TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update to Upcoming Missions thread

Southquarter.com/fms

Update to Upcoming Missions thread

Hey all - well with The Phantom's blessing, I decided to do an update to the "Upcoming FMs" thread, since it had not been updated in over a year. I sent out a boatload of PMs and got a really good response, and this is the summary of all of that.

Keep in mind, all of these updates were received in July and early August, so they may have changed since then.

Thanks to authors for putting up with my PMs. Let me know if I've missed anything, or if things have changed, and I'll update this thread.

Released:

The Favour by Beltzer
    A Love Story V by John9818a
    Being Thief 2 by Sensut
    The Gift by cardia1

Abandoned/Dead/Lost

When Evil and Angels Dance by Shadowhide - Lost on an old hard drive.
    COSAS: The Nine Year Sleep by Team COSAS/TheImmortalThief - Abandoned.

Upcoming (listed alphabetically by author):

Untitled Mission by bbb - Rooftop Mission for T2, should be done sometime between the end of the year and Spring 2015.

Lord Maguire Estates 2 by Caradavin - 40% complete. Screens here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2260417

The Moreno Tower by Dale_ - Garrett is contracted by a sorceress to investigate the recent death of Ramon Moreno - a renowned mage residing in a towering mansion in the middle of the sea. 25% done. Screens here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2260079

Cataclysmic Revelation Campaign by darthsLair - Estimated release is late summer. The continuing story of Cataclymic Revelations:Garrett died discovering his reluctant virtue, but the Builder has plans for him, and his Brethren. Garrett must now return to earth on a mission to save the Builder's Brethren from the clutches of evil.

Rocksbourg 0 by DrK - Working with a small team, readables almost complete, halfway done with voicework, 80-90% done, expected release before the end of 2014.

Kingsbridge by Eternatura - In beta now, aiming for October or November release.

The Ballad of the Fence Woman by FireMage - Have hit the ceiling on dromed limits, so will likely split into 2 or 3 missions. First one should take about a year.

Ironfield’s Tribe by FireMage - Significant progress, but still a lot of work to do, currently working on the interface.

The Rebellion of the Builder 2 by GORT - All missions mostly playable and beatable, polishing up cut scenes.

Return to the Lost City by intruder - Terrain complete, updating readables and objectives, 85% done.

Love Story V Part 2 by John9818a - 40% complete, aiming for early September release.

Prequel Campaign by LarryG - Episode 2 (True Dreams) is about 8 months to alpha testing. Episode 3 (Graduation) is almost in alpha. Currently working on four briefings, which are about 75% done.

Pride of the Hammerites by Le Malin 76 - A campaign, unknown total number of missions. Approximately 15% done. Brief description: “The Keepers contact Garrett to find the Eye. But the Hammerites lose it, and the new faction of the Mechanists has the Eye. But around this both factions others factions or important men of the City are interesting by the great power that the Eye can give to his owner.”

Death's Turbid Veil by nicked - It’s a good old-fashioned mansion mission, with dark secrets and a horror theme. The basic mansion design is roughly based on the villa from Assassin’s Creed 2. Details and screens here: https://nickdablin.wordpress.com/201...ssion-blender/

The Prophet by Purgator - 50% done, Spring 2015 release.

Zombie Makeover of Ambush! by Purgator - 80% done, aiming for Halloween 2014 release.

Hunting Season by qolelis - 90% done, aiming to release by the end of 2014.

Momento Mori 3 by Random Taffer - Architecture mostly done, story and gameplay still needs some work, 60% complete.

Death’s Shadow by Ravenhook - 80% done, Story is that the player is left for dead, dumped down a drain, and has revenge high on the list.

The Lazy Project by Lady Rowena - Mission 1 (Home Sweet Home) is complete. Mission 2 (Beyond The Wall) is done, but needs some voice acting and fine tuning. Mission 3 (The Wicked Manor) is 30% done. There is also an interlude (The Reward) which is complete.

Endless Rain by skacky - (Formerly titled The Long Shadow Falls). Currently in beta. Screenshots here:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2260851
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2260414

A Fence In Need by SneakyGuy101 - 60% done. Screens here:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2258936

Nightfall: A New Beginning by SneakyGuy101 - 30% done.

The Beginning by Soul Tear - 90% complete, aiming for Fall 2014 release. Screens here:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2257936

The Devil In The Toy Man by Xorak - Horror mission set inside a toy shop, 25% done.

Dead Tears Taste Sweet by Xorak - 64 Cube mission,it takes place in a temple on a cliff, with all sorts of odd shrines and mysteries and stuff inside with a holy statue that bleeds some mystical life-giving water. 35% done.

Death’s Cold Embrace by Yandros & Team - Act 1 (of 3) finished beta testing, gearing up for Act 2.

King Abedzen's Tomb by Yandros - A older mini-mission being worked on during breaks from Death’s Cold Embrace.

No Recent Updates But Not Abandoned:

Merrick’s Cellar by vexd - Hasn’t had time to work on it.

Untitled mission by R Soul - Rooftops, handed over to another author for object work, otherwise no updates.

Beggar Tomb by Squadrofl - No updates, currently working on other projects.

Lurksie See, Lurksie Do by Xorak - No new progress, hit the wall with some of Dromed’s limitations, working through it.

A Dash of Espionage by kdau - On hold for now.

Son of Dejavu 2 By Zoro - Unable to work on it at this time.

No Word From Author:

A Simple Job by ExitApparatus
    Prophet by Phantom
    Shadowed Mayfield by The Watcher
    Xavier’s Library by The Watcher
    Bane III: The Temple of Eternal Agony by TheImmortalThief
    Last edited by Brethren; 23rd Aug 2014 at 18:12.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'm pretty sure The Watcher continues to make very slow progress on his two missions, but he should confirm that.

Can't wait for Rocksbourg 0

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Very cool. Would love to see how many actually get released in the next year or so.
    An Eternatura mission going into beta is a very nice suprise.

Thank you for this update, it is always great to know what mission are on the way...

that is one amazing list,looks like 2015 is going to be a good year,for squeal's also end of 2014,i look forward to it

The one I'm really looking forward to the most is Merrick's Cellar. I hope vexd will find some time to finish it.

No word from/attempted contact of Sliptip?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I did hear back from Sliptip, but he mentioned there wasn't much progress since the last update, so there was really nothing to report. He wasn't really sure if he'd get around to finishing any of his projects, unfortunately.

I was just thinking of Sliptip. Shame if he doesn't finish his last thief map. He had a way with textures, brushes and lighting that was step above the rest of us.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yeah, he actually had several projects in the works, but I thought this one looked the most impressive (hard to believe that thread is over 7 years old now).

I have an alpha of First Project from 2007 and even back then, it was a sight to behold. It'll be a shame if he never finishes that one, or Strain 7.

Looking forward to Death's Cold Embrace also. Just curious, how long did the testing for Act 1 take Yandros? And do you estimate the next two acts to take just as long? Thanks
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Beta testing for Act I took about 2 months. Acts II and III should take less time to get ready for Beta, but should take about as long to test. Then we'll want to test the whole campaign for a bit.

Good news! I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. Spring 2015 perhaps?
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

It's certainly possible.

Death's Turbid Veil is in beta now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Yeah, he actually had several projects in the works, but I thought this one looked the most impressive (hard to believe that thread is over 7 years old now).
    Yes, that was one of my most anticipated missions by him. When I think of Sliptip's work, that creepy asylum is what I see in my head.

Yandros, you are one of the luckiest taffers here to have actually played the entire alpha! Bet it's amazing.
    Last edited by Shimonhead; 23rd Aug 2014 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimonhead View Post
    Yandros, you are one of the luckiest taffers here to have actually played the entire alpha! Bet it's amazing.
    It is, although there are virtually no AI and no objectives if I recall correctly. But the environment is amazing. And it wasn't an asylum, btw, it was an abandoned Mechanist prison.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Death's Turbid Veil is in beta now.
    Fantastic, Nicked! Looks awesome...I can't wait to get into that mysterious crypt!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It is, although there are virtually no AI and no objectives if I recall correctly. But the environment is amazing. And it wasn't an asylum, btw, it was an abandoned Mechanist prison.
    Oh! Thanks for the clarification! (Now I have to un-imagine every scenario I've had in my head all these years...lol

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    That would be a real shame if Sliptip were to give up. Personally, I had a glimpse of Strain 7 less than a year ago, other than an alpha test which occured a few years ago. It was mind blowing, I forgot I was playing T2.

Thanks for the update, Brethren. I've updated the original thread with all this new information and cleaned it up a bit. The changelog is here.

The untitled mission I work on during breaks has a title, which is King Abedzen's Tomb.

Thanks, Russ. I've made the changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast