TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    Same here with the dissapearing Marianne.
    Please help me to understand your exact game play sequence. Did you:

enter the Marianne chamber via the mine;
    read the book, releasing Pavoni and opening the door to the hole in the floor of the chamber;
    leave Pavoni alive (can't kill him then as far as I know);
    carry Marrianne down into the hole into the water of the cave below;
    make your way back through the cave and the crypt to the crypt entrance;
    drop Marianne at the crypt entrance;
    go back to get the crypt key, and find her gone on return?

I am guessing that the sequence has something to do with this bug, and most people would not play in that order, so we missed it during testing.

If you did as above, did you find the 4th step, carrying Marianne to the hole, difficult with Pavoni on the rampage?
    I couldn't do it.
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Sep 2014 at 14:02.

Is it possible that the placing of corpses after the crypt event changes also the position of dropped bodies? That's just and idea..

@sengu, that was a possibility of my theory, but I do not understand how that could occur. My understanding is that the event does not occur until you open the crypt door. I could be wrong. Also, if Marianne is immune to disappearing if you do not carry her on that route (the usual approach, and what I observed), why would she disappear if you do carry her?
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Sep 2014 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Please help me to understand your exact game play sequence. Did you:

enter the Marianne chamber via the mine;
    read the book, releasing Pavoni and opening the door to the hole in the floor of the chamber;
    leave Pavoni alive (can't kill him then as far as I know);
    carry Marrianne down into the hole into the water of the cave below;
    make your way back through the cave and the crypt to the crypt entrance;
    drop Marianne at the crypt entrance;
    go back to get the crypt key, and find her gone on return?

I am guessing that the sequence has something to do with this bug, and most people would not play in that order, so we missed it during testing.

If you did as above, did you find the 4th step, carrying Marianne to the hole, difficult with Pavoni on the rampage?
    I couldn't do it.
    Yep.Entered the chamber via the mine.I doused the candles on her alter first and hid in the shadows to read the book.After reading Pavoni never saw me in the shadows ,and he just walked on by ,down the passage.I took Marianne and dropped down the hole.I don't recall having problems walking.
    Basically had her with me the whole time,dropping her once or twice to delete the haunts and do the consicrations/ enter the knights chamber..More or less did everything needed ,and made it to the crypt exit with her.Dropped her at the exit to read the inscriptions about the key.Left her there and went back to get the key.When I got back she was gone,before I ever opened the door.Luckily I saved before going back for the key.I reloaded,but she is gone this time before I ever left to get the key.

Already alerted he police,and was told I have to wait 24 hours before I can file a missing persons report.I explained to them that she was a deadly zombie,but they say as long as she hasn't hurt anyone,there's not a lot they can do.

Anyway, in what order did the testers play this part?I mean I'm on the way to get out of the mines,why not take her with me?Saves a trip back down.
    Last edited by ravoll; 5th Sep 2014 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    Anyway, in what order did the testers play this part?I mean I'm on the way to get out of the mines,why not take her with me?Saves a trip back down.
    I can't speak for other testers, only myself. The situation with me, and I think the intended method, was:

SERIOUS SPOILERS BELOW

when you read the book with the candles lit, Pavoni attacks you immediately;
    run to escape him, observe the hole, and go down, leaving Marianne behind;
    you don't have time to read the new objectives while doing the above;
    enter the crypt, do the ritual, and get the seal and the mine key;
    get the magic sword;
    enter the mine with the magic sword, kill Pavoni;
    take Marianne out via the ladder and the mine elevator.

You have to return via the mine elevator anyway to kill Pavoni, so taking Marianne through the cave initially does not buy you anything. Plus the route out is more difficult. Plus you would probably have to reload a save to extinguish the candles, read the new objective in the darkness, and figure out the method and route you took.

Of course, the player cannot be expected to know the above, so you did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Sep 2014 at 15:24.

I'm pretty sure I did it once the way ravoll did it - in the first test before I knew what I was doing. She didn't disappear. But shalebridge is down at the moment so I can't remind myself. I just remember dropping her so I could read the plaque. This was pre v1.22 though.

Thanks Peter. THAT makes a lot more sense than what I ended up doing.
    spoiler:
    carting her all the way back to the surface through the crypt. Getting stuck in the small pool because new mantle wasn't enabled had me reload to before I read the book that triggers Pav. So not knowing about the ladder back to the shaft that was to appear later, I thought I had no choice but to take M with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengu View Post
    You got and email, nicked.
    I loaded the saves you sent, but it looks like both of these are from the library attic before going into the vault - in both, Marianne is still in her starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm pretty sure I did it once the way ravoll did it - in the first test before I knew what I was doing. She didn't disappear. But shalebridge is down at the moment so I can't remind myself. I just remember dropping her so I could read the plaque. This was pre v1.22 though.
    I have a vague memory of maybe doing that myself the first time, with the same result, using 1.21.
    Or maybe not. See my post below.
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Sep 2014 at 16:17.

How to get into the crime scene room?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I loaded the saves you sent, but it looks like both of these are from the library attic before going into the vault - in both, Marianne is still in her starting position.
    What? This is impossible.. have you loaded the quicksave?

Yeah, there's a quicksave and a full save - they are both slightly different, from 1:13 and 1:14 time stamps, both in the library attic with only a couple of objectives done.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    How to get into the crime scene room?
    Check around the chair in the hallway around to the side.

Yeah, there's a quicksave and a full save - they are both slightly different, from 1:13 and 1:14 time stamps, both in the library attic with only a couple of objectives done.
    Seriously I don't understand what is happening.. my saves are both at the end of the mission.. with all the objectives done

Had a lot of fun playing this FM, thank you nicked for all your hard work creating it!

The only issue I had was that the loot total changed from 3737 at the beginning to 3912 later in the game, then to 4012 near the end. I'm not sure exactly when it changed though. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just replayed the sequence like revoll did it, and the disappearing body did not happen for me. So I guess my theory about it depending on the sequence could be wrong. I did the carry-out sequence fairly fast, without taking loot, in 22 minutes. Here is what I did. I entered the lair, extinguished the candles, and took Marianne out through the cave. I dropped her at the entrance to the crypt, did the ritual to get the seal and mine key, went back to get her, took her out to the locked crypt door, dropped her, read the sign about the crypt key, went back to get the key, and returned to the crypt door. There she was, pretty as a picture.

I do not remember doing this sequence before, but it could have happened in the first of many play-throughs. Again, this is not the recommended sequence. I described the preferred sequence above under SERIOUS SPOILERS.

So maybe this bug is caused by a script or a setting in a configuration file.
    Last edited by smithpd; 5th Sep 2014 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    The only issue I had was that the loot total changed from 3737 at the beginning to 3912 later in the game, then to 4012 near the end. I'm not sure exactly when it changed though. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Yes. Those changes are the two piano secrets because the piano creates loot. Nick intended it to be that way, but I agree that it is a little strange.

In my case, when I returned to destroy Pavoni... all the zombies that were down there disappeared. The girl was still where I left it, less harm

Check around the chair in the hallway around to the side.
    Thank you!

And, how you guys deal with the zombies down there? They seem to be invulnerable. By the way, the mines part seems to be pretty scary!

Yes. Those changes are the two piano secrets because the piano creates loot. Nick intended it to be that way, but I agree that it is a little strange.
    Thanks, I suspected it was from those but wasn't sure; yes a bit unusual, but fine if intended.

I believe my Damage Dealt was the highest ever at 329,094 thanks to that sword!

You may be running under 1.21. Pause to desktop and check your Thief icon on the task bar or look in Task Manager. If still Thief 1.21, then it probably means that you failed to unzip the two lower level zip files in the 1.22 install package (see instructions in the 1.22 package).
    No, that is not the issue. Thief is definitely at 1.22.

For the record, the first time I played the mission during testing I took Marianne with me on my first trip out of the mine. Like others here, I dropped her at the crypt entrance and went back for the key. But she did not disappear. I also did this same thing in a later beta version (though I didn't have to go back for the key) and though I dropped her numerous times, she did not disappear then either.

Congratulations to the release!

I'm looking forward to playing this when I get some free time. I just opened it quickly today to have a look and it looks like there will be lots of stuff to explore. I must say I liked the use of pitch black areas, by the way (although I could visit only the area under the well before my time ran out).

I ran through the mission again a couple of times to try and get the issue, taking Marianne with me and dropping her by the crypt entrance to try to get her to disappear, but with no luck. Still no idea how she could disappear unless she was killed, but the only thing that can kill her is the fire sword. No idea what's happened I'm afraid.

I am playing on expert, I just came down to the silver mines. I really don't know how to get by these zombies, they seem to be invulnerable (I think I might get a sword for them later on), and I always get killed.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast