TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG FM-A Thief's New Year 2014 (Released 12/31/14)

TG FM-A Thief's New Year 2014 (Released 12/31/14)

Happy Holidays Everyone I made a really fun little (not too little ) Christmas/ New Years Themed Thief Gold FM for you all. But take note that I rushed this a lot and with that I didn't have any Beta Testing done for it. If you see any bugs or anything off then tell me because I'll be the one having to deal with it
    It's also for NewDark 1.22 so make sure that you're all up to date.

Heres the download link:
    http://www.southquarter.com/download...ewYear2014.zip

Also there's a little bonus in the expert level and it's expert only. I'll give you a hint where it is at.... under the balcony... shh don't tell anyone LOL! also if fenphoenix plays this can he do an LP of it.

Have fun

Thanks for the New Year's gift! Looking forward to playing it!

Downloading. Just returned from an invitation for New Year's Eve. Our friend ( a Belgian lady ) prepared a 3 course meal for tonight and it was delicious. Happy New Year to all, will start playing the mission in a minute.
    Thanks for this New Year's gift

I'm banned from all New Year activities per Doctors orders (nothing serious..hack..hack).
    I will happily see in the New Year in proper Thiefy style, thanks to this cool FM!
    Thank you for this SneakyG!
    Last edited by Purgator; 31st Dec 2014 at 18:55. Reason: Happy New Year!

Spot on, Chris.

Yet another treat, for a fantastic December...Happy New Year, to all...

Thank you, SG, and congrats on the release!

What a Thiefy ending to the year! And a great week or two for FMs Thanks and DLoading! Happy Taffing New Year Everyone

Sneaky what a fabulous surprise, thank you

btw why is the mission called NewYear 2014 when its now 2015....
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Dec 2014 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    also if fenphoenix plays this can he do an LP of it.
    Video should be up in the next hour or so :P

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99G-2Hjngk
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 31st Dec 2014 at 22:43. Reason: added video link

hope i don't sound too stupid, but just had to re-install Thief Gold and this mission requires Newdark 1.22 patch.....is that the same patch you use for T2 ie this one http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144235 if not could someone point me in the right direction

tanking you in advance....

No, thats strictly for T2, you need TFix for Thief 1/gold. Here a link http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733. That should get you going

of course i get black textures and cant even leave the first room,i guess since i got a copy of thief gold and not real version,i am not about to play them,last 3 thief gold mission have done this to me,but it lets me play 90% of all gold mission,just not newer ones,ohh well have fun all

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    No, thats strictly for T2, you need TFix for Thief 1/gold. Here a link http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733. That should get you going
    Thank you Dark_Garrett, guessed it was the wrong one when it dumped T2 files into my Thief Gold folder and did not work...Grrrr

Nickie....do you think you could change the wording at the top of the Fan Mission Links page as it currently says NewDark Patch for Thief and Thief 2 v1.22 which implies that this patch is for Thief (i thought that may be Thief Gold) as well as for T2....slightly confusing
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Dec 2014 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    of course i get black textures and cant even leave the first room,i guess since i got a copy of thief gold and not real version,i am not about to play them,last 3 thief gold mission have done this to me,but it lets me play 90% of all gold mission,just not newer ones,ohh well have fun all
    the last couple of Thief Gold missions have require Newdark 1.22 to be installed....are you sure you have that patch correctly installed ? if not, see DarK_Garrett's post above and DL TFix 2.0a and extract into your Thief Gold folder
    not sure what you mean by the real version.....if you have Thief Gold installed, that is the real deal as it came out after Thief 1

Just finished, Fun little mission, nice change of pace! Didn't encounter any major game crashing/ruining bugs. Lot of minor stuff though... main one was the two guards standing up asleep in the bunk beds, funny! Some others were sound stuff, some misspelled words, some keys/loot auto-searched while others didn't, so I had to carefully search people. My only complaint was getting back through the window. Took me about ten minutes, I was shooting rope arrows at the bottom window sill but you can't mantle it because the arrow doesn't stick right no matter where you aim. Finally realized the metal overhang above it has a wooden bottom! Plus you can't jump on ice, so you can't jump on the rope. Had to climb up on the chimney and jump over on it. Hope this saves someone some frustration, lol. But very nice for no Beta, reminds me of some of the first Thief Fms to come out back in the day. Liked the bonus and looking forward to your next one

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Nickie....do you think you could change the wording at the top of the Fan Mission Links page as it currently says NewDark Patch for Thief and Thief 2 v1.22 which implies that this patch is for Thief (i thought that may be Thief Gold) as well as for T2....slightly confusing
    The patch is primarily for T2, but can be used for T1/TG as well. There are instructions in the newdark/doc folder. Tfix is based upon the same New Dark patch that Tafferpatcher uses. In the end, it's really all the same game engine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    the last couple of Thief Gold missions have require Newdark 1.22 to be installed....are you sure you have that patch correctly installed ? if not, see DarK_Garrett's post above and DL TFix 2.0a and extract into your Thief Gold folder
    not sure what you mean by the real version.....if you have Thief Gold installed, that is the real deal as it came out after Thief 1

i got burned copy of thief gold,i gave my real copy to a friend many years ago,and someone from here sent me a thief gold copy,but some thief gold fan missions more recent ones don't work correct i get black textures and weapons and items don't work,and yes i got newest version of new dark,i got no idea what issue i got just sucks its happening to me

i am just going to watch fen do it on youtube and enjoy that

Congrats on the release I'm stealing the mission right now and will play it real soon

fun little mission Sneaky....200 loot short

noticed 2 of the barrels by the snowman (happy snowman) bit too close together and are merged together and the snowman sounds like wood when you hit him (unhappy snowman)

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i got burned copy of thief gold,
    you could always buy a new copy....only Ģ2.49 on Steam at the moment

Thanks for this mission !
    Perfect timing to celebrate the New Year!
    Finished on expert with 150 loot short to total.

A few bugs if you don't mind:

- Room #1 : the posts of the bedframe stick into the painting
    - Snowman : 2 barrels without physics (you can walk through it)
    Also I would have imagined to grab the coal here, either the eye of the snowman or one of his knobs.
    Instead you get it out of some strange wall safe and it looks like a rock? Crazy.
    - Benny : a large barrel without physics
    - 2 sleeping guards : knock them out once and the stand up and freeze. Knock them out again and they finally drop unconscious.
    - Warehouse/Locksmith : the area around the opening with the moveable ceiling has no texture and looks blue.
    - Mansion : there are 2 goldstacks in the fountain. First they are both invisible. As soon as you grab the first one, the second one will become visible.
    In the inventory none of them has an icon, though.
    - Courtyard key : there are 2 keys. One on a noble male and one on a female outside.
    The one on the feamle goes into the inventory as a separate item. However it is perfectly useless and does not work on the Courtyard door.

Could not figure out how to get the bonus.
    2 wooden planks and an odd black rectangular thing block the entrance.
    I don't have a sword to smash the boards anyway, even if the black thing was not there.
    Clueless.

A few corrected texts (spelling, grammar, formatting):
    http://www.gnartsch.de/Thief-FM/beta...2014-books.zip

And just to be pedantic about it, should this thread read "Thief's New Year 2015" ?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 1st Jan 2015 at 08:17.

Fun little light hearted mission! I forgot how atmospheric Thief Gold missions could be.

Highlights:

• Nobles with visibly larger purses
    • Benny celebrating new years
    • Nice preview on expert
    • When Garrett comes back to his apt, you can still hear loud partying. He must have crashed the wrong party

Thank you, SneakyGuy.

@ gnartsch I just used the trusty ol' Blackjack to bash the boards away, takes awhile though. The strange black thing has no physics to it, you can walk through it.

Finished with all the loot (this doesn't usually happen to me on the first try) A lovely mission this was and it came at the perfect time Thanks for making it and a Happy New Year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast