TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - Kingsbridge (Released 12/23/14)

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    1. The door next to Freezy John was already done when I started. There was a red flare there already. I'm playing on Prisoner difficulty.
    There are no flares already in position. You must find and place them all. So, clearly whatever flare you see near Freezy John is not the right flare, nor the right door. The door you want is the one closest to the small snow-covered stairs near him.

Oh, ok. Thanks Tannar. I'll look for that door. Was there a readable somewhere with hints to all door locations or do you just have to search around? I wouldn't have known that there are only five doors if it hadn't have been for this forum.

There isn't any text that tells you that specifically, no, but the note you find in your cell at the start of the mission tells you to search people's homes for flares. And the hope was that you would soon realize that every house that has a sick person also has a flare so that you can mark that house by leaving the flare at the door. Only houses with sick people have flares in them. So, five sick people, five flares, five doors.

Cool, thanks for your help Tannar. I'm really enjoying this mission so far. These "sick" people don't look just sick though. They look WAY dead.

I have just finished this FM on each level, extremely enjoyable even though I felt confused looking for the solution to the next objective on numerous occasions racking my brain cell (singular) into meltdown.

Eternauta: what is the function of the room with rising cell bars with levers under the alcove in Couthbart Crane's Estate (in the courtyard)? It didn't affect the security camera in the picture gallery and I didn't find anything that the alarm was switching off - maybe for use in another mission on this map? It took a few of minutes of trial and error to crack it however I didn't see any readables about the Estate either.

Two lovely missions (Keeper of Infinity from Soul Tear also) in the space of a week - spoilt doesn't adequately cover it. Well done - another wonderful FM from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
    ... what is the function of the room with rising cell bars with levers under the alcove in Couthbart Crane's Estate (in the courtyard)?
    If you had tried to steal a painting before turning that alarm switch off, the alarm would have sounded and guards would have come running.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    If you had tried to steal a painting before turning that alarm switch off, the alarm would have sounded and guards would have come running.
    Thanks Tannar; yes the bell rang again and the guards came scampering! I thought that it was strange after switching off the lever for the Watcher in Crane's office. I'll run through the last hard save prior to the last painting objective again, although it was a long way before I finished the level as it was, I managed to hide in the shadows and creep out of the bottom door to the Fountain area 'unnoticed'. I have the level notes to hand so no problem just to do it properly. The other two Painting tasks had simpler security I must have 'switched off' myself on that score. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Duffer; 14th Jan 2015 at 04:10. Reason: Add further comment

Cavador-8: If I remember correctly yes, the flare next to Freezy John indicates the house has been infected but the person inside has not been cured. You need to find a way in unless you've done it already.

crypt puzzle I have no's instead of letters

I am trying to the crypt puzzle. But I have numbers 1-6 instead of letters DROWNED. Have i missed something?

Please help

Thanks
    Last edited by nickie; 14th Jan 2015 at 09:47. Reason: spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    I am trying to the crypt puzzle. But I have numbers 1-6 instead of letters DROWNED. Have i missed something?

Please help

Thanks
    Alex
    No, you are on the right track, just for the record - that foxed me at first as well. Proceed in the most logical way with those buttons (one button is a zero is it not?).
    Last edited by Duffer; 14th Jan 2015 at 09:29. Reason: addition

No, these buttons should not show numbers. They should show letters. I don't know what would cause this but I'm sure someone will be along who does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    No, these buttons should not show numbers. They should show letters. I don't know what would cause this but I'm sure someone will be along who does.
    Thanks Tannar; the buttons had numbers through all three levels for me.I simply ran through the order from 0 to 6 and the gate opened for the ampoule (singular) which only became apparent that there were four (ampoules as referred to in the readables) as I doused them on the relevant fires in the town. I was aware of the clue left in H A's Diary, the buttons threw me for a while as I WAS as I say,expecting different labels on them.

Yeah, that's pretty strange. We never saw that during many, many long months of testing. It must be something specific to your system, such as the EP or something like that (though we tested both with and without the EP installed). Oh well, I'm glad you got it to work, at least. I'll be curious to find out what caused it, though.

Something's stirring in my memory. I'm pretty sure that or something similar happened to me in Kingsbridge or another mission I tested in the not too distant past. I'll have to see if I can find what I'm thinking of.

I did a fresh install with Tafferpatcher just before Xmas, and only have whatever EP's it came with as default; although I recall I had a in game 'crash' with The Farm I think it was, where the AI's had their arms outstretched; I just deleted my saves files and reloaded, not sure if the cause of the current anomaly was in anyway linked??

I suppose I should amend my earlier comment and say that I don't remember anyone seeing that during testing. Perhaps Nickie does.

I've just trawled through the testing forum and both Eternauta and I had that problem once about a year ago. I can't find my post at the moment but Eternauta referred to it. After reinstalling Tafferpatcher with only t2 water ticked, Eternauta found that the problem went away. I think we agreed that it was down to the EP.

Good to know that some parts of my memory haven't completely failed.

I just tested it and yep, EP's causing this problem. If you have EP installed, you can just save and close at that point, rename EP.crf to anything else (like EP.inactive), then reload the game and all the buttons will switch from numbers to letters.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Good to know that some parts of my memory haven't completely failed.
    Apparently mine has.

Thanks for checking, though, Nickie. You too, Twist.

Ditto Tannar's thanks here too Nickie and Twist. The renaming works with my saved games also. Just for the record for those like myself who do not know their way around Thief folders I found the EP.crf file in the thief2>MODS folder and renamed it there, loaded Kingsbridge and everything looks as the author originally intended now. Thanks guys.

Eternauta,

Great great mission.
    Thanks a lot!

Note to all taffers using mods:
    ep2 mod changes the letters in the church crypts into digits;
    NecroAge mod changes the banners of the three great families, so that they are no longer recognizable.
    If someone is using both mods (like me), it is best to disable them for this mission. I think this advice should be put into readme file of this mission for future generations

A recommendable mission. With great atmosphere. Snow falling silently in the quiet city with the streets lit by occasional candles and lights. Me like it

Quote Originally Posted by missybetty View Post
    ep2 mod changes the letters in the church crypts into digits
    I don't think it's as straightforward as that. I have the EP2 installed and mine are letters. After the blip in testing, I always had letters. Are you using FMSel or Darkloader or one of the others?

Hi!

I use DarkLoader. I have a Thief 2 with Tafferpatcher installed. After that, I additionally installed ep2 and NecroAge.
    After I disabled NecroAge, but kept ep2, I couldn't read letters, only digits in the crypts, which was incorrect, but I could see the banners correctly.
    After I disabled ep2, but kept NecroAge, I could see only the incorrect digits and incorrect banners.
    After I disabled both mods, I could see both banners and letters correctly.

I can't comment on the NecroAge as I don't have it installed. My flaky understanding is that FMSel which I use will prioritise which texture is loaded differently from DL. You might find that using FMSel (inbuilt loader in NewDark) would resolve the problem of not seeing the correct texture if you use these patches. But I also believe it's an intermittent problem and doesn't affect all missions. Maybe someone with proper knowledge will explain.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast