TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: I Like to Poke Things with Spears, from Afar.

I Like to Poke Things with Spears, from Afar.

PSN: skeleton_KING357

Cleared DS2 with my first char last night, currently knocking out the DLC packs with a new one.

Anyone who needs a non death prone summon hit me up in this thread and I will drop a sign.

My secret to not dying is carrying a polearm and stabbing things with it, a tecniqure that I copied from warriors of antiquity such as Lu Bu, Odin and Aleksandr the Great.

verbose douchebag
    This reads like the DkS equivalent of a dating site profile. Please upload you most flattering photo.

I actualy fell in love with the lance class weapons in DkS II. Poke, poke, pokepokepoke. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    This reads like the DkS equivalent of a dating site profile. Please upload you most flattering photo.

Bam

Stabbing monsters with spears is international fare.

I played through all of Demons' and Dark Souls this way. Being able to shield while attacking is a good way to avoid learning how to dodge, and it wasn't until I saw how much better than me all of my invaders were that I decided I should learn some new tactics. Spears seem to me a good beginner's strategy, but the game really became rewarding for me when I fought Artorius and learned how to roll proper.

Yeah, I was also a spears man in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but switched to swords in DS2. I've got a Lightning Spear +7 for when I need it, but it no longer feels right as my trusty Winged Spear did in Demon's Souls.

I found myself using a Halberd for at least the first half of DS1, after finding one in the entrance to the Undead Parish. While it was terrific for clearing out enemies with reach, such as the tree monsters in the Darkroot garden, I found that I didn't get the level of agility required to beat some of the more dangerous opponents. And once I learnt how to parry and dodge effectively I favoured a maxed out black sword for the rest of the game.

I very rarely used any reach weapons in DS2 though. While I used a variety of swords for most DS2 I hardly ever used parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    I played through all of Demons' and Dark Souls this way. Being able to shield while attacking is a good way to avoid learning how to dodge, and it wasn't until I saw how much better than me all of my invaders were that I decided I should learn some new tactics. Spears seem to me a good beginner's strategy, but the game really became rewarding for me when I fought Artorius and learned how to roll proper.
    Who said anything about shields?

I two hand a Stone Soldier Spear and medium roll. I use the char I posted for PvE but Ive had some mild success jabbing down people who invade my hosts. Using a shield is actually pretty meh when using the long spears, you give up too much mobility and make it easy for enemies to negate the advantages you gain.

I mostly use a long spear because I have been getting summoned by shitters tbough. I have to play cautious to keep from having to trek back to a bonfire to refill.