TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Endless Rain (09/08/2014)

Congrats on the release!

Yeah, i'm Taffer!!(note).

congratulation skaky , nice mission

looking for a direct spoiler , i've got the key for the cloister walking around

where is the goal?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofLight View Post
    congratulation skaky , nice mission

looking for a direct spoiler , i've got the key for the cloister walking around

where is the goal?
    Go up the mansion through the double metal doors until you reach a courtyard with a well in it. Look for a metal door there

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I also do not know how a 'gothic' house looks like.
    Ah! This is the house right above the starting location. You can only reach it through two wooden shutters at the end of a pipe that seems lead nowhere, right above some rope attachable wooden framework.
    Last edited by klatremus; 17th Sep 2014 at 01:13.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Oh , Finally i 've found it

Thanks

An exciting mission, great gameplay. Congratulations!

Your best mission yet. The vertical action was much better in this one than in previous missions, and you've managed to use the stock T1/G textures and make something that still looks pretty good even in 2014.

I was down just under 1000 loot from max so I'm sure I missed quite a few things.

Any way to avoid triggering the traps in the keeper vault?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Any way to avoid triggering the traps in the keeper vault?
    Thanks
    You can easily avoid the gas mine by just hugging the walls on the way in, but when you take the item on the pedestal you can't stop that as far as I know. You can however position yourself to take no damage from that trap, and it didn't seem to alert the big spider at all.

Thanks GUFF. I was able to avoid damage and alerting the spider all right. You can't trigger traps for Supreme ghost though, hence my question. That's ok, I can just avoid triggering the objective in the first place.

Great mission. I've left a couple of hundred loot somewhere up in those rooftops, but had a great time finding the rest!

Keeps telling me I have the wrong version I have 1.21 , not sure what is required. My newdark is .122 but not sure how that relates to thief gold

You need to install NewDark version 1.22, as you're using 1.21 right now and this FM requires 1.22. Make sure you rename your Thief2.exe from the NewDark archive to Thief.exe in your T1/Gold directory and run that.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I made my own loot/equipment list jiansonz, I always do when I play. PM me if you'd like a copy.
    No need, got it all now. Thanks anyway.

(Other than the chandelier diamond, I had missed three other little stashes. Found two on my own, then there was only 29 loot left. With standard loot values, that's two silver coinstacks and something worth 5. That fit perfectly with stuff at 'Technician's place - behind coil' in the lootlist. I knew which place this refers to (although it took me quite a while to find it again...).)

Thanks I'll give it a try , yep that worked
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    You need to install NewDark version 1.22, as you're using 1.21 right now and this FM requires 1.22. Make sure you rename your Thief2.exe from the NewDark archive to Thief.exe in your T1/Gold directory and run that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks!
    I'm loving this, great classic T1 experience
    And the architecture is stunning...
    How do I get in the weaponsmith shop?

Nevermind, I was looking in the wrong place. Found it.
    Last edited by rustmite; 21st Sep 2014 at 12:51.

Finished last night. Wonderful mission! If it was one of the TDP OMs back then, I would have lost my mind at how cool it is. I enjoyed this as a big climber, getting where I'm not intended to be:

Oh almost forgot, a couple of issues that got through to shipment. I was able to poke my head through the yellow/white sewer doors when I leaned against them to listen to what's on the other side. First noticed when I thought I heard a zombie and then leaned right through it to see the dead guy with flys. As well, the bald thief is on the same team as the city guards for some reason. These really don't take away from how awesome the mission was.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 22nd Sep 2014 at 20:10. Reason: couple more things

Simply fantastic. Probably my favorite mission of all time. Had all the things I love - lots of exploration, terrific game play, good story, rooftops/great use of height, breathtaking architecture and TG (I am a die hard TDP/TG fan).

Thanks Skacky for a really fun experience. I am actually going to play it again slowly as I am sure I missed some areas. It felt very wide open to me and not at all sequential. I may just walk around for a few hours enjoying the scenery! I kept looking up the whole time I was playing to enjoy the height. I guess NewDark really does make a big difference.

BBB

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    Thanks Skacky for a really fun experience. I am actually going to play it again slowly as I am sure I missed some areas.
    I played again, after having beta tested it

Endless Rain supreme ghosted! Read the full report with screenshots HERE.
    Let's Play coming next week...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Some things have proved to be a mystery:
    the courtyard next to the start, with the butcher's place - neat, but it became a problem for an otherwise successful ghost run since I can't go up the lit passage without alerting the guard
    Strange. I had no problems walking up there at all. Hug to the right and he can't see you.
    Last edited by klatremus; 25th Sep 2014 at 02:50.

Great report, man! Really enjoyed reading it.

I just finished this mission with full loot.I must say wow just wow,this mission was amazing.I must say I loved all your previous missions,Skacky and I must say you are one of my favorite authors,when I see a mission done by Skacy I know I'm in for a treat.It just happens that City,and Thieves Highway type missions are my favorite type.This mission was just perfect on every point.This is a really good mission dealing with the City's underworld way better than TG's Thieves Guild that's for sure.Consequentially this was also my last TG mission.

Now I am all caught up have played and finished about 99% of Thief DP and Thief Gold Missions,I only skipped over a couple that I wasn't enjoying.If anyone wishes I will post my list of Missions completed,and skipped includeing my favorite missions and my top missions for both games.Now I am gonna be moving on to the tasking of playing most if not all FM's for Thief 2 and TDM,then maybe after those TDS.

I can't wait to see what adventure you've got coming up for Garrett next.I have feeling that some hints on what might next where hidden in the readable. Most noticeably the one in Monsegur's Hidden Room.
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 25th Sep 2014 at 20:18.

Since I've released this mission we've had heavy rain & floods where I live. Looks like I released the kraken.

Right now I won't be able to work on the sequel to this mission but the place mentioned in Monsegur's Notes will definitely be the subject of my next mission if I ever get to make it.

I really hope you do get a chance to make the sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    ... will definitely be the subject of my next mission if I ever get to make it.
    You will get to it. In worst case we will have to pay you for it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast