TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sengu View Post
    I did the piano riddle written on the old note, but I can't understand what is the secret I unlocked

left bottom on paino a diamond droped to floor

That's the one that drops with the note by the fireplace, I mean the secret you unlock with the old note in the loft, was it the ring on the top of the piano?

stuck again ok i read the book where marrianne objective ticked off a guy comes rushing me i drop in hole but i am not able to mantle on the barrels in water,i heard someone say 1.22 newdark donthave matnling turned on,so how do i do it?

Actually I'm stuck too, I got all the ingredients for the ritual, I solved both clockwork and pictures riddle and also the two piano secrets, I got into the library and into the bedroom, but now.. what to do? I can't get in the mine nor in the cript

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    stuck again
    See here.

@fortuni,
    In case you didn't get it from scattered but correct sources, here is a summary of what you need to do.

Tafferpatcher has not yet been upgraded to 1.22, as nickie stated. You need the vanilla NewDark installation, to which there is a link in the first post of this thread. You need to unpack the main zip file and then two zip files below that (see instructions).

After the installation, edit cam_ext.cfg to turn new_mantle on by removing the semicolon in front of it.

Before or after that, there are many ways to tell the version of the Thief exe you are running, as explained above. They include inspecting the properties of the exe, hovering mouse over the non-text Thief icon on the task bar, reading the text icon on the task bar, and running Task Manager.

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Remember the days before NewDark came out when you had to use around 6 hacks including DDFIX to get T2 to run on a "modern" computer? Things are better now, really. Much better.

I, too, was a slide rule student and never used a computer until out of college. Remember the IBM 1620? First computer I used. This one, one of the first, had a punched card reader, miniscule memory, an IBM typewriter, and no disk or tape drives. Compiler and loader were decks of cards.
    Last edited by smithpd; 4th Sep 2014 at 05:40.

i was able to use a rope arrow in side of box ,but i am looking for one last thing where is kai-tan death mask,i am guessing its where i put caldron,but i cant figured it out where the location is?i think i have been everywhere

Sengu - yes it was the ring.

downwinder - check the library ceiling carefully.

Actually I'm stuck too, I got all the ingredients for the ritual, I solved both clockwork and pictures riddle and also the two piano secrets, I got into the library and into the bedroom, but now.. what to do? I can't get in the mine nor in the cript
    sengu this is what you have to do go to master bedroomand click roof panel to get in attic,be sure to have lantern on so you can see ladder,then you on right track

this mission is very cool,but where is exit,i did everything else,cant think of place where i saw another way,front gate is closed

Music riddle

Congrats on the release!!!! It's working for me after I upgraded to 1.22

I'd like to know if I have to find something else after Cecil's note, as I cannot solve the puzzlw only with that note........

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Congrats on the release!!!! It's working for me after I upgraded to 1.22

I'd like to know if I have to find something else after Cecil's note, as I cannot solve the puzzlw only with that note........
    There are two riddles, both are secrets and not needed to end the mission. You can actually solve the first riddle with Cecil note

As for me I found the attic entrance in the library and performed the ritual but I still cannot find the invisible treasure I'm supposed to. Also I went down the well but I got nothing to put on the ground pedestal

Sengu: If you've finished the ritual including setting fire to the cauldron, then check the wooden beam behind and above...

downwinder: Have you check everywhere down the well?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Sengu: If you've finished the ritual including setting fire to the cauldron, then check the wooden beam behind and above...

downwinder: Have you check everywhere down the well?
    I must have got something wrong then, I don't know how to put it on fire, maybe I need an item I didn't get yet

I did the piano riddle written on the old note, but I can't understand what is the secret I unlocked
    Look
    spoiler:
    on the floor to the left of the piano. You should find a jewel.

I must have got something wrong then, I don't know how to put it on fire, maybe I need an item I didn't get yet
    If you don't have any fire arrows, yes you will need to wait until you get an item later.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    If you don't have any fire arrows, yes you will need to wait until you get an item later.
    Errr.. in that case I don't know where to go.

use flint and tinder on caldron that is what i did

Have you been to the vault yet? The item is there. If not, you need to go to the master bedroom and find the attic access. Go up and examine the chimney.

To anyone who felt my little tantrum / frustration venting / shouting was a little over the top this morning i sincerely apologize / grovel / please forgive me/ i prostrate myself before the community / i will lash my back with a cat-o-nine tails till i'm red raw in pain and suffering / i will lie upon hot embers whilst a herd of wild buffalo stampede across my body / i will have my tongue sliced from my vile mouth and my eyes poked out with a red hot poker.....yeah alright i guess its best just to say sorry...

but to all those who responded to my call to help earlier today esp margotbean, nicked and smithpd, thank you all for your advise.....i did however understand how to extract files, and even extracted the files within the zip file....my frustration came from after having installed the patch 3 times the game still was not playing and then not being able to check the install

nickie....god bless her soul has come to the rescue and a very big Thank you to her and ill post her PM to me so others who find they are not getting the extraction method working can follow her great advise

''all you need to do is unzip the contents of contrib.zip and new_dark.zip. You can ignore the rest of the files. You can unzip directly into your T2 folder or, if you have a problem with that, unzip to desktop, highlight and drag them into your T2 folder''

and that is exactly what i had worked out what to do with a previous FM install a couple of months ago....

and margotbean thank you for this

''I can help with one aspect of your issues. If you right-click on the thief 2 executable (that is, thief2.exe) and choose "properties", then one of the tabs in that properties dialog will tell which version it is. In Windows 7, it is the "Details" tab, which lists "product version" as 1.22 (or 1.21 if that's the case).''

now where did i put that bleeding gamepad......
    Last edited by fortuni; 4th Sep 2014 at 12:03.

Ok, solved Cecil's note, but don't understand the old note.........
    I also cannot break the boarded up door and the big side doors that look like the patio doors downstairs. I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed............

@ maga - there's another way in to the boarded up room. Have a look near a staircase up to a loft. That should get you going. I'm afraid I forgot to make a note of where the patio door key is.

Actually I went to the attic but I can't find anything in the chimney. You mean the attic in which you find the well note, right?

Btw nicked, the items description at the beginning cracked me up
    Last edited by Sengu; 4th Sep 2014 at 12:24.

thank you nickie! I got the patio key but it does not work on the upstairs big doors (to the library and master bedroom)

@maga,
    You need to get a library key first. Make sure you have visited the scene of the crime in the mansion.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast