TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex (4): Mankind Divided

Bugs me how Jensen tells Miller he 'just has a hunch' about Marchenko and doesn't have any evidence. Moron, you read like 5 emails about how he disagreed with rucker and wants to get violent - on multiple computers nonetheless, including Marchenko's own! And you kept them in your datastore!

I turned off quest markers and radar in ARC territory and it instantly became much more fun. Got back to the city and realized that wasn't going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I can beat that. I'm 31h in (Steam time) and I haven't yet gotten that quest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    14 hours and I just got to TF92's HQ. I ain't got no time for your story when there's shit to hack, walls to punch, vents to explore, and jumps to be made.
    You know, so far my favourite thing about this game is just being in the gameworld, exploring, discovering secrets and sidequests. I'm actually not even that interested in pushing the story forward and it's nice to see I'm not the only one in that regard.

DX is just the right amount of openess for me. It's open enough to feel believable and alive but not completely open world so it avoids repetition and doesn't feel shallow.

I'm loving the hell out of the game, and tbh I wasn't so sure about it for the first few hours. The way it opens is kind of a drag; it's a mission that would be fun mid-game, but as a tutorial I didn't really care for it. Then I spent an hour or whatever exploring every nook and cranny of Jensen's apartment building before finally going out into the city, which is when things start to get interesting imo. I feel like the game should have followed that sort of wannabe-HL format that they used in the first game, with the opening being the arrival in Prague up to the explosion, then tutorializing the 'get your augs fixed' mission.

One thing I think EM need to get better at, and this includes all 3 of their games so far (DXHR, T4, DXMD), is making interactive objects interesting and uninteractive objects less interesting. I'm ok with not going with a Bethesda level of "you can basically interact with everything no matter how useless it is " approach, but I think they should look at the first Dishonored where things that were important were made to pop out of the environments more. Rifling through drawers and cabinets in DXMD gives me a headache, as it's not immediately obvious which ones can be interacted with nor does it do a good job differentiating between things I have and haven't looked through.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    You know, so far my favourite thing about this game is just being in the gameworld, exploring, discovering secrets and sidequests. I'm actually not even that interested in pushing the story forward and it's nice to see I'm not the only one in that regard.
    Manky just about works as justification for Warren Spector's One City Block design proposal. The game doesn't cover a huge amount of space. Overall, Prague is probably about the size of Oxenfort in Witcher 3. But what you have is so detailed and crowded, you end up not really caring that it doesn't give you X amount of square mileage to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Two, knocking people out but not killing them in the train station level still results in the game treating the outcome as the most violent one, basically branding you a terrorist.
    That's interesting. I knocked people out on that level and Jensen commented to whats-her-face at TF29 HQ that "I got what he needed and no one knew I was there", to paraphrase. Sounds like a bug.

Thing What Kicks
    Interesting, maybe I did it before one of the patches and you after?

To be honest, the whole AI alert system feels a bit ropey. Starting a second playthrough, I've found that the only way to guarantee a "Ghost" bonus, is to really ghost the game. No knock-outs or kills, no guards investigating, not even them changing to a "?" on the radar (so no plastic bin technique). I'll have to test it more thoroughly, as I can't believe taking someone out and successfully hiding their body without triggering even the "?" routine would break Ghost.

Mind you, if it does, that's one hell of a challenge!

It also makes some levels significantly quicker, and if this were a first run or a new game, not New Game +, I'd be cutting myself off from a buttload of content.

Game just finished downloading and is in the process of installing. Going for Pacifist/Foxiest/Ghost run on my first playthrough. Wish me luck.

So far it seems to me that if I get through a mission without putting an enemy into the searching/investigating/? state, I get the Ghost bonus even if I use knock-outs. In some levels, I have knocked out every enemy and gotten the Ghost bonus.

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Game just finished downloading and is in the process of installing. Going for Pacifist/Foxiest/Ghost run on my first playthrough. Wish me luck.
    I tried that and ended up only getting Pacifist, even though I reloaded every time anyone anywhere went above a "?". The only thing I can think ruined Foxiest for me was letting the cops deal with a situation early in the game. Ghost though? Unless there's a hidden achievement related to it, you only need to Ghost one mission to get that, and you can get it on the first mission.

So correction to my first statement; I got Ghost AND Pacifist..

To clarify, I meant I was going to try and get the Ghost bonus for every objective. And BTW: Ghost criteria is purely dependent on whether or not enemies go hostile. You need to watch your screen closely and see if the red 'detected' icon pops up or if the minimap says 'Updating' because those seem to be reliable indicators that Ghost has been broken. A 'suspicious' status doesn't break Ghost.

Played 3 hours so far and finished Dubai with the Singh No Swan Song achievement. I was expecting a challenge as hard as saving Malik in DXHR, but it's actually pretty easy to get this. I got it on my second try. Video coming soon.

I saved him, but didn't stop the helicopter. No idea if it's possible and/or if it makes any difference whatsoever, other than a few randoms at HQ commenting about having to track the weapons down because Jensen fucked up.

If you stop the helicopter, it goes straight to cut-scene, and if Singh is still alive at that point, you're fine. I leaped down with the Icarus augment then sprinted over to the chopper with Glass Body invisibility, ignoring Singh altogether, and he survived.

So after just having installed the game I'm now reading through all the backlash that the Season Pass is getting for the "one time only" items.

One thing I can't find clarification on though so maybe someone here might know: what about the New Game + option? If for example somebody was to use those extra Praxis Kits to unlock or upgrade some augs, surely said unlocks/upgrades would then carry over to any NG+ playthrough?

PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 524.15

We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.2 build 524.15. This patch focuses on critical issues that were reported by users during the week after release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:

• Fixed a crash during the subway loading scene.
    • Fixed issue with loading a saved game while in cover and pressing [SPACE], causing Jensen to vault over cover.
    • Fixed crash when leaving for Golem City.
    • Fixed issues where the UI was offset at some aspect ratios, such as 21:9.
    • Fixed issue where vibration was not working on gamepad.
    • Fixed an issue where some keyboard language settings could cause the game to not launch (some users had a workaround by creating a new user account or by changing their keyboard language setting).
    • Fixed various issues related to Breach.
    • Fixed issues related to Tobii EyeTracking.

Note about performance:
    We are seeing people reporting performance issues when playing the game on Very High/Ultra settings with MSAA set to 2x, 4x, or 8x. We would like to emphasize again that these options are very demanding.
    We recommend everyone that is running at recommended spec or higher to start with the High Preset and MSAA turned off, and then tweak the options to optimize your experience.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build 524.6, v1.0_build 524.7 and v1.1_build 524.10, that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000...2037329870248/

I thought this game was fantastic. Looking at the steam user reviews and discussions makes me sad, this is yet another major Eidos Montreal release (after their Thief reboot) where vocal negative bunch managed to completely drown out other voices.

Well, the vocal negative bunch in this case wasn't talking about the game - they were talking about Square Enix's business practices and PC performance problems. Everyone loves the game. So hopefully the publishers actually read the reviews and takes them to heart instead of taking the score at face value.

This is interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVbj4GuuZTA

Essentially, Breach mode is a freemium game forced in by the publishers, and the micro transactions were added 2 weeks before the game went gold on a last minute request from the publishers, taking time away from last minute bugfixes.

I would agree that this publisher behavior should be punished and not accepted by users. It's clear Squenix is the problem, and that Eidos Montreal did an incredible job of putting out an amazing game despite the circumstances.

It is worrying, though, that they've been developing 2 games simultaneously (essentially cutting this one in half) and had two different teams working on them. Let's hope the trilogy conclusion wasn't given to the Thief team.

And on that note, the release date for the first story DLC, System Rift (ft. Frank Pritchard) has been announced: September 23, a mere month after the game came out.
    Last edited by froghawk; 2nd Sep 2016 at 17:43.

Steam should filter out reviews by people playing the game on AMD hardware. Hay why can't my 16 core CPU that's for all practical purposes as slow as a 10 year old Core2 play dis gaem?

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by froghawk View Post
    And on that note, the release date for the first story DLC, System Rift (ft. Frank Pritchard) has been announced: September 23, a mere month after the game came out.
    Of course meaty story-driven DLCs would've been planned and in development along with the main game. Who's gonna risk shit like key voice actors not being available?

Steam should filter out reviews by people playing the game on AMD hardware. Hay why can't my 16 core CPU that's for all practical purposes as slow as a 10 year old Core2 play dis gaem?
    Once DX12 mode gets patched in it will probably run better on AMD GPUs.

IF it gets patched in. Remember arkham city and dx11?

I remember missing link taking a lot longer.

AMD's new flagship GPU is roughly equivalent to a GTX 970. I'm not sure "optimized for AMD" is going to help much there.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

IF it gets patched in. Remember arkham city and dx11?
    If? It's been confirmed for this September, i.e. this month.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/deu.../1100-6442829/
    What does Arkham City have to do with anything? Completely separate parties involved.

Nixxes have a already proven with DX12 via Hitman 2016 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Nixxes aren't a muppet PC developer, a decade's worth of solid PC ports (including Manky) proves that.
    AMD's new flagship GPU is roughly equivalent to a GTX 970. I'm not sure "optimized for AMD" is going to help much there.
    Yeah, to currently get the most of DX12 on 1440p you need a 1070 minimum.

To be fair, RX480 is positioned for the mid-range market. AMD currently aren't competing against GTX1070, 1080 and Titan X Pascal.

You guys need to start reading the thread a little better...

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Just a quick note to those wanting to experience the game with DirectX 12...

DirectX 12 Support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

AUGUST 17 - POTICHA

The Deus Ex franchise originated on PC, and we’re passionate about continuing to provide the best experience possible to our long-time fans and players on the PC.

Contrary to our previous announcement, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is shipping on August 23rd, will unfortunately not support DirectX 12 at launch. We have some extra work and optimizations to do for DX12, and we need more time to ensure we deliver a compelling experience. Our teams are working hard to complete the final push required here though, and we expect to release DX12 support on the week of September 5th!

We thank you for your patience, passion, and support.

- The Deus Ex team
    DirectX 12 Support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I think optimized for AMD might be real.

Before I decided on a GTX 1060, I also considered the RX470, because both are 120W cards. I spent the extra $50 on the 1060 because it smoked the RX 470 on every game benchmark I saw. But on Mankind Divided, they are equal. And the top R9 cards are beating the 1070. It will be interesting to see what happens with the DX12 patch. Other game benchmarks show a big difference between DX11 and DX12 on AMD cards. If they see a similar DX12 performance bump in Mankind Divided, we might have the RX 480 beating the 1070. That would be something.

Well, the vocal negative bunch in this case wasn't talking about the game - they were talking about Square Enix's business practices and PC performance problems. Everyone loves the game. So hopefully the publishers actually read the reviews and takes them to heart instead of taking the score at face value.
    There are also a lot of Steam reviews complaining about the story.

Vae, Eva - the thing that stuck out to me from that release was 'we expect to release it this week'. But I didn't know that about Hitman and RotTR (haven't played either), so that is good to know. I wonder if it will give me any benefit on my below spec card, heh.

Moderator and Priest
    Having played RotTR recently, I found DX12 mode to run worse than DX11.

Crying shame though that may be, it didn't surprise me too much, considering that for games to take advantage of the performance boosting properties of DX12, they practically have to be written from scratch to do so. Barring Doom 2016, which did see a pretty stout performance boost, just about every game that's had it patched it after the fact usually runs a little worse overall.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast