TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TG fm campaign: Gems of Provenance (released February 4, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    That's the one. The others should be appearing after you kill the first one. Weird you didn't find any others. Does the objective tick off?
    im going to check out again those areas. no it didnt tick off

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    I solved that puzzle, but it's pointless since the emblem there is a fake. Where can I find this secret door you talk about, and how do I find the real emblem?
    Ah, okay. That means you are a bit further on. If you are in the fake emblem chamber, examine the walls very closely. You can remove some of the bricks and unearth a secret passage.
    That might not be quite enough info. I was stuck in the same spot for a long time. Once you remove those blocks and go through that opening, you'll come to a room with a sarcophagus. What I didn't see at first is that in that room, there is another small passage. As you enter the room with the sarcophagus, the opening is in the upper, far left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    Im stuck with the 4 keys. I hit the 4 symbols but none of the keys work on the doors. There is also a double door down there by the room that locks after you read that note. I guess i need to open those 4 doors 1st. What am i missing here?
    Try looking on top of those doors. You should notice key holes there for the elemental keys.

I am in the last mission I have 3 keys I found a reference to the air key, something about using a moss arrow to break the ward placed on it and one has to wait for it to stop under the gargoyles head Where the heck is this thing? I see nothing like what is being described anywhere.

Go to the rooftops through either route, and keep following the yellow stone lines around the building. Stop at any gargoyle you see, and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Try looking on top of those doors. You should notice key holes there for the elemental keys.
    Yes i did see those. The keys do not work on them. Is there a certain order those glyphs need to be activated in?

Why are glyphs involved now? They should appear much later. Did you try matching the key colors to the locks? If you did, and it doesn't work, you have a problem on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    Yes i did see those. The keys do not work on them. Is there a certain order those glyphs need to be activated in?
    Great campaign and love to finish it but the 4 keys didn't work for me either in Mercenaries and neither did the lever in the Temple with the emblem in CWPP - I am assuming it was meant to but maybe not ? Maybe I am missing something?

I have done a complete new install from the original TG discs with TFix 1.20 but still no luck with the 4 keys or the lever . Playing through Darkloader. Can't remember if there are custom scripts needed for TG?

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    I've been everywhere already. When you go the route through the compound, is it before or after the fire spirit arena?

Ugh, so it's *in* the fire spirit arena! That's why I didn't find it, I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible :P
    I'm looking for the keep key and this "fire arena." I've been through the compound, gardens, mines, everywhere, (twice) must be missing something somewhere.

Also, in the mines, in the giant column room, is there a way to those tracks I see passing way up at the top or does that come later in the mission, or just eye candy?

That's the one. The others should be appearing after you kill the first one. Weird you didn't find any others. Does the objective tick off?
    Ive been everywhere again and i found nothing except Crayman, not sure im facing a bug, i also found keys in mid air ( at the level of the ai belt).

I assume i have the mission completed.

Classical Master 2008
    Are you sure you aren't playing a Thief Gold compatible mission with a regular Thief install? That's something which can result in missing objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Great campaign and love to finish it but the 4 keys didn't work for me either in Mercenaries and neither did the lever in the Temple with the emblem in CWPP - I am assuming it was meant to but maybe not ? Maybe I am missing something?

I have done a complete new install from the original TG discs with TFix 1.20 but still no luck with the 4 keys or the lever . Playing through Darkloader. Can't remember if there are custom scripts needed for TG?
    The lever requires the script 'miss09' from the Lost City and the keys require the script 'miss16' from Mage Towers. Both are in Thief Gold, and I don't know why they aren't working for you, but those two scripts are the cause.

Are you sure you aren't playing a Thief Gold compatible mission with a regular Thief install? That's something which can result in missing objects.
    Im playing this mission from thief gold installation.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyKitty View Post
    The lever requires the script 'miss09' from the Lost City and the keys require the script 'miss16' from Mage Towers. Both are in Thief Gold, and I don't know why they aren't working for you, but those two scripts are the cause.
    Perfect! Thank you so much StinkyKitty - that was exactly the problem. For some reason both miss09 and miss16 had not got copied over by TFix - I copied them in manually to my Thief Gold folder and both lever and keys now work!

I can now go back to finish Mercenaries !

Hurrah! I love it when stuff works out

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Glyphs:

3 - In the Keyhole in the big room with the purple Keeper windows.
    If you mean the room with all the catapults (most of which lead to death traps), it's not in a "keyhole". It's on the front of a large statue up on a ledge..

You're probably right, I was just remembering it.

I'm in the fourth mission and need a hint to the fire key.

I did find a room visible through a "Keeper lock window" opposite from the target/bullseye near the entrance that seems to have some interesting stuff, but I can't get in there. Do I need to get in there, or do something else?

Thanks, Dev_Anj, for the hint on the air key.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I'm in the fourth mission and need a hint to the fire key.
    Try checking the fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Glyphs:

1 - In the Keyhole in the first room with the catapult carpet.
    2 - Behind Mage statue above the small room with a red Keyhole and two ladders (and a catapult).
    3 - In the Keyhole in the big room with the purple Keeper windows.
    4 - Near the statue on the lower floor of the Staff room with all the flowers.
    Help - I've found 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4. I've been to the room where you read the scroll and then run out as gates close, two rooms with catapult carpets - both of which have unopenable large doors on the bottom floor, the first of which has unopenable doors on the upper floor and the second of which has unopenable doors on the upper floor except for the one that opened and sent a statue in a straight line towards you as you pass and two rooms with red keyholes - one with two ladders (which leads to Glyph 2) and one with one ladder and a pretty bridge.

How do I get to the room with purple Keeper windows and the Staff room with flowers?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. There's a corridor to the left from the statue where Glyph 2 is which I clearly forgot about.

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 13th Feb 2015 at 16:00.

I just watched Fen Phoenix's latest video, and the Infinity Crate has to be one of the best items ever. I mean, you can shoot out infinite crates at everything! What could be better than that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6EWBG6AVc

Go to 11:05 to see the Infinity Crate.

The crates are not infinite. I ran out of them while eating my soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    I'm looking for the keep key and this "fire arena." I've been through the compound, gardens, mines, everywhere, (twice) must be missing something somewhere.

Also, in the mines, in the giant column room, is there a way to those tracks I see passing way up at the top or does that come later in the mission, or just eye candy?
    Where exactly in the mines are you? In an area where there are mine cart tracks and a singular zombie lying there, and a small shack at the cave wall, there is a dark area on the opposite side of the shack. There are two ropes leading upward, you need to go there to progress. Maybe you've missed them. The fire spirit arena comes after this.

I cannot find the air key. There appear to be two gargoyles, one above the other, above the small garden courtyard area. There is a yellow square platform below the upper gargoyle, and another yellow square platform directly above the lower gargoyle. I have tried waiting on both of those squares, but nothing happens. I cannot wait on the roof below the lower gargoyle as I keep slipping off into the garden courtyard. There is a third gargoyle elsewhere with a block with a keyhole emblem on it underneath it, but nowhere obvious to wait. Some explicit help, please.

You're in the wrong place it seems. You need to head to the roof. Try going into the building, and looking for staircases that go up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast