TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word Challenge Contest Mission: Saving Caroline by Pony

DromEd Archmage

Word Challenge Contest Mission: Saving Caroline by Pony

Hello everybody,

As it was decided on the main thread, from this night to the 28th March (The final deadline) all submitted mission will be published and playable!

The first submitted mission is Saving Caroline by our Anonymous Contestant, Pony!

Because it will be important to rate mission according to the way to use the words and respect their restriction, let's remember this contestant words:

Theme : Painting
    The Main Goal : Pagan
    Related to the main plot : Child
    Must be present : Statue
    Forbidden in the mission : Lt.Mosley

Mission Briefing:

A woman contacted me through Basso about her little girl missing. She says she knows Mr. Nooby, the
    curator of the National Hatterson Museum, is the one responsible. It looks like a quick and painless job. Here's hoping they have benefits.

Southquarter
    Mirror

Enjoy it!!

downloading now,i am going to start asap on the 2 missions released so far

ok completed mission,very nice i was about 100 loot short
    Last edited by downwinder; 5th Mar 2015 at 18:43.

well I have not got a clue as to who authored this one, but i am guessing someone who is relatively new to Dromed as the mission finished 3 times before i had actually finished all my objectives and the textures in the pagan area were both harsh on my eyes and a bit simplistic in build (even though i understand they were intended that it was designed by a child)

having said that i think the museum was brilliantly done, a well proportioned grand building that was the very opposite of the later half of the mission, maybe the author spent too much time on the mansion and had to rush the second half, but thats a trap that anyone can fall into when under time pressure, experienced or not

The plot worked well and fitted into the word challenge with the given words and some of the loot was quite well hidden, so my overall impression

Great effort 7.5/10
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th Mar 2015 at 03:18.

DromEd Archmage
    I want to add that this author is the LONELY ONE who have finished his mission brefore the 28th Febrary, the original deadline!
    That's why I want people to keep this in mind while playing and specific congrats! ^^

Nice mission, i like the idea of the artistic expression coming from Caroline´s mind, reminds me Wolfgang Voigt art:

http://www.wolfgang-voigt.com/en/gallery

I love mainly his music which would have fallen well with this mission:

http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/protest_versammlung_1

Thank you for this mission

I also love the textures in the Pagan area. That is my favorite part so far. I think they are brilliantly done.

Vote?

I thought this was really well done! It reminded me of the Constantine mansion with weird colors and textures!
    P.S.
    Where are we supposed to vote for these missions?

We're not at the voting stage yet. We'll be setting up a voting site and will post a voting thread with instructions and links. For the moment, just play them as they come out and maybe make a note of your comments and votes as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    as the mission finished 3 times before i had actually finished all my objectives
    Could you let me have some details to pass on? I didn't play the release version but I know it was tested and there were no problems with the mission ending too soon.

Once when I picked up the mother, once when I was exploring around the area before going into the hut with the mother and finally when I was heading back past where the apebeasts were on my return to the starting point
    Last edited by fortuni; 7th Mar 2015 at 07:33.

OK thanks.

Well, it took me less than 10 minutes to complete the mission but I had fun. I loved the creativity and would very much like to see more of that kind of thing. I think this mission could easily be expanded into a much larger mission with more fun, creative areas to explore. Anyway, good job and thanks for the mission. Good luck in the contest.

Finished and it was pretty good I liked the idea of the pagan world Also got all the loot and that rarely happens to me on the first try On to the next one now.
    Last edited by InfinituS; 8th Mar 2015 at 11:15.

I've run into a bug. In the pagan area, where the mother is found dead I left the girl near the bridge. When I summon here again, she just runs around to the trees, jumps in the water, and dies. I have tried blocking her way to try to get the to go over the bridge, but no luck. I guess I have to just start again from an earlier save. Playing on expert.

Edit: I went back a bit and just left the girl standing. The objectives stayed met and the game completed after the last one was done. Every time I try to have her follow me, she jumps into the stream and dies. She will not cross the bridge. Oh well.

I did not get all the loot, but accomplished all objectives on expert.
    Last edited by bjack; 10th Mar 2015 at 18:54.

yes...same thing happens to me with the girl....she just runs to a corner and gets trapped or runs to the stream and falls in and dies...she wont follow to the house where her mother is.....other than that it felt a refreshing game,....well done!

Maybe she just doesn't like you. Or maybe I just had better candy.

Just kidding. I didn't have any trouble with her. That's strange that she would work fine for me and not for either of you.

no she doesn't like me.....( so I clubbed her a few times in frustration)

now I will set the guards on her

Is this mission anywhere? OneDrive says it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Thank you so much Tanner! This was a lot of fun and I was able to get on top of the maze too

Very enjoyable little mission with nice variety of settings.
    The girl got stuck in the tunnel at the end, but the objective still ticked.

OTHER MIRROR THAN DROP BOX PLEASE??
    I DON'T WANT TO SIGN IN THAT..

O.K. I GOT IT..!!

I'm glad you got it, but for the record, you don't need to "sign in" to Dropbox to download something. Also, why are you yelling?

Actually, I had to make a dropbox account in order to access some dropbox fm files, so it's very possible that he/she needed to sign up as well. I don't see why it was required, but it was. I was not happy with having to do it, either, because then I had this annoying startup dropbox thing. I ended up uninstalling the whole thing and won't deal with dropbox stuff for that very reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast