TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TG fm campaign: Gems of Provenance (released February 4, 2015)

Scroll room trap: the broken glass should give you an idea. Spoiler: Break the other glass and find a switch

Last glyph: Staff cage room; have a look behind the statue that comes to life shooting fire balls at you, he's guarding more then just the staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    Scroll room trap: the broken glass should give you an idea. Spoiler: Break the other glass and find a switch

Last glyph: Staff cage room; have a look behind the statue that comes to life shooting fire balls at you, he's guarding more then just the staff
    Thanks for the scroll room answer but I still can't find the last glyph room. In the glyph room that has the catapult that can launch you in front of the statue that shoots you there is a catapult that can launch you into a room with orange tile. Unfortunately this room has an invisible wall in front of it. Does anyone have any idea what I should do here?

Try checking the bottom right catapult in that room. It should throw you into a room with you breaking the glass with your speed. Or is the glass not breaking?
    Last edited by Dev_Anj; 3rd Mar 2015 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by garrut View Post
    there is a catapult that can launch you into a room with orange tile. Unfortunately this room has an invisible wall in front of it.
    I had the same problem, but it was just a small delay in the glass breaking. I was catapulted against the glass, the glass broke, kept pressing walk/run toward the room, after a few seconds the "invisible wall" drops and I could walk in. You're on the right path though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Try checking the bottom right catapult in that room. It should throw you into a room with you breaking the glass with your speed. Or is the glass not breaking?
    I got catapulted against the glass and had to break it with my sword. Unfortunately I still couldn't get through because of the invisible wall.

I beat the FM! :D

After some effort, I was finally able to get through the invisible wall and get the staff. Overall I thought that this was a good campaign. Thank you for making it. I'm looking forward to your next one!

Stinky Kitty:

This campaign was fantastic. I LOVED it all. Great game play, very interesting architecture, and terrific ideas. One of the best I have played (I am bias toward TDP/TG). I remember playing at least one of the missions before but the last mission was so engaging and so well done.

Thank you for a really fun mission.

BBB

ps: Please make more missions. I would be excited to play any mission you authored.

4 excellent missions. Ghosting was tough, but very satisfying. Waiting for the next ones.

Thank You

Thank you to everyone for playing my campaign and thank you for the compliments! Glad I could create something others can enjoy. There will be three more missions to wrap up Gems of Provenance, but it will be a while before they are finished. Hopefully within a year's time.

A special thank you to FenPhoenix for his entertaining play-through. It was enjoyable to watch.

Once again, a big thank-you to all of you. You are all wonderful people

-StinkyKitty

Stuck in mission 4

I'm currently playing the 4th mission, called "Mercenaries". I've got all 4 elemental keys, but they don't seem to work. None of the keys can operate the locks above the doors in the circular room. (The keys don't "attach" to the locks, like they used to in original game.) Am I missing something here?

Any hint how to proceed will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    I'm currently playing the 4th mission, called "Mercenaries". I've got all 4 elemental keys, but they don't seem to work. None of the keys can operate the locks above the doors in the circular room. (The keys don't "attach" to the locks, like they used to in original game.) Am I missing something here?

Any hint how to proceed will be appreciated!
    I had a similar problem with the keys (none worked) - you may need to check you have the a file miss16.osm in your Thief Gold folder. StinkyKitty confirmed this was the script that makes the keys work - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2278989. When I copied the file from my original ThiefGold CD to my Thief Gold folder it all worked OK.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I had a similar problem with the keys (none worked) - you may need to check you have the a file miss16.osm in your Thief Gold folder. StinkyKitty confirmed this was the script that makes the keys work - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2278989. When I copied the file from my original ThiefGold CD to my Thief Gold folder it all worked OK.
    Thanks Sagittal! Indeed I don't have file miss16.osm in my Thief folder. And I got another two problems. Problem No. 1: I only got Thief the Dark Project, not Thief Gold installed on my computer. Problem No. 2: even this installation is from GOG, meaning I don't have a physical copy of a CD of any Thief game series (sigh!). So, how can I get that missing file?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    Thanks Sagittal! Indeed I don't have file miss16.osm in my Thief folder. And I got another two problems. Problem No. 1: I only got Thief the Dark Project, not Thief Gold installed on my computer. Problem No. 2: even this installation is from GOG, meaning I don't have a physical copy of a CD of any Thief game series (sigh!). So, how can I get that missing file?
    ...mmm I am not knowledgeable enough to know if it is the same miss16.osm for Thief TDP I am afraid - perhaps someone with Thief TDP can confirm if their folder has a miss16.osm file?

I may be can post a link to the Thief Gold file version one if you like but I wouldn't know or predict what the results might be if you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    ...mmm I am not knowledgeable enough to know if it is the same miss16.osm for Thief TDP I am afraid - perhaps someone with Thief TDP can confirm if their folder has a miss16.osm file?

I may be can post a link to the Thief Gold file version one if you like but I wouldn't know or predict what the results might be if you tried it?
    Like me old teacher used to say: "How can we know the effects of something, if we don't try it?" Besides, what can go wrong if I try the miss16.osm file from TG on TDP installation? Worst case scenario: I have to reinstall the complete game, which is in my opinion no big deal, since it only takes a couple of minutes to perform that task. The savegames of the original game and those of FMs I can move from installation's folder to another one. So in my opinion there's no big risk that things would go completely awry.

Hope it works.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 10th May 2015 at 06:27. Reason: correction

Not able to work it

Hello, Darkloader V4.3 keeps saying its a Thief 2 mission and will not install in Thief Gold. How to fix/install properly.

Go to your Darkloader folder, and set the mission entry value for type in the .ini file there to 1. That should make it recognize it as a Thief: Gold mission. Remember that this frequently happens for Thief: Gold missions made in New Dark, so you might have to do this later for other missions.

Also, here is another link for y'all.

http://www.taffersparadise.net/thief...Provenance.zip

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyKitty View Post
    The lever requires the script 'miss09' from the Lost City and the keys require the script 'miss16' from Mage Towers. Both are in Thief Gold, and I don't know why they aren't working for you, but those two scripts are the cause.
    Well, that's the end for me, i will not be able to finish this campaign, i don't have miss16.osm, i've got only Thief patched to Thief Gold without extra missions files.
    And i'm sure nobody will send me miss16.osm because of copyright crap... Sad World...
    edit : Thanks Sagittal, i didn't see your post, you're my hero \o/

Anyway, congrats for your work StinkyKitty, it's been a long time since i've played fm that give me the impression of playing the original game. Your fantastic campaign could easily be named Thief Gold Plus !
    Last edited by Apiai; 10th May 2015 at 03:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    Well, that's the end for me, i will not be able to finish this campaign, i don't have miss16.osm, i've got only Thief patched to Thief Gold without extra missions files.
    How do you patch it to Thief Gold without the mission files? Thief Gold is Thief 1 with some minor mission changes and three extra missions.

I think you should try buying Thief: Gold from GOG or Steam if you want to play future Thief: Gold missions without hassles, as its likely that anyone making FMs for Thief: Gold would use New Dark and some features from the three missions. Of course, it's upto you to spend the money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    How do you patch it to Thief Gold without the mission files?
    I used tgpatch_basic.exe, It contains only extra textures, objects, motions and mesh to be able to play TG FMs with DP1.
    If you know a patch that contains mission files, i'm interested.

Just got around to play the extended version.
    Thanks for this very fine mission, StinkyKitty !

From the story I get there should be yet another one or two missions to be expected for the remaining artifacts to be retrieved.
    Are you working on the sequels already?

A few issues I noticed:
    There are two quivers in mission 4 and yet another in mission 1 or 2 where you can fetch a couple of arrows.
    They appear white for me, without any recognizable texture.
    I see that no custom resources are included in the zip. I guess you assume people have some enhancement pack installed?
    You might want to add those to the campaign at some point.

A few truncated readables.
    CPWWDorcas.str from mission 3 being the worst.
    The 'tab' at the beginning of the first line truncates the line and Dorcas signature is missing as well.

Reporting in

I do plan on building the last few levels of the Provenance campaign, but that won't start until November when hell starts to freeze over here in Minnesota. Chances are they will be finished in time for Spring 2016. Be patient until then!

In the meantime, please enjoy this image:

jpg images

More StinkyKitty missions, yay! No rush, take your time.

Classical Master 2008
    It is great to hear you are working on something. Fight on!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast