TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne [SPOILERS]

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok, SA's Bloodborne Patch Notes are pretty good.

Removed the fully voiced explanations of the game's most obscure mechanics. Replaced them with distant laughter.

verbose douchebag
    Pressing forward now moves your character forward, rather than filling an inscrutable Forward meter

Just defeated Rom, the vacuous spider. Definitely one of the harder bosses so far but not that hard once I got the hang of it.

spoiler:
    As with the Phalanx' hoplites in Demon's Souls the small spiders' weakness is definitely their back. I found the best method to take them out was to just roll behind them and slaughter them using my extended hunter axe+6. For the main boss I used my alternate weapon, a tonitrus+7, as I found it was able to deal much more damage in a short amount of time than the hunter axe.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I beat him as well, solo. Used the tonitrus too, and ignored the small spiders, just ran in and kept hitting the big guy.

The area that comes after isn't any fun though. Just lots and lots of constantly respawning enemies.

I just did my first chalice dungeon. I defeated all three bosses without any problems and without dying once so I guess I must have been ridiculously overleveled for the place.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Could be. The chalice dungeon bosses are a bit on the easy side though, at least those in the first dungeon.

Anyway, I gotta take a break. Had my fill of Bloodborne for now. Don't take that as a judgement of the game though. Except for Demon's I haven't managed to complete any of the Souls games without taking a break from them.

As for an actual judgement, or Wot I Think of the game, I struggle to come up with anything more substantive than "it's a Souls game. If you like Souls games, you'll like this." What else is there to say at this point, really? vv

At my 2nd chalice dungeon now. First two bosses were pretty piece of cake but the third one which I'm currently at (Pthumerian Descendant) has already produced my first four deaths in a chalice dungeon. The best I've done so far is get him down to about 50% health which is where he goes into a 2nd phase where he is even quicker and more annoying than in the 1st one.

Also while I'm not getting that much in the way of blood echoes I have found some quite nice blood gems in the chalice dungeons.

Edit: Beat the Pthumerian Descendant on my 8th try yesterday. Got very close a couple of tries before that but managed to die before getting the last hit in.
    Last edited by salass00; 14th Apr 2015 at 06:27.

Just managed to get Martyr Logarius down to about 1% health before dying. Maybe next time I will beat him. For now I need to farm some blood vials as I'm nearly out of them again.

Edit: Took two more tries but now he's dead. At level 66 (got enough souls from Logarius to level up once) right now with my hunter axe upgraded to +8.
    Last edited by salass00; 14th Apr 2015 at 12:08.

I'm at the Lower Pthumeru dungeon layer 3 now and the enemies and bosses are a lot harder than in the previous three chalice dungeons. Some enemies that I could kill in one hit before now require up to three hits now and also the last boss I fought and defeated (Undead Giant) was able to one shot me from full health.

Alright, I succumbed and bought this last week, despite knowing that I will have little time to play it for a while. While I havenít had a chance to get very far yet as my sessions have been little over 15 minutes in length, Iím unable to get online for some reason. Itís not a problem with my Internet connection or the PS4 network (I tested another online game at the time) but I keep getting an error that it is unable to connect to Bloodborneís servers, or words to that effect.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I had that at the start as well. Might be that it's still downloading, as games bought in PS4 Store often are a bit unclear on that. Usually you can play the prologue, or an early portion of the game without the whole thing having fully downloaded and installed yet.

Just defeated Darkbeast Paarl and the One Reborn.

Also defeated Rom again in the lower Pthumeru chalice dungeon. Despite the rather more cramped arena he was actually somewhat more easy to defeat this time as there were pillars that could be used to hide behind to avoid his annoying ranged spells.

El Shagmeister

Bitchslapped Vicar Amelia's ass on my 2nd atempt, solo!

w00t w00t!

I should finally check out Amelia, since I'm almost at level 40 and have done the Cathedral Ward backwards and forwards several times. (Talking of which: can anyone tell me what that abandoned church or cathedral is that's down the hill, after those big, fat cleaver guys, with the big basin in the middle and a locked door in the back? And can I already do anything there?) Just two more level-ups so I can wield that bigass sword I bought yesterday without checking the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Talking of which: can anyone tell me what that abandoned church or cathedral is that's down the hill, after those big, fat cleaver guys, with the big basin in the middle and a locked door in the back? And can I already do anything there?
    Keep talking to the people behind windows and doors and you will eventually get something useful for that area. You have to kill Amelia first though at least, not sure if there are any other requirements.

I just defeated the bloodletting beast and finished the lower Pthumeru chalice dungeon. It took about 20 tries but he's finally dead.

Now I just need to get my hands on a couple of bastards of Loran (?) or two more inflicted organs before I can continue my chalice dungeon adventures.

El Shagmeister

After a few attemps for each (2-3 times at most) I managed to defeat Darkbeast Paarl & the One Reborn.

Today was a good day.

... and the patch has hit, decreasing load times especially after death. Haven't checked it out yet, but in general people seem to be fairly happy with it.

I just had a very interesting and creepy boss fight in the nightmare area. The guy kept running away from me and I had to chase him and the place was like a really huge maze. While my first attempt didn't end so well I did get a key out of it which I'm pretty much 99.9% sure I know where it goes.

Edit: Just went back to recover my ~20k blood echoes and defeated Micolash host of the nightmare on my second try. Thanks to blood stone chunks found during the fight my hunter's torch is now upgraded to +8.
    Last edited by salass00; 24th Apr 2015 at 04:18.

Just defeated Mergo's wet nurse on my first attempt. A pretty scary boss fight even if not that hard. I was sure I was going to die when the boss split into two and started teleporting around the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    While my first attempt didn't end so well I did get a key out of it which I'm pretty much 99.9% sure I know where it goes.
    FWIW my guess turned out to be completely wrong. If I had read the key's description more carefully I wouldn't have jumped to the wrong conclusion as I did . I've yet to find where it goes but I will keep looking...

El Shagmeister

Amygala's toast, and on my 1st try too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Amygala's toast, and on my 1st try too.
    I just defeated this boss on my first attempt as well.

Those enemies that do frenzy are really scary as the frenzy takes away almost all of my health in one go when the meter fills up and it fills up fast. I've tried drinking sedatives before it fills up but the drinking animation for them is so slow that it's usually too late and is wasted.

El Shagmeister

Ugh, fuck frenzy. At least bleeding was not auto-filling. The enemy -had- to keep hitting you to earn it.

On a happier note, I have defeated ALL bosses (optional and obligatory) in the main campaign and I am now face to face with Gehrman.

It is poetic (albeit a tiny bit sad) that I cannot summon for this fight and must do it solo.

After that, all that is left is to defeat the Moon Pressence and I am -done-.

I skipped the chalice dungeons on this first go, will try'em at my second adventure.

By the way, your general thoughts on the boss fights? Hardest? Easiest? Favorite?

I be curious

El Shagmeister

It is done.

Gehrman and the Moon Presence are dead.

The hunt is finally over.

For now...