TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Object Repository

I can restore the posts, Pedro, if you wish. I think it would be better.

Sorry, it just looked confusing with the missing posts.

ohhh, im glad you people are not reacting to bad about my atempt to hide my mistakes. since a long time that now i care alot to mention in the credit list every single author for every object i use, now in order not to forget to name the authors everytime i use a object i writte in the readme file credist list for example - objects : yandros, Rsoul, Gort, Larry G, christine schneider, Nicked ...etc

am i doing well the credit ist? Should i name every single object in the credit list with the authors name in the front.

mike you can bring back the posts i deleted, i didnt know that was possible.

I restored the posts, Pedro.

I'm no expert, but I think the way you're doing the credits for the objects is fine. I don't see the need to list every single object and it's creator. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it that way, unless they only used one or two borrowed objects in their mission.

I just credit all the creators, but don't list the objects. Too much paperwork. I do that at work. I don't see a need to do it in my hobby.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Same here for the most part. I used to on earlier missions, but I was only using a handful of custom objects back then.

I kept a very detailed list for Stones and Glass Houses but the only way I could maintain sanity was to update it each time I added an object. Some of us put our initials (username or real name) in the object's filename so people can say 'all objects with ... in the name belong to ..."

Thank you Gentleman, good thing i can create the credit list without naming every single object, if i add only a handful objects in a mission it won´t be problem for me to name every single object and its creator.

The website is offline, am I the only one?!

Also, did Ottoj55 ever responded? I'm dire need of Nielsen74's objects

Not working for me either.

Not just you.

You can test this for yourself at http://www.isup.me/

I hope it's back up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    I'm dire need of Nielsen74's objects
    I don't know which ones you need, but you can download a lot of them here.

Oh nice! Once the site is back I'm gonna upload them too

Anyway, are Rose Cottage's objects allowed too ? I was under the impression it was forbidden since nobody used them

As far as I know it's not forbidden. Yandros and I are using quite a lot of them in our new mission.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I think I know Saturnine well enough to know that he never said that RC assets were off limits (I was one of the people who helped him get it finished). I think the reason they are rarely used is that stylistically, they are strongly late Victorian or early modern and so don't fit the standard Thief aesthetic for most fan missions.

I didn't know that using Rose Cottage's objects was permitted. If that is the case, it will certainly help fan mission authors in the rare times they would need late Victorian/early modern assets for their missions.

The site is back up , I got a new card and forgot to up date the site payment..opps. Should be all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    The site is back up , I got a new card and forgot to up date the site payment..opps. Should be all good now.
    Thank you for your support Vincentlancon

the Corn object by Christine seems to be incomplete, the pack brings only textures and there´s no object file. Anyone knows where to get the complete pack of the corn object?

Who is the author of these objects:

http://dark-zone.npage.de/index.html

One the welcome page it says Master_edd, who's probably on TTLG.de. When I list credits I provide a name (or username) and a website link if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    One the welcome page it says Master_edd, who's probably on TTLG.de. When I list credits I provide a name (or username) and a website link if there is one.
    Thank you R Soul.

Yes, those are Master_edd's objects. We're using some of them in our mission as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    the Corn object by Christine seems to be incomplete, the pack brings only textures and there´s no object file. Anyone knows where to get the complete pack of the corn object?
    I don't know if it's the same, but fibanocci has a corn model in his mission The Farm. I checked and the .bin file is there.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Corn models can be downloaded here
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2266298
    But it's not Christines model but Renzaric's

Thank you Mike and Unna Oertdottir, i talked to Christine, she told me where i could find the file, its included with system Schock 2, i´m already using it

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast