TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Necro Age 2.3 and T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age OUT NOW!

No problem. There are just a few FMs with custom compasses and loot items in case I want to make a modified .crf. Just nice to know is all. Thanks
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

One more question: How do I remove the new spider shapes and skins from necroage.crf? Again, I'm just trying to learn where the various files are so I can customize the crfs if I want to. Nothing wrong with your pack, in fact I love it!
    Thank you
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I just tested this package and while the textures look great in themselves and match the originals pretty well, I found at least one which differs so much from the original that the alignment gets messed up, namely "core_1/bigbl2", which makes the wall no longer look like it's built from actual blocks.

As you can see in the screenshots below, also the colour differs a lot, which can be a thing if for example the colour of local fog or ambience has been carefully tweaked to match the walls. This is not the most pressing matter, though. Alignment, on the other hand, should always be preserved.

The children's wreckages still use the original textures.

Yes? Are you trying to say something? According to a dictionary you are trying to call me "the remains of children that has been badly damaged or destroyed" or possibly "the plural remains, belonging to some group of unspecified children, of something that has been badly damaged or destroyed", but I'm not totally sure what that means; would you care to enlighten me?

One might think that you are calling me an idiot for still using the original textures, but you wouldn't do that now, would you? Anyway, that's not really the point, though. The point is that replacement textures should not mess up original alignment settings, because that also messes up the look of all missions where the alignment was once tweaked to fit the original textures - and that's a lot of missions (not only the OMs).

I meant that the little robots (children of Karras), when die, revert to the original graphics, so it's probably something that the author of the mod might check.

And I don't know what you're talking about, frankly I didn't even read your previous posts.

I see, all is well then. Although in the future you might want to make it clearer what you are responding to.

You might have a point there, I was pretty sleepy when I wrote that post, but I didn't think anybody on this forum would fail to understand what "children" in Thief 2 are, yes? You shouldn't require a dictionary for that. Plus you really took a long fantasy trip if you thought I was calling you an idiot.
    Last edited by Fallen+Keeper; 15th Feb 2015 at 13:01.

The 'wreckages' are normal objects rather than animated meshes, and they use copies of the mesh textures. It's an easy thing to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    You might have a point there, I was pretty sleepy when I wrote that post, but I didn't think anybody on this forum would fail to understand what "children" in Thief 2 are, yes? You shouldn't require a dictionary for that. Plus you really took a long fantasy trip if you thought I was calling you an idiot.
    Right you are. I had been up for two nights in a row, so I wasn't thinking very clearly. I did think your post was a bit odd as a response to my post, but it came directly after mine and contained certain keywords common with my post, so I treated it as a proper response, although with some humour added (although a bit on the dry side I admit).

Now that you mention it, the "children" reference is pretty clear, but at the time I didn't get it at all, to be honest.

Aaanyway, all is well.

Late to the party, as usual, but I wanted to add my voice to those praising your texture pack, Necrobob. This may sound like faint praise, but it isn't: with your textures, Thief 2 looks the way the game looks in my memory. As my memory tends to make games look like their ideal version, not like reality, this is pretty high praise. Of course there are still limitations in terms of polygons and animations, but I don't look at the modded Thief 2 as a pixelated oldtimer that requires heaps of nostalgia to look good: with the textures, the places look blocky but clean and altogether believable. They retain the flavour of the originals while improving on them considerably. Thanks a lot for your great work!

P.S.: It's been a long time since I last played Thief 2. I'd forgotten just how slow movement is, especially compared to the main game I'm playing at the moment, Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Late to the party, as usual, but I wanted to add my voice to those praising your texture pack, Necrobob. This may sound like faint praise, but it isn't: with your textures, Thief 2 looks the way the game looks in my memory. As my memory tends to make games look like their ideal version, not like reality, this is pretty high praise. Of course there are still limitations in terms of polygons and animations, but I don't look at the modded Thief 2 as a pixelated oldtimer that requires heaps of nostalgia to look good: with the textures, the places look blocky but clean and altogether believable. They retain the flavour of the originals while improving on them considerably. Thanks a lot for your great work!

P.S.: It's been a long time since I last played Thief 2. I'd forgotten just how slow movement is, especially compared to the main game I'm playing at the moment, Skyrim.
    This is exactly what I had in mind when replaying Thief 1 after a decade. It looked so beautiful with HD textures - just as I had in mind. When I was watching some screenshots of the original graphics online I was shocked how much worse it looks originally. So HD textures / models are a nice thing =)

Hey taffers, I"ve got a problem with water animation. I use NecroAge v2.1 for TG and under the water I see in moment different animation than the other. I tried to copy and replace all the water files in \mods\necroage\fam\waterhw (BLin*.dds, BLin*.mtl, BLin*.png , the same for BLout*.*, GRin*.* and GRout*.* from Gecko's Water Mod pack (type4), but I looks terrible with NecroAge. Can someone help me to fix it?

Update:
    I deleted the folder waterhw and copied the original one from necroage. It looks ok now. I did something wrong with the optional water animations.
    Last edited by Mixthoor; 1st Apr 2015 at 14:15. Reason: fixed

OK, I have the serious problem with the Constantine's sword - I see the new model and new texture, but I can"t fight with it. The cutting (basic attack, mouse 1) makes no damages and the movement dissapears. The smash (hard attack, mouse 2) is not visible! Can someone help?

Zombified
    are you using a TFixed install?

Yes.

Zombified
    post a screenshot.

I taffed it up again - the sword this time. Voodoo, the problem was on mixed mesh.crf files from RES and PATCHES folder. I have reinstalled TG, installed your Patch, then NAv2.1 and of course I see the right blade and I can use it correctly. Problem solved Waht a taffer I am...

@NecoBob - I just finished the TG with your pack and I am very impressed. I like the both mods - NAv2.1 and HDModv0.9.3, but I prefer NecroAge. I will try some FMs with both packs. Thank you very much for a great work!!! Thief still lives!

Can I combine the spider's network, flora (trees, flances etc.), fireplaces, lava, water animation (type 4) from HDmod info NecroAge? If yes, how? Can it works together?

Zombified
    you should be able to make the water and objects work (take the obj folder and fam\waterhw folder from the hdmod, and drop them to the usermods folder. note that this must be a TFixed TG install where hdmod has NOT been installed), but the rest is map specific so it's a no go.

Zombified
    also, mwalls06 mtl is still up to no good (Cragscleft, near the top of the lift shaft);

blend SRC_ALPHA ONE seems to be the culprit, after removing it, the problem is gone. not exactly an expert in the area, but it looks like some sort of effect was supposed to be applied to the texture (metal veins slightly glowing maybe?) and it's not working for some reason (and only causing the issue on the picture at some places when viewed from certain angles).

also, any reason why there are some empty/black png files in the crf? they are blacking things out in Dromed.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 26th Apr 2015 at 06:50.

may have been reported previously, if so ignore

Mansion of Chaos T1.....church area both outside and inside church, significant texture conflicts using NecroAge 2.1 (textures look normal when NecroAge disabled), ps also installed latest Tfix 1.21a

quicksave https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U...ew?usp=sharing

screenies
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/d0820e406838827
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/09b3fb406838737

ps replaying this mission with NecroAge is just stunning, with vanilla there was a bit of a clash between the bright in your face textures and the rather subdued standard Thief textures, with HD mod it was better but still not right, but with NecroAge it just comes alive.....superb
    Last edited by fortuni; 30th Apr 2015 at 11:23.

The issues mentioned here lately are now fixed, at least on my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    also, any reason why there are some empty/black png files in the crf? they are blacking things out in Dromed.
    Dummy files to prevent exactly that kind of transparency bug when reusing textures through material file magic. The mine texture there was one instance where I forgot to implement the dummy file approach.

So, without further ado...

VERSION 2.2!!!1one
    Google Drive

MAJOR update containing more additions & fixes than you can shake a stick at. Includes but is not limited to:
    +All the latest developments in the EP threads, including Revae's marvelous "painted canon" pack. All lovingly defaced, of course.
    +Higher detail T1 meshes by FireMage
    +High poly bones by LarryG
    +Serious overhaul of the Mage Towers and Opera House exclusive graphics. I almost feel sorry for those who finished Thief Gold with the previous version!

Also, Necro Age water only pack. For those who don't like that funky plastic wrap effect with psychedelic cube map that comes standard with Enhancement Pack 2.
    Google Drive
    Code:
    Thief 2 cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2
    Thief 1/G cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2/thief1+ep2
    PS. Currently at work with reanimating Thief: Deadly Shadows...
    Last edited by Necrobob; 30th Apr 2015 at 19:23.

Zombified
    oh, so that's what it was. nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Also, Necro Age water only pack. For those who don't like that funky plastic wrap effect with psychedelic cube map that comes standard with Enhancement Pack 2.
    Google Drive
    Code:
    Thief 2 cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2
    Thief 1/G cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2/thief1+ep2
    extracting the crf archive to the USERMODS folder will work too, for all those not wanting to edit files manually (TFix required, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    The issues mentioned here lately are now fixed, at least on my end.

+Higher detail T1 meshes by FireMage
    I must be blind because I don't see any difference between 2.1 and 2.2...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast