TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 221

Thread: Necro Age 2.3 and T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age OUT NOW!

  1. #176
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Location: Grim and Frostbitten Sweden
    Hmm, I guess that could have been worded more precisely. I sometimes forget not everyone keeps as close tabs on what's happening in the Editor's Guild as I do.
    To clarify, the new T1 meshes included in 2.2 are for the Constantine guards, monkeybeasts and craymen (both regular and maw versions) and not an across-the-board overhaul.

  2. #177
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: Inside at last...
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Hmm, I guess that could have been worded more precisely. I sometimes forget not everyone keeps as close tabs on what's happening in the Editor's Guild as I do.
    To clarify, the new T1 meshes included in 2.2 are for the Constantine guards, monkeybeasts and craymen (both regular and maw versions) and not an across-the-board overhaul.
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

  3. #178
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Also, Necro Age water only pack. For those who don't like that funky plastic wrap effect with psychedelic cube map that comes standard with Enhancement Pack 2.
    Google Drive
    Code:
    Thief 2 cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2
    Thief 1/G cam_mod: mod_path NecWtr+ep2/thief1+ep2
    PS. Currently at work with reanimating Thief: Deadly Shadows...
    Not working for me.I`m copying NecWtr.crf file to T2 main catalogue and i have mod_path NecWtr+ep2 in my cam_mod.ini.I am doing something wrong?

  4. #179
    New Member
    Registered: May 2015

    Bug

    I found issue with the latest release of Necro Age 2.2.

    The arrow traps in mission Down in the Bonehoard are not working anymore after applying this texture pack. After stepping on "tile" or opening chest nothing happens. When I remove Necro Age pack (using only TFix+sound+subtitles), everything works okay.

    It's the same situation as posted here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2286827

    Also the new arms textures are not working correctly - game still uses TFix textures. Only working texture is the one, when you carry a body over your shoulder then the black glove displays correctly.

    Specs:

    System: Chakra 64-bit
    Kernel version: 3.19.4-1
    Wine version: 1.7.41

    Thief GOLD (GOG)
    TFix 1.21b
    Sound effects enhancement pack
    Thief Gold subtitles patch v0.8
    Necro Age 2.2

  5. #180
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yntra View Post
    Also the new arms textures are not working correctly - game still uses TFix textures. Only working texture is the one, when you carry a body over your shoulder then the black glove displays correctly.
    this is an intentional thing from my side. the necro arms are just.. weird. and it looks like I've forgot to patch the body carry hand texture out.


    that arrow thing is very weird, will check later today.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 19th May 2015 at 08:32.

  6. #181
    New Member
    Registered: May 2015
    Another bug in Down in the Bonehoard. Missing texture for Fire Shadow. When I remove Necro Age pack, it's still the same, so probably something TFix related?



    save game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/11vbzk

    And one question for you voodoo (or for anybody else), that has been on my mind for quite some time. It's about ladders in game. Vertical "stakes" always looks like that they are without texture or there is a wrong UV mapping. Is this some engine related problem that can't be fixed?
    Last edited by Yntra; 19th May 2015 at 12:34.

  7. #182
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2005
    Location: Planet Earth, mostly Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    that arrow thing is very weird, will check later today.
    Confirmed: all arrow traps in BoneHoard are disabled with TFix 1.21b + NecroAge 2.2 (IIRC, they worked with earlier combinations, e.g. TFix 1.20 + NA 2.1). Currently I have a clean install from original TG disks, TFix 1.21b with only skies, and no other texture packs installed (like EP2, NTex, HDMOD, Orgy's or Daemonite's, etc) but NecroAge 2.2 - so it's not an interference with them).

  8. #183
    New Member
    Registered: Jun 2014
    Location: Not From Zagreb
    Quote Originally Posted by Yntra View Post
    I found issue with the latest release of Necro Age 2.2.

    The arrow traps in mission Down in the Bonehoard are not working anymore after applying this texture pack. After stepping on "tile" or opening chest nothing happens. When I remove Necro Age pack (using only TFix+sound+subtitles), everything works okay.

    It's the same situation as posted here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2286827

    Also the new arms textures are not working correctly - game still uses TFix textures. Only working texture is the one, when you carry a body over your shoulder then the black glove displays correctly.

    Specs:

    System: Chakra 64-bit
    Kernel version: 3.19.4-1
    Wine version: 1.7.41

    Thief GOLD (GOG)
    TFix 1.21b
    Sound effects enhancement pack
    Thief Gold subtitles patch v0.8
    Necro Age 2.2
    The arms/sword textures were made like this on purpose. Backup your cam_mod file, open it up and delete "\packfix+mods" from the mod_path. This should work, however the sword mesh might get replaced and you don't want that.

    I made a quick fix for myself which you can use if you wish https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jigdldrp1...QGEMqLH7a?dl=0
    Drag and drop packfixnecro into your mods folder, backup your cam_mod ini file and replace it with the file provided. Then you should get the new arm/bow/sword textures while still having the default models with no apparent bugs. I also removed the black spot from the sword texture, but it is far from perfect since it made it in less than 5 minutes.

    Back to the actual mod discussion. Will there be a newer version with the updated textures for Thief Gold? I know some textures are missing, and i would like to use this as my default pack for both the regular game and most fan missions that don't use too many custom textures.

  9. #184
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2004
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Yntra View Post
    I found issue with the latest release of Necro Age 2.2.

    The arrow traps in mission Down in the Bonehoard are not working anymore after applying this texture pack. After stepping on "tile" or opening chest nothing happens. When I remove Necro Age pack (using only TFix+sound+subtitles), everything works okay.

    It's the same situation as posted here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2286827
    I've found the solution for this:

    The object files "spear.bin" + "spear+.bin" are the problem. Delete this files from the obj folder and it works!

  10. #185
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    the replacement model is probably slightly larger than the original, and probably not spawning because of that. I could include the orig model in TFix and make it override the NEC model, but that is not the best way of fixing this - ideally, Necrobob should fix the model.

    anyway, creating an OBJ folder in USERMODS and dropping the spear.bin model from the orig obj.crf in should also fix this.

  11. #186
    New Member
    Registered: May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I've found the solution for this:

    The object files "spear.bin" + "spear+.bin" are the problem. Delete this files from the obj folder and it works!
    I can confirm that this solution works for me and traps are now fully functional.

  12. #187
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yntra View Post
    Another bug in Down in the Bonehoard. Missing texture for Fire Shadow. When I remove Necro Age pack, it's still the same, so probably something TFix related?



    save game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/11vbzk

    And one question for you voodoo (or for anybody else), that has been on my mind for quite some time. It's about ladders in game. Vertical "stakes" always looks like that they are without texture or there is a wrong UV mapping. Is this some engine related problem that can't be fixed?
    that is the proper fireshadow texture, almost pitch black with fiery eyes. the ladders are like that, will change the models sometime in the future. //ok, the metal ladders are fixed, but looks like the brown woody ones have no replacements that would texture the vertical bars properly. I will place a request in the thief model fixup topic.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 19th May 2015 at 17:37.

  13. #188
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Location: Grim and Frostbitten Sweden
    Necro Water fixed
    This one apparently wanted to be a rar file under the hood rather than a zip.

    Version 2.2.1
    The spears came from the newly included skeleton pack, apparently. Removed unwanted components now.

  14. #189
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Necro Water fixed
    This one apparently wanted to be a rar file under the hood rather than a zip.
    It worked,thanks.

  15. #190
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2005
    Location: Planet Earth, mostly Hungary
    One question (which probably betrays my complete ignorance in the matter):

    Necroage adds very nice, attractive vegetation to Thief2 but not to Thief1/Gold. That was the main (only) reason I tried to combine it there with HDMOD; however, if I add Necroage to the mod_path it completely removes all HDMOD-related trees, bushes, grasses, etc - despite apparently having none of its own.
    Why does this happen? And Necrobob, don't you plan adding some delightful flora ( la Thief2) to poor Thief Gold as well?
    Of course, I can experiment with combining the two packs, but the resulting mixture is not exactly what I'd like to have.

    Edit (after dozens of experiments): restarting the whole game and giving hdmod priority keeps the vegetation - but in this case Necroage loads hardly more than the loot objects (and none of the AI meshes). Can't Necroage use the same - or similar - updated plant objects in Thief Gold it uses in Thief2?
    Last edited by csamba; 24th May 2015 at 17:58.

  16. #191
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2009
    Location: Pawtucket,Rhode Island
    Just tried this out last night for Thief Gold,2 and T2X and I have got to say this and EP 2 are really great.

  17. #192
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2007
    Just dropping by to say that this is a great texture overhaul! I definitely prefer the darker tone of it. Is there any plan to redo the Keeper door? It's one of the few things in the training mission that looks out of place. I took a whack at it myself, but being my first time the end result was "meh".
    http://i.imgur.com/6wobVmS.png

  18. #193
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Hiltsx.png needs to be copied to Mesh\Txt16\ so the new texture would show when using the fixed set of swords in T2 (it already is in NecroAge.crf\Thief1\mesh\Txt16\ and it works fine with T1).

    not really a bug, more like "please fix your stuff a bit so it would work better with my stuff" request.


    also, about the sword blade, the steel texture needs to be made a bit wider to avoid black parts on the edges (near the handle).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 28th Jun 2015 at 13:41.

  19. #194
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Location: Grim and Frostbitten Sweden
    I'll try to remember the last coupla suggestions for the next update. However, at this point, it's gonna take something quite major for me to even be arsed to release another update. Something in the league of finally getting high resolution character meshes into Thief Gold, for instance. But for that, I must first find a way to stop this kind of tomfoolery:

    Obviously a case of the model not fitting Thief 1/G limit planes or whatever the Dark engine model rig is called, but nothing I can find a fix for. Any thoughts, Voodoo?

  20. #195
    Zombified
    Registered: Sep 2004
    yeah, limit planes/joints are probably the culprit. anyway, there are people far better qualified to answer that question, Olfred and Rocketman for example - feel free to drop a post here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=5970.1200

  21. #196
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2014
    Location: In Cragscleft
    Great work btw on the mod bob. With the 2.2.1 update, it made the light gem a bit brighter and when you are completely hidden, the light gem throws me off because it looks brighter then the 2.1 version. Is there anything that you can do about that?

  22. #197
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2007
    TheDarkOne93

    It would be easier to tweak it to your own liking. Open the NecroAge.crf file and go to obj/txt16. Extract the CRYTEX01-17.gif images. Open them in an image editing program, edit the brightness, save, and replace.

  23. #198
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2008
    Location: http://thief-forum.pl/
    Thx for an update. I finished the game (TG) with this mod too
    With NecroAge I play the old FMs too They look amazing!

  24. #199
    How would one go about installing The Necro Age after installing a clean install of T2 and tafferpatcher? I've downloaded the 700+ mb zip file.

  25. #200
    New Member
    Registered: Jul 2015
    Hey guys, is it possible to use water from HD Texture mod while using the rest of the textures from Necro Age 2.2? Thief 2 in particular. Would somebody be kind enough to say which things I would need to replace.

    Water type 5 in case wondering.

    Edit: Ok I think I achieved something by replacing the files from hd mod in the necroage.crf since its an archive in essence.

    Any chance to do this with flames? HD Textures has more detailed flames, which would be nice to see with NecroAge.
    Last edited by Igor Kool; 23rd Dec 2015 at 12:34.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •