TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

Sorry, maga, I didn't get that you meant the doors upstairs.

Downloading now - will make a mirror when done.

http://derfy.net/fms/DeathsTurbidVeil_v10.zip

Code:
    root@derfy:~# md5sum DeathsTurbidVeil_v10.zip
    ee0125944b65780e85bcfc6a1a32df9f  DeathsTurbidVeil_v10.zip

root@derfy:~# sha1sum DeathsTurbidVeil_v10.zip
    7181b681108201c039b5747d2750bb36a10eb293  DeathsTurbidVeil_v10.zip
    Last edited by derfy; 4th Sep 2014 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengu View Post
    Actually I went to the attic but I can't find anything in the chimney. You mean the attic in which you find the well note, right?

Btw nicked, the items description at the beginning cracked me up
    There are four seperate lofts/attics, the roofspaces over the library and master bedroom, and the two tower rooms. The one that leads to the vault is the one above, and accessed from, the master bedroom.

Thanks for this fm Nicked, I've loved puzzles, atmosphere, music, a great moment !

Great mission. I only found 2/8 secrets but was able to finish the whole mission without needing to look for any spoilers, so I'd say you did really well on in-game clues and hints.

Dropped. I was really loving this mission but then I went into the mines, took Marianne's body, made my way through the crypts then I dropped her body in the entrance while I went to collect the key and BAM, the body is not there anymore. I know this is a bug because in one of the servant's room it happened the same thing.

This is a shame. Don't know if I'll try to get all the other objectives completed or I'm just gonna leave it as it is.

Eventually I finished the other objectives and these are my stats

Difficulty: Expert
    Loot 3442\4012
    Secret: 3 out of 6
    Also I consider myself really fast in FMs and Thief in general and I did this in 2h13m, a lot of time for me.

Alas I really hated that one bug with the body, but the mission itself is totally worth playing.

Great work on that nicked, I loved both atmosphere and variety.
    Last edited by Sengu; 4th Sep 2014 at 16:35.

Thief ain`t a timelapse game, Find the secrets, discover hidden clues, stealth gaming, Don`t kill people,.....Ain`t no fun just running through it....It`s not a FPS (First Person Shooter) it`s a FPS (First Person Stealth)!!
    nuff said
    Thanks for this great FM nicked :-)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    Thief ain`t a timelapse game, Find the secrets, discover hidden clues, stealth gaming, Don`t kill people,.....Ain`t no fun just running through it....It`s not a FPS (First Person Shooter) it`s a FPS (First Person Stealth)!!
    nuff said
    Thanks for this great FM nicked :-)
    Never said I ran through missions. Actually I was praising nicked for this long one

@Sengu
    Regarding the body disappearing after a drop, this never happened in testing. Can you describe exactly where you dropped it? "In the entrance" is not clear. What entrance and where? This may bear looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    @Sengu
    Regarding the body disappearing after a drop, this never happened in testing. Can you describe exactly where you dropped it? "In the entrance" is not clear. What entrance and where? This may bear looking into.
    First disappearing body happened in the room on the same corridor of the piano riddles. In the last room there's a man with green shirt sleeping, a bottle and a glass on a table right in front of the fire. I blackjacked him and when I got back into that room later, the body was gone.

As for Marianne I grabbed her body from the "altar" and went down in a hole, then I went through a tunnel in a hall with two female zombies. At this point I started climbing the hall and then I got into the crypts, from there I just went to the crypt entrance, right behind the locked door overlooking the garden, in front of the greenhouse with the Pagan in it. The door was locked and an effigy on the ground told me to look for a key in the tomb of the Sixth Knight. So I dropped Marianne down there and I went back to find the key (Meanwhile I also got the objective from the Pavoni's tomb and I was told about the magical sword.

After doing all this, I went back to open that bloody door and the body was gone.

Also I noticed these two were the only bodies I grabbed. And the same thing happened to both of them: they disappeared after a while, don't know how much though.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to say that the disappearing bodies were actually three. I blackjacked the detective and moved him in a corner of the room. After visiting it again, he wasn't there anymore.
    Last edited by Sengu; 4th Sep 2014 at 19:56.

Sengu: I'm not sure what happened with Marianne's body, but the other two disappearing is probably normal, not a bug. After you've been to the mine, the thralls (the zombie-like people) come up above ground and they kill everyone. So those bodies have been moved to new locations or are just gone. That's normal. But I don't think Marianne's body should have disappeared for this reason. I could be wrong. Nick will surely let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Sengu: I'm not sure what happened with Marianne's body, but the other two disappearing is probably normal, not a bug. After you've been to the mine, the thralls (the zombie-like people) come up above ground and they kill everyone. So those bodies have been moved to new locations or are just gone. That's normal. But I don't think Marianne's body should have disappeared for this reason. I could be wrong. Nick will surely let us know.
    I double checked and the bodies were gone before the mine event.

I have never taken Marianne out by that route. I just jumped down the hole as soon as Pavoni came after me. In fact, you don't have the objective to take Marianne with you when you first encounter Pavoni, so to obtain that objective and take Marianne with you would be a little strange order of doing things. Also, it would be extrememely difficult to carry Marianne with you while running for the hole. I just tried, and I couldn't do it. Pavoni got me first. That sequence could have broken something. I would have to play the entire mission over to reproduce that, and I don't have time now.

I have dropped Marianne in many places after bringing her up via the mine elevator, and that has caused no problem. I just took Marianne to the disappearing place (I think), did some stuff, and came back, and she was still there.

I did a BJ run before going down to the mine the first time. I just checked, moved some bodies around, did some stuff, came back and all the BJ'ed bodies I remember were still in place.
    Last edited by smithpd; 4th Sep 2014 at 22:04.

To Nicked: I just finished and I all I can say is FREAKIN WOW!! This mission had a lot of wonderful moments!! The fire sword is a zombie killin awesome weapon!!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!!

Disappearing bodies: There should indeed be a lot of AI changing places after you unlock the crypt, but nothing should cause a body to disappear before that point and we never saw any disappearing bodies during test. Do you have a save you could send me to take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Disappearing bodies: There should indeed be a lot of AI changing places after you unlock the crypt, but nothing should cause a body to disappear before that point and we never saw any disappearing bodies during test. Do you have a save you could send me to take a look?
    You mean a save before the mine event? I only one after that

nicked,
    What a piece of Work!
    Great mission! Thank you!

Finished! This was amazing. Still missed 2 secrets and 400 loot but that's ok. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengu View Post
    You mean a save before the mine event? I only one after that
    Any with a disappeared Marianne would be fine - I'll see if I can work out where she went...

You got and email, nicked.

OK, nobody else has asked so I must be the dummy. On expert where is the exit?

Search the sewers a bit more.

I have a new Windows 7 64 bit PC. I just installed T2 via Tafferpatch, and applied the New Dark 1.22 update. The game starts, but some textures are dull white (e.g. some of the trees, and the guards), and some textures are flashing between bright white and dull white. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Same here with the dissapearing Marianne.Found her, read the book,Got the objectives to either kill her or take her with.
    I took her with me,while dropping her along the way ocassionally, to scout ahead.Did the consicration rituals along the way to get the trial objectives and the Knights seal. Afterwards I carried her all the way up to the crypt exit and learned about the 6th knight having the key.Dropped her and went back down to get the key.When I came back ,she was gone.

All I did after dropping her at the exit was the Key,if that narrows it down.

Don't know what to do now other than reload a save ,do it all again,or just finish what I can without her and call it "Mission accomplished"

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have a new Windows 7 64 bit PC. I just installed T2 via Tafferpatch, and applied the New Dark 1.22 update. The game starts, but some textures are dull white (e.g. some of the trees, and the guards), and some textures are flashing between bright white and dull white. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    You may be running under 1.21. Pause to desktop and check your Thief icon on the task bar or look in Task Manager. If still Thief 1.21, then it probably means that you failed to unzip the two lower level zip files in the 1.22 install package (see instructions in the 1.22 package).

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast