TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Necro Age 2.3 and T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age OUT NOW!

Thank you Necrobob......both T1 and T2 are so much more enjoyable with your patch, maybe I'll even get around to playing T2X one day

I feex! Thanks for the input, guyse.
    Get 2.1 from Google Drive

Tack så mycket
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    So it means to experience full mod I have to install Necro Age + T2X for Thief2 and only Necro Age for Thief1, right?

P.S. I simply added "mod_path NecroAge" after HDmod's line to cam_mod.ini without "/Thief1+NecroAge" part and it seemed to work, though I'm not sure if correctly, but everything seems fine. I have HDmod as well.
    Copy and paste so I can see what your cam_mod looks like so I can give a try.

texture becomes transparent

I found another instance of texture becoming transparent from certain angles.
    I guess mwalls01 texture causing it.

Necrobob,can you explain the cause of the problem , please. I'm curious.

My setup is : Thief Gold steam+ Tfix 1.20a + necroage 2.1.

screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/eKiTJ

Note: Necroproject 1.0 works as it should in this case.

Edit: I investigated the case more. I found out the culprit is mwalls06.

You have to do two things to fix the above mentioned problem.

-the .mtl file contains an extra line unlike the others (mwalls05,mwalls03) "render_material_only". i removed it.
    -the "fake" black 4x4 mwalls06.png is missing. I made a copy of mwalls05.png and renamed to mwalls06.png.
    Last edited by bugya; 9th Jan 2015 at 14:10.

Zombified
    confirming. probably something in the mtl file.

Necrobob, I want to try your mod right now.
    What should I install?

1) TG v1.33
    2) Fix v1.20a (full or just NewDark v1.22?)
    3) NecroAge v2.1
    4) EP2 alpha from 20.11.2014 or not?
    5) New Spiders (Huge und Narrow Server snipers) or not? http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/spider.html and http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/hugespider.html
    6) Sound Improvements v1.5 (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119405) or not?

------------------
    --- Update 1 ---
    ------------------

OK, I Have: TG v1.33 + TFix v1.20a (without any other mods) + NecroAge v2.1 + Huge Spiders + Narrow Spiders + Sound v1.5 and I see the tourches from the other side. Loot at these screenshoots. How can I fix it?

mission1:
    -
    -

mission 2:
    -

------------------
    --- Update 2 ---
    ------------------

I found another instance of texture becoming transparent from certain angles.
    I guess mwalls01 texture causing it.

Necrobob,can you explain the cause of the problem , please. I'm curious.

My setup is : Thief Gold steam+ Tfix 1.20a + necroage 2.1.

screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/eKiTJ
    And your solution helped me too:
    Edit: I investigated the case more. I found out the culprit is mwalls06.

You have to do two things to fix the above mentioned problem.

-the .mtl file contains an extra line unlike the others (mwalls05,mwalls03) "render_material_only". i removed it.
    -the "fake" black 4x4 mwalls06.png is missing. I made a copy of mwalls05.png and renamed to mwalls06.png.
    Last edited by Mixthoor; 25th Jan 2015 at 18:26. Reason: Problem with tourches + with missing textures in m2

I also noticed 'reversed' wall lights as well when playing 'Escape:The Bear Pits' with Necrobob's mod installed

both of you:

refer to Necro Age in cam_mod.ini as
    NecroAge\Thief1 instead of just NecroAge

That should fix the reversed torches, but not much else, I guess.

If I use only NecroAge\Thief I see the old tourches and right, new NPC's dark skin
    If I use only NecroAge I see the new tourches and textures, but old NPC's skin
    If I use NecroAge+NecroAge\Thief, I see new, reversed tourches with new dark textures and new dark NPC's skin.

My cam_mod.ini look like this:
    Code:
    mod_path .\MODS\NecroAge+.\MODS\NecroAge\Thief1+.\MODS\t2skies
    Show me yours. Any other ideas?

As for the torches for Thief1, create a new folder called PATCHES inside the main Thief folder.
    Now inside PATCHES, create a folder called txt16 and there you put the textures for the flames: NVFlame1, NVFlame2, NVFlame3, NVFlame4, NVFlame5
    Now inside PATCHES put the bin files NEWT01, NEWT02, NEWT03, NEWT04, NEWT05 (they are in obj, inside the Thief1 folder in NecroAge)
    To sum it up, the best you can do is download this and see if it works:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/e2yPwKl2ba/Thief.html

Nope. it still doesn't work. My cam_mod.ini:
    Code:
    mod_path .\MODS\NecroAge+.\MODS\NecroAge\Thief1+.\MODS\t2skies+.\PATCHES
    Should I reinstall TG, TFix (alone) and NecroAge?

Zombified
    Code:
    mod_path .\MODS\NecroAge\Thief1+.\MODS\NecroAge+.\MODS\t2skies+.\PATCHES
    or if you want to use the TFix ini;
    Code:
    mod_path usermods+MODS\NecroAge\Thief1+MODS\NecroAge+mods\EP2fix+mods\EP\Thief1+EP2\Thief1+EP2+mods+mods\t2skies+mods\EP
    next version of TFix will be NecPack ready, so all this won't be necessary.

1) I haven't installed EP from TFix , I saw the new objects (the others as EP alpha 20.11.2014 has) in NecroAge already. So, I don't need the line:
    "mods\EP2fix+mods\EP\Thief1+EP2\Thief1+EP2+...+mods\EP"
    2) in folder MODS I have only NecroAge and folder t2skies, so I don't need the extra line "+mods"

Should I use EP Alpha 20.11.2014 or not? If yes, is the order of mods (1st NecroAge, 2nd EP...) in cam_mod.ini important or not?

Zombified
    then the first line I've posted should be ok. also, I don't think there are any benefits of using EP2 together with NecPack, use just one at any given moment.

No, it still doesn't work.... I will reinstall the game and copy the files once again. Voodoo, from your package (tfix): what should I install?

Update:
    after reinstall (TG v1.33, TFIX without any addons, copy NecroAge.crf into main folder) and edit cam_mod.ini to:
    mod_path .NecroAge\Thief1+.\NecroAge+usermods+mods\EP2fix+mods\EP\Thief1+EP2\Thief1+EP2+mods+mods\t2skies+mod s\EP
    it still doesn't work correctly. The tourches are still reversed.
    Last edited by Mixthoor; 27th Jan 2015 at 14:40.

Hi Necrobob, I have a question.

I think your mod is great. It's beautiful and really has a distinct look to it. However, after playing a few FMs with it I just have to say it's not my piece of cake and revert back to EP2. And that's because it's just too dark for me. I like to have as realistic game as possible so I play with low gamma, but with your textures, however, what was moderately dark before, becomes dark, and dark becomes black, so it get's really hard to see anything and it strains my eyes after a while.

What I really liked though is that you had those new textures and models(?) for the AI and all the other extra visual effects. Would they work independently with EP? Which files would I need to dig from the crf?

Zombified
    try
    Code:
    mod_path NecroAge\Thief1+NecroAge+usermods+mods\EP2fix+mods\EP\Thief1+EP2\Thief1+EP2+mods+mods\t2skies+mods\EP

Ha, the "dots"... taffing dots... Voodoo, it works now, thank you very much taffer :-) Tell me, what should I install from your TFIX, to play TG with NecroAge. I don't want to have any unnecessary files.

My configs:
    cam_mod.ini:
    Code:
    mod_path NecroAge\Thief1+NecroAge
    install.cfg:
    Code:
    install_path .\
    language english
    resname_base .\res
    load_path .\
    script_module_path .\
    movie_path .\movies

Quote Originally Posted by DiMarzio View Post
    Hi Necrobob, I have a question.

I think your mod is great. It's beautiful and really has a distinct look to it. However, after playing a few FMs with it I just have to say it's not my piece of cake and revert back to EP2. And that's because it's just too dark for me. I like to have as realistic game as possible so I play with low gamma, but with your textures, however, what was moderately dark before, becomes dark, and dark becomes black, so it get's really hard to see anything and it strains my eyes after a while.

What I really liked though is that you had those new textures and models(?) for the AI and all the other extra visual effects. Would they work independently with EP? Which files would I need to dig from the crf?
    Yeah, one of the unwritten "requirements" of this mod is that it is carefully designed to be used with the default gamma setting.

Here's an AI only archive: Necro Age meshes
    Use it like so: Thief 2 cam_mod "NecMesh+ep2"
    Thief 1/G cam_mod "NecMesh+ep2/thief1+ep2"

Anything else you'd like isolated? The glowing windows, the water effects, etc? Ask and ye shall receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    My configs:
    cam_mod.ini:
    Code:
    mod_path NecroAge\Thief1+NecroAge
    That's really all that's needed to make this mod work. May I ask what the long-ass strings used before were trying to achieve? This mod already features high res skies and stuff like that, so things like T2Skies are quite superfluous on a purely "just make it work" level.

Oh, and heads up, yet another update with fixes and improvements should be dropping soon-ish. Apologies to the people with bad internet connections.

Zombified
    it's just the default TFix mods stuff, probably completely unnecessary with the NecPack, but not causing any harm either. generally I would recommend leaving it there, in case the user decides to stop using the NecPack and go back to whatever config he had before.

also, the NecPack arm textures don't play too well with the TFix updated T2 style arms - any chance you could create an updated texture for that as well?
    Last edited by voodoo47; 30th Jan 2015 at 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    That's really all that's needed to make this mod work. May I ask what the long-ass strings used before were trying to achieve? This mod already features high res skies and stuff like that, so things like T2Skies are quite superfluous on a purely "just make it work" level.
    I think, that it is for people, who put the mods in different places and don't want to edit the config files themself. It's OK, but I don't need it. I like the clear structure. Necrobob, I don't have installed the skies from TFIX and I'm not sure, if the skies were new or old. I'll check it at home and inform you. BTW. Great job, I like your mod, it's a fantastic alternative to Gecko's HDmod.

Update:
    OK, there is no sky's textures nor animation. M1 (Bafford), M3-M6 - only black sky with some stars. In M2, static texture with some clouds, nothing more). Is it correct? I can use skies from TFix.
    Last edited by Mixthoor; 28th Jan 2015 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Yeah, one of the unwritten "requirements" of this mod is that it is carefully designed to be used with the default gamma setting.

Here's an AI only archive: Necro Age meshes
    Use it like so: Thief 2 cam_mod "NecMesh+ep2"
    Thief 1/G cam_mod "NecMesh+ep2/thief1+ep2"

Anything else you'd like isolated? The glowing windows, the water effects, etc? Ask and ye shall receive.
    Tack so mycket! Well I'm not sure what else you've got, but yeah, I'd like those two. The new weapon models were also cool.

What files in necroage.crf refer to the compass and the purse loot item?
    Thank you
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Cstar1 and Cstar2 for the compass, loot2 for the purse. Is there a problem with these that I should be aware of?

Oh, and the separate water and stuff is coming. Bob's just in busy, busy beesie mode right now.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast