TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: TG FM: Endless Rain (09/08/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Regarding your second question nightchild, the easter egg is in the area you're talking about. Outside the window from the furnace room (upper floor of the roaming zombie), there's a pipe leading to an adjacent building. Search around there some. It requires some acrobatics.
    Well, the FM came out some there years ago, I've played it back then, and couldn't find the Easter Egg, so I have the same question. Now I'm playing it again, and I'd like to see it, but I can't find anything in the building (assuming I'm in the right one, it has a picture leaning against the wall with some loot behind it IIRC). Considering how much time has passed and that at this point all discussions of the FM are for posterity, I'm asking for a completely explicit and detailed answer, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Well, the FM came out some there years ago, I've played it back then, and couldn't find the Easter Egg, so I have the same question. Now I'm playing it again, and I'd like to see it, but I can't find anything in the building (assuming I'm in the right one, it has a picture leaning against the wall with some loot behind it IIRC). Considering how much time has passed and that at this point all discussions of the FM are for posterity, I'm asking for a completely explicit and detailed answer, please.
    Thanks Arrowgrab for bumping this thread. Endless rain is excellent. Can not think of a better Thief Gold FM.

Here's an explicit spoiler for the easter egg. Moderators please remove it, if it's not appropriate.
    I played this mission only because Arrowgrab bumped this thread/discussion.

The easter egg is located outside on top of the chimney. Stand at the window of the room you searched, face toward the metal pipe and stone gargoyles.
    Jump onto the nearest gargoyle, and then jump across to the farthest gargoyle.
    There is a metal grate at the center of the chimney.
    Aim for the metal grate (center of the chimney) and drink a speed potion and run/jump.

Outstanding fan mission. Delight to play especially with the Thief Gold HD mod.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by partol View Post
    Delight to play especially with the Thief Gold HD mod.

Outstanding fan mission. Delight to play especially with the Thief Gold HD mod.
    It's even more delightful without HD Mod

LOL I thought the same thing but didn't want to break the ice.

Endless Rain
    TFix_1.25c
    Thief Gold HD Mod.

no

Endless rain is so breathtaking as it is, as the artist intended, which is inspired by the world and grit of the original assets. I almost want to call it thief3.

See, with HDMod half the textures are new, which very often ruins their scaling and orientation, and half the textures are mission-specific, which further creates a weird mish-mash...

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Some things have proved to be a mystery:
    in the thieves' hideout, a door is slightly ajar, but can't be opened - probably a blocked off area?
    Quoting an old post from Melan.

I just want confirmation that this gate can't be opened and that the passage doesn't really lead anywhere. I tried for a long time to find a secret button in the thief's lair. Also tried to blow open the gate with a mine, which didn't work.

Thanks Arrowgrab for bumping this thread. Endless rain is excellent. Can not think of a better Thief Gold FM.
    *snip*
    Thanks!

And indeed, the mission is gorgeous.

Another thanks to Arrowgrab for the bump. I somehow missed this one and enjoyed playing it over the last couple of days. There are some “insane” jumps required. Once I learned that steep rooftops were climbable, things got a little easier, but not much. Completing the FM left me wanting more... Recommended FM.

As usual though, I seem to always do most things in reverse. On the rooftops, I found out early on I was progressing backward from the intended path. It is a good sign that the FM still allowed me to progress regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    As usual though, I seem to always do most things in reverse. On the rooftops, I found out early on I was progressing backward from the intended path. It is a good sign that the FM still allowed me to progress regardless.
    This aspect is so well developed that I didn't even think of the different possible paths to be "forward" or "backward".

Amazing mission, I can't believe this architecture is by one person. Skacky what is your day job? Triple A studios could use your big talent.

So how to play this mission as the author intended it? Install Thief Gold with TFix and load up the FM after?
    I saw this on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBpSl6dGqM4 and am very thirsty for some thievery right now.

EDIT: Ah never mind, instructions are there in post #1. Pardon me.

Wow, what a great mission. Can't believe I missed it for this long.
    Had such a wonderful time climbing and exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    And it is done. This might be my favourite in skacky's mission trilogy yet - and that's out of three fine, fine missions. I am still missing 800 loot, and to my disappointment, missed the key to the lock which promised an even deeper mystery. But I will get it next time!
    What's the third mission? (if this FM and between these dark walls are the other 2)
    Last edited by Meisterdieb; 26th Jul 2018 at 08:41. Reason: typos

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678