TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex (4): Mankind Divided

Yeah. It looks like the things they've changed are actual improvements to the game (like well-designed hubs and choices/consequence) as opposed to what we've seen with, say, Mirror's Edge having to chase the open-world/MMO-grind money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Going from third-person cover to iron-sights put you in danger for way too long before it let you aim. Um... That's all I got. My solution was "don't do that". Honestly the whole pop-out-from-cover put you in rather a lot of harms way compared to just using cover in first person, which is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by acquisto View Post
    I don't like this "Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution" too.
    I agree with both of you. I also hated the take-downs in DX: HR where the devs yank control away from you and show off how clever they are. I always wanted to do my own take-downs. But, guaranteed, I'll be standing in line to d/l this one as soon as it's released.

Btw, is it me, or does Adam look like he's lost a lot of weight? His face looks almost emaciated.

Augorexia?

I'm not keen on having an over-abundance of augs, or augs that are basically the equivalent of magic spells.

But I like most everything else about the trailer.

The game sure is looking fantastic. Loads of detail and a realistic look.

Anyone else miss the gold/black aesthetic in the game world? The colour scheme seems much more generic-steel-blue-grey now.

You need this:

Holy shit I haven't seen that in ages.

lol @ 'going in with guns blazing may cause casualties'. Oh really?

That was one of those trailers that basically spoiled the whole plot of the game. Not that it's surprising at this point since it follows the DX formula - ok, you work for some anti-terror organization, turns out they are bad and controlled by the illuminati, you fight the illuminati, the end. Hopefully I'm wrong, but either way this game looks quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Anyone else miss the gold/black aesthetic in the game world? The colour scheme seems much more generic-steel-blue-grey now.
    Not really - it's still present in some scenes and overall the environments look more diverse but still atmospheric. Some of the reminded me more of the aesthetics of the original game, which is cool. Plus, if you played through the director's cut of HR, that filter was entirely broken but the game still had good vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by froghawk View Post
    That was one of those trailers that basically spoiled the whole plot of the game.
    Pretty sure that's just the setup. ...I hope.

...the DX formula - ok, you work for some anti-terror organization, turns out they are bad and controlled by the illuminati, you fight the illuminati, the end.
    Have you even played a Deus Ex game?

All of them multiple times. Obviously that's an extreme oversimplification (and the anti-terror part only applies to the original while the illuminati are only implied in HR), but come on. Every single DX game (except maybe The Fall) starts with some sort of terror attack, you're working for some sort of organization you find out is involved in some sort of shady shit (UNATCO, Tarsus, Sarif Industries, and now Interpol), the Illuminati is always secretly behind some of it, and then you have to choose who you want to align yourself with (and generally can side against the Illuminati or their pawns). How is that an unreasonable description?

Obviously that's an extreme oversimplification...
    The oversimplification is bad enough - that's not really a "formula" at all, and putting "the end" in it directly implied that that's all there is to it - but really the problem was that it's factually nonsense.

How is that an unreasonable description?
    Three problems: One, your new description significantly contradicts the one I complained about, two, it doesn't particularly describe the plot, it just describes some elements in common, three, it makes some huge stretches to even get that far (Sarif's hands are not clean, but comparing him to UNATCO is more than a little unfair).

You shouldn't call "formula" and "spoiler" supported with weasel words like "some sort" and "some of" often meaning "barely any" and "one of very many minor plot arcs".

Ok. Sarif is shown from the very beginning of the game to be Bob Page's pawn.

I think you're overthinking this a bit. Part of the reason HR was so successful at evoking Deus Ex was how structurally similar it was to the first game. They both begin with a terrorist attack in a grimy US city (Detroit/NY) where you spend the first chunk of the game and later return to. You move to an asian city (Hong Kong/Hengsha), go to a french-speaking western city (Paris/Montreal) and then the final stages of the game take place in very sci-fi environments (Area 51/Panchaea). Both games have you working as muscle for government/industry, and have you start breaking away from that due to a family member (brother/ex-wife).

Again, this was a good thing because it evoked the original without directly remaking it. It was nice. And now they are doing it again. The environment with the walking bot looks awfully similar to Paris from the original. There are plot similarities I already listed above. Etc. It worked well for HR, I'm just not sure how well it will continue to work in sequels. We'll find out though, and I'm sure I'll love the game regardless.

I apologize if that was poorly articulated initially, but that's what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by froghawk; 8th May 2016 at 16:08.

Looks interesting.

Also I'm not happy about changing Sarif's voice actor.

Level 10,000 achieved
    And here's the new gameplay demo:

Breach looks ok I guess. I bet they're keeping the artstyle simple so they can port it to tablets later on without too much hassle.

And Deus Ex GO! Huh. This actually caught me completely by surprise.

Breach mode looks really cool, reminds me a lot of Tron 2.0. I got all excited and then found out it wasn't part of the single player campaign. That's a real missed opportunity IMO. I think a cyberspace element could have worked well in the Deus Ex world.

Chakat sex pillow
    It could have, but the gameplay looks to be broadly the same as in the single-player game but set in 'cyberspace', which is levels with a more angular than usual art design patrolled by security programs. As it appears to be right now, it would've been an odd addition to the base game as the idea of cyberspace usually is to present an opportunity for a different approach to an in-game problem/obstacle.

So it's no longer always night in the DX world and have introduced day/night cycles? Interesting. That changes the atmosphere pretty substantially.

Breach looks cool, but I never end up getting deep into extra modes that aren't story-driven. This may end up being an exception.

==

Breach mode looks fantastic. I plan on spending much time in there.

verbose douchebag
    It's on gamesdeal for €35.99

On sale for $48 for one more day at GMG if you login. https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...ind-divided/#b

Lol. Out here I can get the Digital Deluxe version + season pass for about $23. And I'm still waiting for a price drop. Regional pricing ftw.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

GAME.co.uk had a PC CE! It was probably limited to Europe and deemed to have low profit viability for the US market. I cancelled my Amazon.com order for the PS4 CE. USA and consoles GTFO, HAHAHA!
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Breach mode looks fantastic. I plan on spending much time in there.
    Breach looks like a mode added to appease parent company PR execs. The gameplay loop is only part of the Deus Ex experience, without the literature component DX is about as appetising as chicken livers.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Aug 2016 at 03:37.

System reqs are finally out. I meet the minimum but a 970 recommended not even to run it HD is a little scary http://steamcommunity.com/games/3370...77452803577208

Ruh Roh

My GTX 750 Ti isn't even 2.5 years old and it doesn't meet the minimum. It's still current and considered the best budget card today.

What's a good midrange card these days? The GTX 970 is still selling for >$300 even though it's 2 years old. I don't want to spend any more than that. I would prefer less.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast