TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: T2 Fm - Kingsbridge (Released 12/23/14)

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    But I also believe it's an intermittent problem and doesn't affect all missions.
    I hope so. Will see. After all, Kingsbridge is just the second FM I have played so far.
    And here I am, judging on which mods to choose or not
    Anyway, fine mission! I have to find more like this one.

It's not working for me, since the playmodus is too "schocky". I hope you understand what I mean. Is this a matter of framerate? I hear here some times??? Is there any solution for this?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I may have discovered a bug. The first flare I dropped was on Philip Crawford's doorstep. When I collected Emery Barbour's flare, I suddenly had Crawford's flare back in my inventory. When I returned to Crawford's place, the flare had disappeared from my inventory.

I opened up the savegame in Dromed and found Crawford's flare, but it's "used" and located near the guard's door (554). I don't know how you would fix such a problem. Doesn't look like anyone else experienced it.

No idea. As far as I can recall, we never saw anything like that during many months of testing so, no clue what would cause it or how to fix it. Perhaps someone will wander by with an idea.

i went back into the game and the flare was back in my inventory. So I dropped it on the doorstep (again). Good to go!

BTW, I'm playing on Freedom/Expert, and need some clarification. The new map I have says to shoot the Ampoule arrows into the air, and there are 4 X's on the map. Then, the posts on this forum are saying to shoot them at the frobbable fireplaces. Others say to shoot them at the AI in the snowy mountain area. Can you clear this up for an old taffer so I can complete this walkthrough?

OK, first, the map doesn't say to shoot the arrows into the air. It says to release the ampoules into the air. So basically you have two choices: 1) You can use the ampoules on the arrows and then shoot the arrows at the wanderers. Or, 2) you can use the ampoules on the fireplaces (locations marked on map), thereby releasing the gas into the air. But once you've made the arrows, you can't use the ampoules on the fireplaces because they must be "used" on the fireplaces. I hope that's clear.

Got it. The option to use the ampoule on the fireplaces: One of them is on the other side of the large gate near Philip Crawford's place. Examing this gate in Dromed show a whole lot of events tied to it before it will open, one of them involving killing several AI, which I assume are the Wanderers. (I haven't compared object numbers.) But this can't be right.

What am I missing? How do I get that gate open?

None of the fireplaces are on the other side of that gate. You can only open that gate by ridding the city of the plague (i.e. using the ampoules on the fireplaces). The fireplace locations are:

1. Ladder shop (near bridge)
    2. Candlemaker's shop (upstairs)
    3. Dionysius Green's house (upstairs near Freezy John)
    4. Petranilla's house

Yeah, I was mistaken on the one in Dionysius Green's place.

I've completed every objective except

• Find and steal a painting. (I'm missing Beardsley's)
    • Posting the incriminating info on the bulletin board.

EDIT: I thought Beardsley's place was on the other side of that gate. Apparently, I've missed somewhere to go.
    EDIT: Found it. Clever boy, Eternauta.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 13th Feb 2015 at 17:55.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Thanks Eternauta, I finally got to this mission last night. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere, and plenty of "stuff" for the player to do. I thought the city layout was great, and the AI were placed really well, just enough to slow the player down, but not too much to be annoying. The snow was a bit heavy, but added an extra sense of danger (Am I seeing someone over there?) I also thought the multiple stores were great, and they gave the player lots of options and choices to consider.

I admit I was initially a bit confused and then annoyed when I realized early on that I wouldn't be able to finish the mission the way I wanted to (I frobbed a fireplace and used the arrow machine, so I couldn't cure the plague or kill all the Wanderers). I don't think most players are used to the idea of being able to actually "break" a mission like this, so they assume that no matter what action they take, there won't be negative consequences. I think the choice you have to make early on (and the consequences of it) could have been made a bit more clear. But in the end, it just gives me an excuse in a month or so to go back and replay, so no big deal. Thanks again, loved it, and I look forward to your next one.

Hi there,

finally found the time to play this FM. Wonderful, I love the cozy warm Winter setting :-)

I am stuck with the last fireplace....I can't find it!
    The hints on the map are not really useful to me.
    spoiler:

I've visited the following fireplaces:
    1. At the old womans house who researched the plague.
    2. The place where you could borrow the ladder.
    3. And I think the place where you used the ladder.

I don't seem to be able to spot the last frobbable fire place....

Regards

Chiron

Your first two locations are correct, but not the third one. Anyway, here is a list of the locations:

1. Petranilla's (woman who studied the plague)
    2. Ladder shop
    3. Candlemaker's shop
    4. Dionysius Green's (upstairs apartment near Freezy John)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Your first two locations are correct, but not the third one. Anyway, here is a list of the locations:

1. Petranilla's (woman who studied the plague)
    2. Ladder shop
    3. Candlemaker's shop
    4. Dionysius Green's (upstairs apartment near Freezy John)
    Grr...
    spoiler:
    Dionysius
    again....he already gave me biggest headache when
    I missed one victim to debug.

Thanks!

Just completed with about 100 loot short and one secret missed. I played this on and off for the past few days and was getting frustrated, thinking I had screwed up something. Expert level, so I had the "fire place" option. I had most of the day off today, so did a full restart and marathon play in a few minutes over 2 hours. I knew the map pretty well by that point.

Fun mission and a good one that I had missed in late 2014. I figure it was because my system at the time could not handle the mission. No frame rate issue today on am HP 4 core Xeon Z400 box with 6 GB of memory and a basic low end NVidia 610 2 GB Graphics card.

Enjoyed the mission. It was nice to get back to T2 style playing after a stint with TDM. Not to know TDM, it is cool in its own right.

Stunning level! The use of lighting is unparalleled!
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 19th Aug 2016 at 19:19.

just replayed this mission and wow so good,hope one day to see a part 2 to stop the person who started plague

So I freed the Wanderers with the arrows, but the objective didn't check off. Neither did the one to visit the arrow shop

ok i just replayed this mission again and wow it has 2 endings,one in my view is better then other

so great replay vaule

is there more then2 areas to turn into rats?,as i have 1 extra rat potion i was not able to use

also only found 2 of the lost and found items i am pretty sure there was a third one?

it would be cool to see a part 2 of this one day,the map was really good and story

i even found one other window where someone says something :P,besides the window where the guy chants

I have a spare rat potion too, can't find any more rats to use it on though

Not knowing which ones you've already found, it's hard to guess which you missed. There is a rat outside of town in the caves that you reach by swimming, and there is a rat behind a street level small window in a house on the way to the church, if memory serves.. Did you get both of those?

Yup got both of those, do you know if there are any more ?

I do not remember any other place where one can use a rat potion. Ricebug's Thief 2 Walkthrough (available here, 2014 edition) for this mission mentions that the player should obtain two rat potions and also mentions only the two places which you already found for using the potions. Most likely there is no other place where one can use these potions.

Outstanding mission! I replayed this mission twice because it was so fun.
    The cold,snowy weather makes the mission feel more immersive and real.
    Would love to see a part 2.

My only complaint is it that the entrance to Philip Crawford's room is not easy to find.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789