TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TG fm campaign: Gems of Provenance (released February 4, 2015)

The air key, explicit advice. You have to make your way to the gargoyle which is not above the garden courtyard, wait on it, and when the key appears and momentarily comes to a halt, shoot it with a moss arrow to make it frobbable. Then take it quickly before it moves away again.

Now I too have the problem that none of the four keys works in the locks above the vault doors.

I think that means you need to manually copy the scripts, named something like missXX (insert numbers in XX) for the Thief: Gold missions from the TFix pack into your Thief: Gold folder. Usually, TFix is supposed to update those scripts, but sometimes it doesn't.

So, I frobbed all the glyphs in the last mission, all four of them, but I still can't access the necromancer's staff as the cage is still closed.
    I frobbed the glyph above the keyhole in the first room, the glyph behind the statue when you are catapulted in the small room, the glyph on the statue in the big room, and the glyph behind the moving statue in the flower room. Nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    I think that means you need to manually copy the scripts, named something like missXX (insert numbers in XX) for the Thief: Gold missions from the TFix pack into your Thief: Gold folder. Usually, TFix is supposed to update those scripts, but sometimes it doesn't.
    I have a TFix exe file, I can't see any way of copying selected "mis" files by running that. Nor am I sure where the Thief: Gold folder is. Can someone post complete and explicit instructions please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have a TFix exe file, I can't see any way of copying selected "mis" files by running that. Nor am I sure where the Thief: Gold folder is. Can someone post complete and explicit instructions please?
    For me, I just viewed all the "miss01.xxx" files (up to about miss23.xxx) in the original TG discs and manually copied the miss16.osm file from the original Thief Gold discs, that I could see was missing, to my Thief Gold folder eg C:\Games\Thief_Gold - and then the keys worked fine. Hopefully it may simply be the same for you - my saved games worked fine afterwards. StinkyKitty confirmed it is the miss16 script from the original TG that makes the keys work but I also had miss06.osm missing for some reason. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2278989 .

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    Where exactly in the mines are you? In an area where there are mine cart tracks and a singular zombie lying there, and a small shack at the cave wall, there is a dark area on the opposite side of the shack. There are two ropes leading upward, you need to go there to progress. Maybe you've missed them. The fire spirit arena comes after this.
    Thanks! That's got me moving again! I had been up there once and died by the run away mine cart (which I Love! cool idea) And then I totally forgot about the ropes and missed them on my second time through. Back to the mission, sounds like there's alot of good times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    For me, I just viewed all the "miss01.xxx" files (up to about miss23.xxx) in the original TG discs and manually copied the miss16.osm file from the original Thief Gold discs, that I could see was missing, to my Thief Gold folder eg C:\Games\Thief_Gold - and then the keys worked fine. Hopefully it may simply be the same for you - my saved games worked fine afterwards. StinkyKitty confirmed it is the miss16 script from the original TG that makes the keys work but I also had miss06.osm missing for some reason. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2278989 .
    I don't have a c:\Games\Thief_Gold directory, possibly because I installed the game via Tfix - I can't really remember. But I have TG on disc and copied miss16.osm into c:\Games\Thief, where no such file previously existed. And now the keys work. Thanks very much.

Mission finished i loved the bouncing planks in the keepers area i have to do a mission with that .

Many thanks for this campaign, it was enjoyable, great ideas were placed here, the areas i have explored are very interesting, the only thing i would suggest is to give be more careful with the textures choice and a little more effort on the design. Anyway this is a good production.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    So, I frobbed all the glyphs in the last mission, all four of them, but I still can't access the necromancer's staff as the cage is still closed.
    I frobbed the glyph above the keyhole in the first room, the glyph behind the statue when you are catapulted in the small room, the glyph on the statue in the big room, and the glyph behind the moving statue in the flower room. Nothing happened.
    That's really odd. Are you sure you frobbed the glyph above the keyhole? Because that's a bit of a tricky one. The cage doesn't completely open by the way, only one part of it opens, so make sure to check all the sides.

Great Set of Missions - Hours of sneaky fun

Just finished the four missions, had a great time. Each has it's own flavour, the puzzles are puzzling but not impossible, the guards are alert but not alarmed, and there's some great sneaky hiding places for loot and secrets. Thanks so much for the many hours of work building these four entertaining Thief missions, much appreciated.

Help on First Mission - Valley of the Burned

I feel like a novice, but I have been wandering around the mines forever and have no idea what to do next. I am playing on easiest level and have a golden bone in inventory. The objective to "get down to the mansion" makes me think I am close to it in the mines but not sure.

Any hint (or spoiler) would be most welcome.

Really enjoying playing a TG mission. Thank you Stinky Kitty!

Thanks
    BBB

Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    I feel like a novice, but I have been wandering around the mines forever and have no idea what to do next. I am playing on easiest level and have a golden bone in inventory. The objective to "get down to the mansion" makes me think I am close to it in the mines but not sure.

Any hint (or spoiler) would be most welcome.

Really enjoying playing a TG mission. Thank you Stinky Kitty!

Thanks
    BBB
    After you get the golden bone (which I found useless btw), you have to go up again.

Still Stuck in First Mission

DarkMax:

Thanks for the hint. I must be missing something obvious as I went all the way back to the beginning and did not see where to go next.

Any help?

Thanks
    BBB

I was stuck at the same part, have you climbed ropes leading to the upper levels of the mines? I missed the ropes on my playthrough.

If both of you already got the mask: Exit through the green door. The key is right in the wall next to it.

I was just trying to help out, I'm actually deep into the WaterWorks now, literally! These levels are huge. I love all the small details in them, like the Hammerite bashing the broken control box or the guards locked in the barracks rushing to the bathroom! Hilarious

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just finished mission 3. Fantastic. Great work, SK. There just aren't enough good Lost City missions around. And we got Hand Mages to boot, my favorite neglected faction. Really had a great time with this one. Now on to mission four...

The best part of Mission 3 was actually the museum. I mean, which other museum in Thief history has such a convincing setup, differentiation of staff and public areas, and open ended yet sensible pathing? Maybe only Broken Triad does it better, though I wouldn't know since I haven't played it.

Heart of Bohn.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Good museums in both The Hightowne Museum and Blue Star too.

I feel like an idiot, but in mission 4, how do I get out of the room with the scroll on the table and the two portcullises that close you in?

Edit: nevermind, got it. I think my recent dromeding got the better of me, I saw the one broken window created using terrain brushes, and assumed the rest were the same (i.e. not breakable objects).
    Last edited by Brethren; 22nd Feb 2015 at 13:20.

Finished mission 3 last night and loved it, but funny story, I screwed up big time! I somehow skipped through the entire museum complex and found the temple. I got the fake necklace, didn't see anything else of importance and ran back under the door. Then went back and cleared out the museum and realized my mistake! About 45 mins of sneaking down the drain. Thankful I had a hard save right when I opened the door. I guess my thought process was: It was fake, museum switched out the real one(I hadn't explored museum yet), lever to switch was somewhere else in the temple.

Also, I found the Infinity Crate in mission 3 and I just found them in mission 4, are they in mission 1 and 2?

I've played about 15 mins of mission 4, looked around the perimeter and found the infinity crate, but when I look up, it looks like a tiny UFO flying around way up in the sky! lol Guess I'll find out about that later...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post

Also, I found the Infinity Crate in mission 3 and I just found them in mission 4, are they in mission 1 and 2?
    Don't know about mission 2, but they are in mission 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6EWBG6AVc

Go to 11:05 to see the Infinity Crate.

Oh wow, I found that and dropped it, thinking it was a regular old crate, didn't even see the name. So I bet it's safe to say there's one in mission 2 somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    So I bet it's safe to say there's one in mission 2 somewhere...
    Indeed there is - it's the only infinity crate I have found!

Congrats (and thanks!) to the author for this excellent release. I knew the first two missions, have played them several times. Managed to grab all the loot this time around (nice touch with the "new" purse on the table by the main gate in mission 2).
    Am I right that the last part of mission 2 (inside the mountain) has been simplified a bit (fewer 'red herring' passages)?

Both missions 3 and 4 are great, but the part that had me really (= awestruck) was the early part of mission 4, the key hunt in the above-ground areas of the former church. I found the fire key pretty much by accident. I had dropped down the well to the basement and had trouble getting up from there undetected. I heard guards going into search mode so I retreated until they calmed down. I could not see the guards but I saw that the place I was last spotted (and where I had to pass through) was brightly lit. I doused some torches and the fireplace and then went "Ah, lookie here...".
    Last edited by jiansonz; 23rd Feb 2015 at 18:00.

Help with the last mission

Hi guys!

I have no idea how to get out of the trap room with the glyph hint scroll and I also have no idea how to get the last glyph. I went to the first room with the glyph on the giant glass stained window, the big room with the glyph on the statue, and the glyph behind the statue that you can only get to with the catapult. Where's the fourth and final one?

Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast