TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - Kingsbridge (Released 12/23/14)

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Can one do the ampuole in fireplace thing at Prisoner difficulty level (the easiest difficulty), or do I need to switch to another difficulty?
    It's only available on Freedom (expert) level. Hence the name.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    I made it at last.....You need to drop it on the left side on the doorstep this is what worked for me.
    the only thing is.....the objective still doesn`t thick off
    I too cannot get the Emery Barbour flare to work. I assume it is supposed to go outside the candlemaker's door, which is approached via a downward slope. But wherever I drop it, by the door or on that slope, it will not light.

OK found the spot. It seems it has to straddle the snow and the wooden floor just inside the front door.

This can be a bit finicky at times. But for the record, the door must be closed and the flare should just barely touch the door. That usually works in most cases.

Originally posted by Tannar

This can be a bit finicky at times. But for the record, the door must be closed and the flare should just barely touch the door. That usually works in most cases.
    That is what I've been doing and have had no problems.

Question though, when I get to the snowy canyon place where you read about what caused the plaque, I'm lit up bright. As in the brightness gem is as bright as can be and I'm fully visible, even in total darkness... is this normal for that area? When I leave the area Garrett goes back to normal...

That appears to be a bug. It wasn't like that during testing but perhaps it crept in at the last minute. I see the same thing. But it shouldn't affect gameplay in any way. The wanderers just ignore you and there aren't any other AI in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Linkz View Post
    I made it at last.....You need to drop it on the left side on the doorstep this is what worked for me.
    the only thing is.....the objective still doesn`t thick off
    Thanks for your help, finally made it but the only placement that was right for me was to leave half of the flare out of the door and half inside the shop.

@ Tannar
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting time on a corrupted file or something. Had to quit playing there and come on into work. Glad to know they won't bother me! I felt so exposed, like trying to ghost through a mission while carrying a lit flare. lol

Bravo, Eternauta! Very Thief 1: sparse, somber and uneasy. Lots of nice little touches, like the town's history of candlemaking explaining the relative lack of electricity. It really fleshes out a mission. Excellent light/shadow interplay and use of coloured lighting too. New Dark keeps looking better. Wish I could have stuck it to the Barons more than was allowed. Stealing paintings doesn't seem punishment enough.

Just a guess--that broken bottle in the Tavern was the spiked booze that landed Garrett in prison, right? The readme preamble didn't specify the means of his capture, so hopefully it was another intentional detail.

Was a bit miffed that I couldn't cure the whole town once the special antidote arrows were made. They should have still worked in the fireplaces, IMO. Loved how Garrett comes down with the plague at the end if he fails to cure either the townspeople or Wanderers--a tidy moral lesson for our Master Thief!

Congrats again!
    Last edited by Printer's Devil; 26th Dec 2014 at 01:52.

I found it once and now I cannot find it again...where is the arrow makers workshop please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    I found it once and now I cannot find it again...where is the arrow makers workshop please.
    near the beginning

Thanks guys,

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I cheated and looked in Dromed. That bug potion was up in the loft in the same building as the last ai. I never figured out why the freezing guy and the woman in the cell is frobable.
    To give them a name.

Ciao a tutti!

Ho installato di nuovo Thief2 solo per giocare questa fm! Ha l'ambiente che preferisco in Thief!
    Complimenti Eternauta!
    P.S: esiste un texture pack in HD? Ho cercato ma non so quale installare...

Hello everyone!

I installed again Thief2 just to play this fm! Has the environment that I prefer in Thief!
    Congratulations Eternauta!
    P.S: there is a texture pack in HD? I tried but I do not know which to install ...

Complimenti Eternauta!!!
    Stefano

Could someone please list locations of the bug potions. I have healed 3 and do not remember where I found them. Just need the forth one.

Very nice mission, Ethernauta!
    Good story, interesting map and layout and quite a few challenges.

I am quite close to the end with
    4 bugs removed, 5 flares placed, 100% loot and 6 secrets.
    Yet I am at a loss on how to finish the mission.
    I have one bottle of bug potion left and no clue on where to use it.
    I cured Dionysius, Antoniette, Emery and Plhilip.
    I never found a corpse in the Tavern.
    EDIT:
    found him. (omg, what a shy character)

A few irritating things:
    Unfortunately, I am not going to 'cure the plaque and leave the city' either.
    With the Amuple Arrows as the obvious solution, it never came to my mind to use the ampoules on the fireplaces, which had irritated me before already.
    One can dispose the 'Information Maps' by frobbing the fireplaces (or the tray in the Lost&Found office) with them.
    So, I thought them to be buggy.

The other thing that came to mind was to shoot the arrows at those weird green-smoking barrels that are found all over the city. Yet another red-herring`?

The fireplace in Petranilla's place was extraordinary confusing.
    Since the entire fireplace lights up, I was suspecting a secret place behind that one needs to open.
    Bare in mind: Petranilla was talking about a hint in her fathers notes, which are nowhere to be found !
    Instead the hint was in Horatio Archibald's diary in the same room !

So, my mind was running in circles for quite a while before I got back on track.

When roping up from the canal into one of the noblemens house, one can hear a mouse nearby a bucket with flies/bugs.
    Is there anything to be done there ? To remove the bugs or find a secret place? Well, I do still have one Ratman left.

Oh, and I never made it to the far south beyond the gate with the archer high above.
    Is there a way to get there?

Apart from that I had real fun playing it !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 26th Dec 2014 at 15:52.

I still cant get the last painting. I'm assuming i need to copy it?...but cant find anything to use on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    I still cant get the last painting. I'm assuming i need to copy it?...but cant find anything to use on it.
    There is not much to do about it.
    Simply grab the right painting and let it go into your inventory.
    Maybe you missed to check a wall in the same room with an identical picture???
    Don't think it is relevant, but make sure to disable the watcher/alarm first.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    There is not much to do about it.
    Simply grab the right painting and let it go into your inventory.
    Maybe you missed to check a wall in the same room with an identical picture???
    Don't think it is relevant, but make sure to disable the watcher/alarm first.
    disabled watcher but not alarm. a bell rang and guards came. got alarm off but cant take em.

I'd appreciate some specific help in finding the ring. I can't find it in the area mentioned in the notice announcing its loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    disabled watcher but not alarm. a bell rang and guards came. got alarm off but cant take em.
    EDIT: nevermind i found where the 3rd is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'd appreciate some specific help in finding the ring. I can't find it in the area mentioned in the notice announcing its loss.
    It's where one would expect it to be and where no noble snob would bother to venture.
    Under the bridge.

help on easy mode

i have completed the goals "leave a flare at the door of the infected" but it seems i haven´t been able to find all bodys with bugs/flies , any body with bugs i might be missing in the tavern or where is this body with bugs i´m missing?
    Last edited by Cardia; 27th Dec 2014 at 06:36.

I'm stuck. I created the ampoule arrows, but I'm not entirely sure where to use them. I also found a bracelet, but I don't know what it's for.

You use the arrows on the wanderers which can be found in the caves outside of town. To reach the caves, go down into the dry riverbed under the bridge. The bracelet can be turned into the lost and found shop for a reward.

Thanks!

Now I have problem: the Emery Barbour flare doesn't light up. I dropped it in front of the door like with the others, but it's not working.

For those wondering about how to use the ladder, I figured it out by accident. I frobbed with it a dozen times or so in front of the house, and eventually it flew out of my hands and got stuck in the air. I grabbed it again, frobbed, and then it just showed up against the front wall

nice mission- i'm playing on expert/Freedom and when I found the 4th information scroll there was a sound of a panel opening. Is this the only hint you will receive regarding the location of the Map? Also I seem to have "lost" one of the scrolls when I frobbed something with it (don't remember what- I think a body). Does this break the objective? Thanks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast