TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Endless Rain (09/08/2014)

Loving it so far, though I'm not sure what to do at the those who want to enter must cleanse my heart first bit. The actions that seemed obvious haven't had an effect so far.

Edit: Ah, nevermind, figured it out.
    Last edited by Kerrle; 9th Sep 2014 at 04:10.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Was the audio problem only with the rain sounds ? I suspect it's due to the 24 bits PCM sampling that would have been used. I've seen a couple videos from Fen where he had similar problems.
    Personally I never had any issue with these sounds.
    I have problem but only with OpenAL acceleration. With Hadware Acceleration ON or OFF there is not problem.

Zombified
    I don't think OpenAL supports 24bit sounds.

You guys are on the right track, ... sort of.
    I can enable Hardware Acceleration (using either ON or OpenAL), but I must disable EAX in order to hear the rain correct.
    Seems like EAX can not cope with these sounds.

Edit: I am almost through the entire mission and had no other issues.
    Yet another classic vertical skacky mission!
    Last edited by gnartsch; 9th Sep 2014 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    You guys are on the right track, ... sort of.
    I can enable Hardware Acceleration (using either ON or OpenAL), but I must disable EAX in order to hear the rain correct.
    Seems like EAX can not cope with these sounds.
    I have not problem with EAX of hadware acceleration just OpenAl and EAX and noEAX.

Zombified
    anyway, looks like 24bit sounds are a bad idea - they should probably be avoided in the future.

Could anyone with sound issues try dropping these files in their SND/SFX folder and see if it makes a difference?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lt5oh599p...ounds.zip?dl=0

Works fine for me, skacky. Thanks!

I stood in the start spot for five minutes just soaking it all in. I felt the rain on my head, the grit of the cobble stones, sniffed the smoke from a hundred chimneys. THIS is why we're all still here after so many years. So chock full 'o thiefy goodness! Now, off to work.

Congratulations on the release Skacky......it's a brilliant mission, you will all have a ball playing this one...let's see who's first to find ALL the loot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    Loving it so far, though I'm not sure what to do at the those who want to enter must cleanse my heart first bit. The actions that seemed obvious haven't had an effect so far.

Edit: Ah, nevermind, figured it out.
    You don't care about this thread do you?
    I'm at the same point and I'd appreciate your sharing the details...

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    You don't care about this thread do you?
    I'm at the same point and I'd appreciate your sharing the details...
    have you been to the apothecary yet ?

Has anyone else had a problem with game installing as a T2 engine rather than TG? I had difficulties with installing New dark ver1.22 for T2. Could this affect TG too?

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    have you been to the apothecary yet ?
    Yes, but I don't remember finding anything important there (I had read about the "concoction" before but did not find any trace of that). I'll look around there again... any hint?

"Edit: I found it" - of course, what simple water cannot cleanse, holy water can.
    Wow, that was big!!! Good thing it moved so slowly...
    Thanks, loot count up to 3268 now, still heaps to search for.
    Last edited by csamba; 9th Sep 2014 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem with game installing as a T2 engine rather than TG? I had difficulties with installing New dark ver1.22 for T2. Could this affect TG too?
    bedwine....read the 1st post by skacky, its best to play via FMSel, but follow skacky instructions if you must play via Darkloader

Classical Master 2008
    And it is done. This might be my favourite in skacky's mission trilogy yet - and that's out of three fine, fine missions. I am still missing 800 loot, and to my disappointment, missed the key to the lock which promised an even deeper mystery. But I will get it next time!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Hmm. This has never been mentioned during beta-testing.
    It was as I mentioned it, but I can't remember how I fixed though and can't access the Shalbridge forums atm
    Could anyone with sound issues try dropping these files in their SND/SFX folder and see if it makes a difference? https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lt5oh599p...ounds.zip?dl=0
    The problem is NOT with the mission but rather the players Thief 1 install. From memory it was either 1) I had a corrupt thief1 install and a fresh install with Tfix (which gave me Thief 1.22) fixed it, or 2) disabling EAX/OpenAL in-game.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 9th Sep 2014 at 17:03.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I stood in the start spot for five minutes just soaking it all in. I felt the rain on my head, the grit of the cobble stones, sniffed the smoke from a hundred chimneys. THIS is why we're all still here after so many years. So chock full 'o thiefy goodness!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, posted over on the darkmod forums - http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...014-by-skacky/
    Last edited by bikerdude; 9th Sep 2014 at 17:04.

Could anyone with sound issues try dropping these files in their SND/SFX folder and see if it makes a difference?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lt5oh599p...ounds.zip?dl=0
    Ok how do I copy and paste the files into the snd folder?
    Because since it is a zipped folder it won't let me just drop the new files.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    Ok how do I copy and paste the files into the snd folder?
    Because since it is a zipped folder it won't let me just drop the new files.
    if you just open the file, you can then copy and paste or you should be able to extract directly into the snd folder, but i suggest open then copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    if you just open the file, you can then copy and paste or you should be able to extract directly into the snd folder, but i suggest open then copy and paste
    Tried the copy and paste, no dice.
    Edit: Nvm fixed now.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne93; 9th Sep 2014 at 18:20.

Couldn't get the rain sounds to work with Darkloader, with or without OpenAL, EAX or hardware acceleration. Even tried putting the fixed sound files into snd/sfx. Worked with FMSel though. Nice mission so far!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

This is absolutely amazing, skacky. For a while it seemed I would never get up on the rooftops, but once I got up there I didn't think I'd ever come down. Right from the opening vista of the city I knew this would become a favorite of mine! Thanks for all your work on this.

Finished after almost 5 hours into the mission with 4371 loot.
    Once again, the architecture of the city is unmatched in the world of Thief.
    And it was so much fun finding your way, and making your choice where to go first without going lost.
    If you would ask me to get back to some specific place, then I would be perfectly clueless and lost.
    So, you really have to tread carefully if you want to see it all.
    Thanks, skacky !

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    And it was so much fun finding your way, and making your choice where to go first without going lost.
    If you would ask me to get back to some specific place, then I would be perfectly clueless and lost.
    it took me 5 playthroughs during beta testing before i really had got my head around the map.....a pretty stunning achievement on skacky's behalf....well done on your loot find, very impressive

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast