TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: TG fm campaign: Gems of Provenance (released February 4, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    More StinkyKitty missions, yay!
    +1

No rush, take your time.

Had to change my shorts after
    spoiler:
    the statue moved in the crypt. I actually missed the first one moving. I was freaked out about the statue blocking the door and tried to go around the edge over the tombs. Then he moved!!! Totally took me by surprise!

Have to say this I'm really enjoying this mission pack - it's very well designed and feels very old school Thief!

One question:

spoiler:
    Is there only the one gem of provenance in the Valley of the Burned? And is there anyway to get to the ware in the ceiling by the gem? Using crates perhaps? Is that area a dead end? (By the wolf howl sounds)
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 18th Sep 2015 at 22:33.

I'm seemingly stuck. I got keep key and opened it, and it's a dead end for me. The top of the keep is just a light switch a skeleton and booby traps. I have no idea what going in there serves. I can't find a way into garden area.
    Any help would be great, awesome game play so far!

Classical Master 2008
    Once your other objectives have been completed, you should climb into the corner of the top room with a metal grate below you. This should end the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Once your other objectives have been completed, you should climb into the corner of the top room with a metal grate below you. This should end the mission.
    Oh I guess I came too early. I still need to get into mansion and get mask. I have no idea where. I have been through out the mines and connected factory vigorously. As well as central giant tree place with human guards. I still have large explosives, was I supposed to use it somewhere?

Classical Master 2008
    I think the mask is inside the crypts somewhere, so don't go looking for a mansion (you'll get there in mission 2). If you have not been to the crypts yet, the key is in the central courtyard - there is a wooden bridge between the gatehouse and the little church-like building; you have to climb up and enter some derelict rooms, and the key will be in one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    derelict rooms, and the key will be in one of these.
    Uh oh, I have been in those places thoroughly. I will have another look. Thanks Melan!

You can't get to the top of the tower where all the traps are until you have been through the mines and the tombs and collected the correct key....I remember jumping down into the hole at the end of this mission seemed a bit buggy in Widow's Ire, but when I played Gems recently it seemed fine for me....

Have you completed all your other objectives and collected enough loot ? If so you may have encountered a unknown bug....if you want I should have a save available for the start of the next mission if you need, just let me know

Classical Master 2008
    Okay, I checked it and I remembered things slightly wrong. If you have been to the mines, you should remember a huge hall with mine tracks at different levels. You need to get to the top of this hall (look for a set of double tracks and a side passage with ropes leading up). This will get you to an arena. Continue the mission from here as you pass through different areas. The mask will be at the end of this route, right before you are back to the surface.

Yes, and in the circular room with several shelves with sarcophagi, some ladders and zombies, there is another way out that's easy to miss.

jiansonz

Thank you jiansonz, I did miss it, on to mis two!

Having a wonderful time playing these excellent TG FMs - thank you for the fun missions StinkyKitty.

Now playing the 4th mission "Mercenaries" and hit the problem where the 4 keys don't work. I am playing via Thief1 with TFix 1.23c applied so I can play TG FMs.

This thread http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2278989 advises that you need miss16.osm for the keys to work and I don't have that file in my Thief 1 directory.

To fix this I downloaded the latest TFix patch (1.25c) (see here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733 ). I opened TFix125c using 7-Zip and found the file miss16.osm which I copied to my Thief 1 directory. Yippee - keys are now working!

Thanks to all the previous posts that helped me work out what I needed to fix. Hopefully this summary might help anyone else who hits this issue with the keys not working.

Onwards to complete the "Mercenaries" mission and finish this great 4-miss pack.

I had these missions on my to-do list for a while but finally got around to playing them. They were excellent! I really liked how all the missions had instances of weird and creative architecture. Even the buildings had fun twisty layouts that were far from typical floorplans. Of course the lighting and guard placement and loot were well done too, but it's the "unusual" areas that I will remember most about these missions.

Don't know why I waited so long before playing CPWW and Mercenaries, but these missions are great!

Thank you, StinkyKitty! Looking forward to playing the conclusion to this campaign!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567