures are improved (so EP2 no longer necessary).
    Last edited by Gecko; 18th May 2016 at 08:23.

Also you can use hdmod v0.9.5 together with the EP2 The cam_mod.ini is already set correctly.

In the upcoming T2 HD mod version are all object textures improved (so EP2 no longer necessary).
    I see. Well, I installed Tafferpatcher first, then ran the game to set up controls and resolution etc then quit. Then I installed HD Mod 0.9.5.
    I played the first mission but noticed a lot of textures are still untouched. Reading this thread prompted me to drop ep2.crf from the Enhancement Pack 2.0 into the games folder. Now those things with old textures are updated (like boxes and some furniture).

Still, not everything has an updated texture so I assume the HD mod is still a work in progress. Should I carry on playing Thief 2 now or wait a bit for an update? I enjoyed the HD mod for Thief 1 this week. It was almost like playing Thief Gold for the first time again. That HD mod seemed to be pretty much complete, think I only noticed a couple of things not with new textures and some textures were missing leaving behind a white void.

On the subject of sound I've still got OpenAL installed from when I played Thief Gold but I still have the same problem in Thief 2 when leaning. Sounds that should be in front of me sound like they're behind me when leaning. I've tried ALchemy too but it has the same effect as OpenAL, though I don't have any settings for Thief 2 I just used the defaults when setting up ALchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by soopytwist View Post
    Should I carry on playing Thief 2 now or wait a bit for an update?
    There is no fix release date for T2 HD mod at the moment. So it's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by soopytwist View Post
    That HD mod seemed to be pretty much complete, think I only noticed a couple of things not with new textures and some textures were missing leaving behind a white void.
    White textures with Thief Gold HD mod or with T2? Could you be more specifically? Thank you

...White textures with Thief Gold HD mod or with T2? Could you be more specifically? Thank you
    Sorry, yeah in Thief Gold. There are two places with a white void - I think it's supposed to be a space skybox or something? It's been a while since I last played Thief Gold vanilla.

The first place I saw it was Escape! after re-entering Constantine's house. The second time was in Strange Bedfellows, here's a screenie:

The room is before getting the mission to rescue the Hammerite priest and take him on the boat.

Zombified
    yeah, those places are a special scenario, I had to fix them for quite a bit to avoid looking bad with the new skyboxes, modifying the skybox in Escape and retexturing the room in Bedfellows (TFix).

I've fixed this room in "Strange Bedfellow" two days ago. So it's already fixed. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Does anyone recognize the weird flame effects below? Especially the first one. From Escape.

Thank you
    A little bit late...sorry!

I'm sure you used the Fan Mission Mode function (NewDark Graphics Settings Tool). If you want to play the original missions you have to use the "Original Mission Mode" again

The release of Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0 is coming closer! Here you can see new vegetation:

Last edited by Gecko; 22nd Dec 2016 at 13:45. Reason: images removed

Betatester

The Thief 2 HD texture mod will be released as soon as possible! But this means also that i need betatester now I think 4-5 people should be enough. But not less! When the betatest is finished i can release the mod. This means also that i can't release it before christmas!

The betatester should also test the FM-Mode! This is also important. Only a quick test with 2-3 FMs! No big deal.

The Setup Installer has a file size of 1.4 GB!

Last edited by Gecko; 27th Dec 2016 at 11:23.

Currently I have one betatester. I need three more. Someone interested?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast