TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

@ticky, Since you can't kill them now, sneaking (creeping, ghosting) is the only way.

Update.
    Gave up last night cause it was late.
    Reloaded the previous save this morning,that I had made just before I went for the key and Marianne was right where I left her. Got back with the key and she was still there.Unlocked the crypt exit and carried her out.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with Darkloader.Reason being is because a few times as I was rummaging through the crypts I would loose audio.Tried saving and reloading with no success.Sound was still dead.Only after I shut everything down,T2 and Darkloader, and restarted was the audio back.

Who knows?Maybe restarting Darkloader caused Marianne to reappear.

Before anyone says to use FMsel instead,FM's I started in the past via FMsel freeze up and nothing works afterwards.Not even Darkloader, or the original Thief2 will run after loading FM's with FMsel.So I just don't use it.
    Last edited by ravoll; 6th Sep 2014 at 05:00.

OK, I seem to have cured my textures problem with this FM. In cam_ext.cfg, I enabled use_d3d_display, and I also enabled d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf. I don't know if only one of these fixed the problem, but things are looking right now, so onwards and upwards.

@ravoll,
    I don't understand blaming Darkloader for anything. Once you load a mission with Darkloader, it has no effect on anything. You can close it and never use it again until you want to load the next mission. Simply run from the Thief EXE.

Well - unless it's something to do with how Darkloader installs it (putting it all in the root then cleaning it up), as opposed to FMSel that keeps it in a separate folder altogether. Don't know why that would cause an issue, but it'd be interesting to know if anyone else who had that issue was using Darkloader. I just use FMSel myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    OK, I seem to have cured my textures problem with this FM. In cam_ext.cfg, I enabled use_d3d_display, and I also enabled d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf. I don't know if only one of these fixed the problem, but things are looking right now, so onwards and upwards.
    I'm glad I got this working. Fireflies, a working piano, paintings, great decor. I learned a new word too from the FM title, had to look it up. Prior to that its meaning had been, well, turbid.

This FM is great effort, it looks fantastic, the level design is quality, but I really don't like this puzzle gameplay - after discovering all areas and blackjackin all guards I don't have much patience for backtracking, it's annoying. I wish FM authors added 'mission type = puzzles' to their FM info.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm glad I got this working. Fireflies, a working piano, paintings, great decor. I learned a new word too from the FM title, had to look it up. Prior to that its meaning had been, well, turbid.
    I nearly changed it, after someone pointed out that it's not far off the word turgid. And that adds all sorts of unfortunate connotations!

I'm not able to locate the ankh of protection. I killed Pavoni.....any hint?

@maga

in the coffin where you got the seal & the mine key

ffox thanks! It will be hard to find the place again.......

Not hard at all. Just go to the crypt (near the greenhouse) and go downstairs. You'll see where you are then.

An absolutely gorgeous and utterly enjoyable mission - thank you nicked I couldn't resist playing and re-playing it until I found all six secrets some of them mischievously hidden without any clue! and all the 3912 loot I could locate.

To my (pleasant) surprise all these marvelous HD textures appear to be fully compatible with NecroAge, enhancing the visual experience (e.g., loot objects) a bit even further.

Two questions:
    (1) when replaying, the reported total loot count varies between 3737 and 4012; however, I have never found more than 3912. Any suggestion?
    (2) Can I use the Plant Fertilizer anywhere? I hoped to see its spectacular effect...

1. There are two secrets which each increase the loot total when found. If you've found all six secrets, then it must be other loot you are missing. There is a lootlist but I don't know when Nick will want to make it available.

2. There is an open window in one corner of the house (not the one with the flower box). Look at the sidewalk outside under that window.

@csamba: Have you found the wine bottles in the crate on the patio? I often miss them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    Damn 457MB, this is going to be an epic mission.
    taffin yeah.. must be some mission if its THAT big...

Where is that hall of trials? I'm back in the house from the crypt, now it's full of zombies, and I would like to get that sword and go for the trials.

ticky - have a look down the well...

If you have a loot list, feel free to release it - I can't remember if we had one on the testing forum and it's still down.

superb mission and the lantern really added to the atmosphere. actually was scared again and this old taffer has seen a lot

Now, as far as the sword I have the wine, rat and flints, cannot use any of them down in the well in the bowl. Cannot find the blue flower that I may need. Any help would be appreciated.thanks and awesome job. Warms my taffer heart after all these years to have such dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    1. There are two secrets which each increase the loot total when found. If you've found all six secrets, then it must be other loot you are missing.

2. There is an open window in one corner of the house (not the one with the flower box). Look at the sidewalk outside under that window.
    Thanks, both found. Sure, I must have missed the gem from the piano when I replayed concentrating on the loot...

@ffox: yes, I did. A few pieces were even more tricky to locate, like another wine bottle in the storage room, some jars in the crypt, not to mention some secrets...

I've done the trials, and went back to the mines. I killed the houselord, but couldn't find Marianne's body, looks like she disappeared for me to.

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    Now, as far as the sword I have the wine, rat and flints, cannot use any of them down in the well in the bowl. Cannot find the blue flower that I may need. Any help would be appreciated.thanks and awesome job. Warms my taffer heart after all these years to have such dedication!
    Those ingredients belong to the magic spell, which is to be performed in the attic above the library. Youl'll need a cauldron and the blue flower as well (you find it outside in a flowerbed, West of the small pavilion).
    The way to the sword starts down in the well, that bowl needs the big seal you must have received from the dead king in the crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I've done the trials, and went back to the mines. I killed the houselord, but couldn't find Marianne's body, looks like she disappeared for me to.
    This is like a curse, lol

I started playing today and have a pretty good time!
    Very nice nice mission!
    Unfortunately I have an issue with some ambient sounds.
    (I am using FMSel and libmp3lame.dll is availlable as well, but that should not matter)

As soon as I reach the following spot, the ambient audio in that area turns into some terrible static noise:
    After escaping the Lord and you are dropping down into some area guarded by female zombies.
    As soon as I get to a woman in green which is guarding the exit to a blueish area that seems to lead to the tombs
    - right at the spot where that wooden staircase is located with a coffin below - the ambient turns into static noise.

Any idea if some special audio decoder is required ?

Oh, and a truncated readable:
    policej.str is truncated after 'shadowy corner' and needs a second page.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    If you have a loot list, feel free to release it - I can't remember if we had one on the testing forum and it's still down.
    Here's the loot list I made during testing. You can read it online or just click the download button on the top right. I'll add the link to the first post as well.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast