TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Endless Rain (09/08/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Now, can someone just give me a slight nudge in the direction of the easter egg I've been hearing about?
    you can get to it from the power station, you may need a speed potion to get to it

I'm still very proud to to be first person to have found it......

And i agree, an awesome mission, with so much re-playability factor, quite possibly the best mission of the year so far, well certainly my favorite
    Last edited by fortuni; 17th Oct 2014 at 02:04.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    If that was a slight nudge I'd hate to see you pack a punch
    ok, point taken, have changed it, but can you edit your post as well

No worries. I just deleted my post. Great work on finding the easter egg though!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    you can get to it from the power station, you may need a speed potion to get to it

A low-key but very nice reward.
    (btw, no potion required)

Awesome Mission!

I just finished the mission in about 2 hours on hard difficulty and I am in love with this fantastic mission
    I probably took about maybe 150 screenshots because everything was so great and inspiring that I had to go sight seeing

Great mission!...
    I want to get into the portcullis on lime street,near the beginning....there is a guard patrolling down the bottom of the slope...but cant see how to get there..I have tried from other routes,and alerted him from the weaponsmiths store room through the windows but no joy.

@JonesCrusher: From the roof garden on top of Burrows Estate (the roof garden which has a locked door when you first get there), get up on the southern wall and jump over to the next building to the south. You are now on a fairly large balcony/roof. Go south on this roof, (passing on the left side of a building with beautiful stained glass windows). Get to the southern end of the roof and look south/down. That's the courtyard the guard you mentioned patrols. To get down there, first jump down to the ledge a bit to the right and in front of you. Then it's a matter of walking ledges and jumping counterclockwise on some platforms and you eventually get to a spot above a small roof garden in the SE end of the courtyard. There is a ladder here that lets you safely get down to this garden. It's pretty straightforward from there.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th Nov 2014 at 22:01.

Wow, here's my first minute of play... knock out a few guards, get chased into river, come out at the first door I swim to. I"m in some sort of basement, I ride a long elevator up, when I'm finally at the top I stick my head out a window and I'm just blown away by what I see... I'm at the top of this huge city! What a view. Thats only the first minute! Seems like I have several hours of taffing around ahead of me!

Well I was right...what a level! Strangely found all the main objectives in the first 30 mins of play. It was like I was magically drawn to them. I then spent over two hours scouring every crook and cranny for loot...and I'm still 300 short! It's been years since I've seen a level really capture what is "TDP." That dark, gritty feel of being lost in the City, the textures, guards, sayings. I really was lost for awhile and it feel great! Actually using map and compass. [The City Tribune tomorrow morning headlines... "Rash of break-ins all over the city, local doctor straining to keep up with patients with headaches." And now a quote from the Chief of police..."Must be one of those grubbers again..."] Thanks for a truly epic level with that old feel, I found all optional stuff including that I am a true "Taffer"!

Glad you liked it, and great job finding the taffer place!

I think I am going to swim I found right place to enter the water Its where lovely place after crossing the pipe is. Like David Bowie sang: "They say JUMP" Thank You for this mission. I will write my toughs after i finish.

Wow, what a way to re-start my Thief gaming. Awesome mission. Love the atmosphere and the overall look.

Reading through the thread, I see I've missed like 30% of the mission. I'll have to go and search for all those odd spots. That said, I've got a bit of a conundrum:
    how do you get into the tomb in the sewer? The note says it's on the same grid as the city power, but how does that help? I've been to a place that I think is the power grid, which had a large coal boiler and a zombie underneath, connected by an elevator, but the lever on the boiler is not frobbable.
    NVM, found the solution in thread already.
    Last edited by Peanuckle; 9th Dec 2014 at 07:50.

I have an issue with sounds. If I use OpenAL mode whenever I start the mission, rain sounds start to crackle somehow (load short noises with pauses between them). If I use my soundcard with EAX support and normal hardware mode, I can play but there is no rain sounds altogether. Turning hardware mode altogether seem to work fine, but I can't have EAX this way (one of the main atmosphere drivers for me in this game).
    Sounds work fine in all modes if I start normal game (no FMs).

Thief Gold (GOG) clean install + TFix 1.20a.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @phobos - a few others had issues similar to yours - read through the first couple of pages of this thread. I believe skacky posted a fix on page two.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    @phobos - a few others had issues similar to yours - read through the first couple of pages of this thread. I believe skacky posted a fix on page two.
    The fix worked, thanks for the quick help!

It would be nice to have the fix included in an updated zip, or at least have it posted in the opening post.

Outstanding mission! Truly 3D level design (rooftops jumping and window climbing using ropes - my kind of thieving!), very good atmosphere (personal gratitude for Thief: DS theme in one of the balconies; rain sounds and effects on roofs are amazing!), variety. Gameplay wise it was pretty easy (though I played on Hard and didn't tried to ghost much), but in a good and consistent way. Most guards were in the target's mansion, which is logical.

All in all, 10/10 from me.

Just played this mission and WOW! Absolutely LOVED the rain in Endless Rain, id park Garret somewhere and just keep the sound running while I did tasks around the house Great game, very fun, thank you SO MUCH for this mission!!! Will play again

Finaly got around to playing this and it don't show in fmsel. I even redownloaded. All other missions show up except this one. Could it be a 1.23 issue??? Thanks for any help!

Edit: Okay I got it back. I had to delete it from fmsel records file and start fresh. I also noticed that if you mark it completed it disappears unless you click the check at the top of the screen. I post this so maybe someone else in the same boat can be help by it.
    Last edited by Stingm; 23rd Jun 2015 at 23:30.

Hello everyone!!! I have all the objectives done (plus the Keepers one) but I don't want to finish this amazing mission... how can I find the thieves den in the sewers ? and is there really a grapling hook to be found? Thank you in advance!!!

and, btw, about the easter egg you talk about...the only thing i found after the room you enter via pipe from the elevator/zombie area was a gas arrow on a small roof next to the iron fence ...not a gas mine and not any note (on hard if it makes any difference). I am at the right place or not?
    Last edited by nightchild; 14th Nov 2015 at 13:35.

Regarding your first question...

If I remember correctly, you need to go to the portcullis that led to Lloth's lair and the Keeper area. From the portcullis, go east to find a ladder leading down into a cistern. At this point, the path splits in two: one route goes to the baker's shop, and the other goes to the thieves' den.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    Regarding your first question...

If I remember correctly, you need to go to the portcullis that led to Lloth's lair and the Keeper area. From the portcullis, go east to find a ladder leading down into a cistern. At this point, the path splits in two: one route goes to the baker's shop, and the other goes to the thieves' den.
    I'll go and see.. thank you so much!! ... I probably overlooked that other way...

Regarding your second question nightchild, the easter egg is in the area you're talking about. Outside the window from the furnace room (upper floor of the roaming zombie), there's a pipe leading to an adjacent building. Search around there some. It requires some acrobatics.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Regarding your second question nightchild, the easter egg is in the area you're talking about. Outside the window from the furnace room (upper floor of the roaming zombie), there's a pipe leading to an adjacent building. Search around there some. It requires some acrobatics.
    I thought I have been to all possible spots there.... thank you, I will try again!!!

This is outstanding work!
    It is a reminder of why I fell in love with Thief in the first place.
    Thank You Skacky!!
    Last edited by fxdwg; 30th Dec 2015 at 00:31.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast