TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

interesting, so to get the seal, I am assuming that I needto sanctify three knights, but what if I only have two water arrows left?

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    interesting, so to get the seal, I am assuming that I needto sanctify three knights, but what if I only have two water arrows left?
    Look above the upstairs tomb. One is there. They are supposed to be renewing if you run out, but I am not sure.

Audio issues:
    I continued playing this morning and figured that the following 3 audio files are causing trouble for me:
    hammer01L.wav
    hammer02L.wav
    chant01L.wav
    I had to move/delete them one by one as I made my way through the crypts, so I would not have to stand the static noise.

I am not an audio expert, but I found that these three use a bitrate of 2116 kBit/s
    whereas all the other ambient sounds, which did not cause any issues used 1411 & 1536 kBit/s.
    Maybe they need to be converted into a supported format?

For those who have the dissappearing Marianne issue - how you guys deal with it? Restart the mission, stop the mission, finish it with one objective unticked?

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Unfortunately I have an issue with some ambient sounds.
    The area in question uses the wav file hammer01L.wav so you could try opening that to see if it plays ok outside of Thief, and if you still have problems just rename/remove that file and just have no ambient music in that area. I don't think it would be encoded differently to the other sounds in the mission.

Edit: Oops, paged! Thinking about it, those sounds are from a different source and I didn't edit them beforehand. I will try loading them in Audacity and reexporting them so you can see if a drop-in replacement works.
    Last edited by nicked; 7th Sep 2014 at 04:51. Reason: Missed a follow-up post.

Try dropping these sound files into snd/ambient to replace the originals, to see if the static problem is resolved:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    For those who have the dissappearing Marianne issue - how you guys deal with it? Restart the mission, stop the mission, finish it with one objective unticked?
    well - that one was my fault. I left her in the well with the barrels, but I forgot it. Now I have her and I also killed her. I'm gonna go for the mask, crown and the necklace then.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Try dropping these sound files into snd/ambient to replace the originals, to see if the static problem is resolved:

I also had the problem with the ambient sound turning to static noise. These new audio files however have solved the problem, thank you.

What I don't understand is what to do with the piano, and what I miss for the attic ritual (I have flint, blue flower, fertiliser, wine and a dead rat)

The 'gaze of death' challenge is now getting tedious. is there a sure way of getting out again once you've got the shield fragment?
    Last edited by nickie; 7th Sep 2014 at 10:06. Reason: spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    The 'gaze of death' challenge is now getting tedious. is there a sure way of getting out again once you've got the shield fragment?
    Just don't let those faces "see" you. Always look for those columns with less death faces than others.
    Last edited by nickie; 7th Sep 2014 at 10:07. Reason: spoiler cover added

Can't mantle up from the well

Dam barrels are too close. Stuck in the well, be nice to leave enough room to get out or leave the barrels out.

Quote Originally Posted by romsas View Post
    Dam barrels are too close. Stuck in the well, be nice to leave enough room to get out or leave the barrels out.
    check first post in this thread and modify the "new mantle" that will help you

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    What I don't understand is what to do with the piano, and what I miss for the attic ritual (I have flint, blue flower, fertiliser, wine and a dead rat)
    check the kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post

Thanks!
    These new sounds work perfectly well.

I have everything on expert except one thing. Any hint for the necklace?

Go to the butler's room (next to the room with the large skulls) and read a note there. Then go to the gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Go to the butler's room (next to the room with the large skulls) and read a note there. Then go to the gallery.
    Thanks! Another nice puzzle. Finished, it was the mission of the year for me, next to Lost in the Far Edges. Nice work, nicked! I especially really loved the music in the main hall with the staircase - so creepy but pleasant.

Thanks I figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    check first post in this thread and modify the "new mantle" that will help you
    After I upgraded to Newdark 1.22 this disable my new mantle line . Just went to cam_ext.cfg file and enable it and everything worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    I just tried to start this mission, and it crashed right after the Objectives screen!

I tried removing some of my upgrades (NecroAge, HDMOD, ep2) and reinstalling Thief 1.22. Same result.

The same here.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Just started playing this, really impressive. I'm stuck now though. I got into the library, the boarded up room, and the master bedroom, solved the clock puzzle, but now I don't know where to go next. I have a gemstone clue paper but I'm not sure how to use it. And is there something more to that piano?

Have a good look around the loft above the master bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Have a good look around the loft above the master bedroom.
    Totally missed that, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9puB06j6Jc

FenPhoenix had the same problem with the disappearing body, don't know if he posted it already or someone else did

Quote Originally Posted by Sengu View Post
    FenPhoenix had the same problem with the disappearing body
    Interesting. Yes, but in a different place. This time in a hallway before entering the knights' crypt. So, there is nothing unique about the crypt door room.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast