TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

During testing I always brought her out the other way - bottom level of mine and up in the elevator (shorter and less mantling required). The disappearing body bug seems to occur when she is brought out via the crypt. I'll try that route later.

Edit: I've gone via the crypt way to the greenhouse, dropping her here and there whilst saving and reloading. She is still with me.
    Last edited by ffox; 9th Sep 2014 at 08:57.

That was my experience, too. I suggested that maybe it is a configuration setting or a script.

Zombified
    try asking Fen, maybe he still has the bugged save - maybe it will be possible to open it in Dromed and find out where she went.

For those of us who are having issues with excessively slow machines like mine (1.75GHZ) here is a hint to deal with this dilemma.

At the beginning you start with a drop into the water.

Things like water, sky and see-through windows will slow down and lag your frame rate considerably.

So adjust to look down towards the ground and hit escape to go to your options screen and then go right back into the game. Keep a about a fifth of your upper view forward at the top of the screen and you should be able to move forward while viewing mostly ground but still have enough view to see potential problems from your AI opponents.

It will remain kind of a hassle to move in the world but it is possible.

Stealth is almost an absolute must, so keep your light gem dark as much as possible.

Once you are inside the mansion being near windows will slow down your frame rate, but once in the more enclosed rooms you should be able to move at a more normal frame rate.

I have almost finished this mission on expert using this method when in problem areas for my machine.

The crypts and the mines you should be able to move at a normal frame rate with no problems.
    The puzzles will not present any problems at all.

There is currently one ingredient I do not have for mixing a simple attic brew and that is the dead rat. I am trying to figure out if I dropped (or maybe ate it? ) somewhere, or just did not pick it up at all and forgot where it was. I also thought I had the fertilizer bag but don't have that either. I assume this will get me the death mask which is my last objective to finish this mission.

Anyway, I just want people to know even if their machines are lacking in speed and processing power you should still be able to play this mission.

OldMeat: The dead rat is outside in the stables and the fertilizer is in the greenhouse, though it's a jar, not a bag. And the fertilizer isn't necessary for the spell.

Thanks Tanner

I think I read earlier that the fertilizer has something to do with that crack in the walkway on the side of the mansion. So now I can finally finish this mission. As for the dead rat I must not have saved at some some point where I thought I had it.

It might take some amount of time for me because these are some of the areas I was talking about in my first post in this thread. At least now I feel alot safer with that firesword that makes short work of those zombified bloodsuckers while traversing in those parts of the map.

I'm currently on holiday so have no access to dromed, but if anyone has a save from any point after Marianne has disappeared, please send it to me and I'll be able to take a look when I get back end of next week.

Player Fen also had issues with the ambient sounds in the crypt at 20:20.
    Would it make sense to add the updated sound-archive to the first post until an updated version of the mission is available?

Very much enjoying this mission, thanks Nicked

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i launch the game via darkloadre, i donīt use any thief 2 icon to run it.
    I'm using the newdark mission selector... anyone having problems using that??

I got almost everything done on Hard, but I'm wondering, what's the flint and steel for? And where do I find the key to the piano puzzle?

There are lanterns in the mine that you can light with the flint and steel, though only on the middle level. There are two piano puzzles. The clue for one is in the drawing room fireplace and the clue for the other is in the tower room with the guard.

Thanks. I don't get the "fade\fad" one though. I tried spelling it out and it doesn't work

You need to play it at the high end of the keyboard (the far right). And the F, A, and D are sharp (black keys) but the E is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You need to play it at the high end of the keyboard (the far right). And the F, A, and D are sharp (black keys) but the E is not.
    īGot it, thanks! Just finished it, one of the best missions I've ever played, I can't imagine how much effort it must have taken to create something like this

For the record, the first time I played the mission during testing I took Marianne with me on my first trip out of the mine. Like others here, I dropped her at the crypt entrance and went back for the key. But she did not disappear. I also did this same thing in a later beta version (though I didn't have to go back for the key) and though I dropped her numerous times, she did not disappear then either.
    I dropped her outside the crypt after taking her down the hole after the first encounter, and went to do the trials and after when I returned to reclaim her body, yup, she was gone

So far, this is a beautiful mission. There's been a lot of time (not exaggerating a bit) to make and test this one.

I am a little stuck now. I taken care of everyone in the house, and lit all the lanterns in the mine. I had to make sure, that I didn't open the chest in the vault the closes the door/grate. I cannot gather the items for the ritual after being in the Library twice. Read both the book from the desk, as well as the scroll on a separate shelf.
    I have a fire arrow, and the flint, but there are 2 running rats in the stable, and no dead ones. Checked everywhere, even the roof. Also, cannot find the cauldron, nor the blue flower for the ritual either. Is there something in the house, or the crypt, that will trigger these to become available? I was thinking that either readable from the library, and or kitchen would allow these to be obtained, in order to get the sword.
    Last edited by Tannar; 13th Sep 2014 at 21:54. Reason: Added spoiler covers

All of the items for the ritual are available all the time. The cauldron is in the kitchen on the counter. The dead rat is in the stable loft on the right side as you enter. Look behind some empty jars. The flower is in a garden flower patch near the gazebo with the archer. The wine is in the tower room that does not have a guard.

All of the items for the ritual are available all the time. The cauldron is in the kitchen on the counter. The dead rat is in the stable loft on the right side as you enter. Look behind some empty jars. The flower is in a garden flower patch near the gazebo with the archer. The wine is in the tower room that does not have a guard.
    Ah, thanks Mike. Apparently, I'll need to restart this mission as all 3 items are not where they're supposed to be on my map. Every once in a blue moon, I get this issue.
    -All I get is a moss arrow & a Health potion where the rat should be.

EDIT: Looks like there's another issue. I restarted the mission from scratch, and nothing was showing up for the ritual for easy. I removed Darkloader, as well as Thief 2 w/tafferpatcher.

Then re-installed Tafferpatcher (w/Newdark v1.21). Then extracted v1.22 to the C:\Games\Thief 2 folder. Made sure v1.22 for Thief2.exe was showing in details.
    -Still nothing showing up on items required for the ritual. When I re-installed T2-tafferpatcher, there were no Thief 2 saved games that could mess me up. worse yet. I cannot ghost in the lower mine, to get to the elevator.

Any ideas? Tried FM Selector as well. Cannot get it to run the mission.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 14th Sep 2014 at 03:33.

iirc the ritual (and associated items) is Expert only.

Ah, thanks Ffox, good thing I remembered to list easy. I'll need that sword..

Ok I need step by step help with the piano puzzle. I have spelled out decade many times. I even got a picture of a keyboard as I know nothing about pianos. Someone please spoil it for me as I'm getting a bit frustrated. Thanks

IIRC, you need to do that on the left hand end of the piano - find the lowest C.

Great work, nicked. The mission was just big enough to be interesting without being annoying when some backtracking/searching was necessary.

The puzzles were intuitive if you stopped to think for a moment and the small switches and keys seemed obvious if you were careful. Not everyone plays piano though!

Marianne vanished on me as well, on multiple occasions/locations. Pavoni's journal mentioned she might arise as vampire like himself, so I thought it was intentional. I kept my eyes peeled until the last moment, expecting a surprise reveal by the gates!

Loved the wounded Pavoni withering into a mummy for the last bit of damage--it tied into the lore about the toughness of the Death Lords. Lots of great little details: fireflies, growing beanstalk, lanterns, hedges, flowerbeds.

Overall, top notch stuff. Encore!
    Last edited by nickie; 15th Sep 2014 at 01:59. Reason: Name was obviously a typo. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Ah, thanks Ffox, good thing I remembered to list easy. I'll need that sword..
    Sorry, dbrilliant. I didn't realize you weren't playing on Expert.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast