TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Object Repository

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I think yours looks fine. There's only so much detail you can put into a tiny icon anyway.

I'm tagged as co-author on the glyphs pack, but they are only by Larry so I should be removed. Also, I'll upload my own objects there soon.

Larry's readme says they were based on your work from What Lies Below, but I can make you a non person if that's what you want.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Well, I didn't make the glyphs in WLB, they are Vigil's. So if he included those among the others he made, then Vigil should be tagged as a co-author if anyone.

I'll just leave Larry as the sole author since he did almost all of it.

Anyone know a Trina Mathews? This is an accound waiting for verifaction but I don't recognize the name.

^ I'll take that as a no.

I've renamed the Artists category to _Artists which puts it at the bottom of the list. It's certainly a worthwhile category but the list is getting long but most people are more interested in types of object than any type of object made by a certain person.

No for me anyhow.

And good choice for relocating the Artists. Attribution is important, but most important to authors is finding what you are looking for. Well done.

Please add the Remains tag to the Skeletons pack. There are lots of bones in that pack too.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I went ahead and registered so I can upload my objects. The place is looking really nice, btw. It should become a primary go-to site for finding objects.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    ^ I'll take that as a no.

I've renamed the Artists category to _Artists which puts it at the bottom of the list. It's certainly a worthwhile category but the list is getting long but most people are more interested in types of object than any type of object made by a certain person.
    Good idea.

200 +

We now have over 200 objects and growing on the site, special thanks to R Soul and LarryG for all your contributions so far.
    Stop by if you haven't yet.

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/

I like this page. Sluggs has made so many objects. Maybe one can host it over there.

Whoa so many awesome objects I didn't even know the existence of

How about extending it with meshes and textures ? Also I think the objects from Cosas III are free to use

It already has some meshes. Textures would be a different page, but worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Also I think the objects from Cosas III are free to use
    Can confirm: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=COSAS

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    Use of the content of CoSaS: The Nine Year Sleep (brushwork, objects, textures, etc.) is permitted, with acknowledgment of the source.
    Hey, and maybe if theImmortalThief was handed over ownership of all COSAS objects, we could get him to release objects from Mission X and Gathering at the Inn too, if we can still contact him?

Also, Nicked Dablin's stuff should be put up too: https://nickdablin.wordpress.com/thief-models/

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Digi released most of the MissX object assets in discrete packs. There are a couple dozen threads for those if you search for them.

Why search when you can bookmark? CoSaS Release Pack Index

Are download stats collected and shown for the objects? I don't see a place for them ...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Are download stats collected and shown for the objects? I don't see a place for them ...
    Not sure there maybe a word press plugin we can get.

You can feel free to add any of my objects, available here.
    They already have preview images there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    You can feel free to add any of my objects, available here.
    They already have preview images there.
    Thanks Nameless Voice

I've increased the number of posts per page. While it's not as good as PinkDot's thumbnail grid suggestion, all objects for a given category will at least be on one page now. I recently did a basic PHP tutorial. I already know about classes, arrays, loops etc but the syntax is slightly different for each language. I've also been practicing running MySQL statements but, well let's just say it's been years since I've used MySQL.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I've increased the number of posts per page. While it's not as good as PinkDot's thumbnail grid suggestion, all objects for a given category will at least be on one page now. I recently did a basic PHP tutorial. I already know about classes, arrays, loops etc but the syntax is slightly different for each language. I've also been practicing running MySQL statements but, well let's just say it's been years since I've used MySQL.
    The grid thing would have to manually be done on pages and that would take a lot of time for someone. Getting straight up PHP working with WordPress has proved difficult. I have only successfully done code snippets that run like a function you call. I have not been able to run a full .php page of code yet.

Over 300 objects now, thanks to all the authors and contributors. A lot still to upload.

Good job!
    I'll get mine uploaded too, at some stage. Just need a bit of spare time.

New accounts require manual activation, so it would be wise to PM me or Vincent on here. Until just now it had been a while since I checked pending accounts. I've been taking a break while I work on my FM.

We do look forward to your objects being added PinkDot.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Indeed! Also, I think it would be awesome for someone to screenshot and upload some or all of Saturnine's fantastic objects from Rose Cottage. I will be happy to take it on at some point, but it may be a month or two before I would be able to devote the probably several days' work to it, so if someone else wants to do so in the meantime, go for it.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast