TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM - Working Late (Updated 2015-04-26)

T1 FM - Working Late (Updated 2015-04-26)

Hello Taffers,

Let me present to you my new Fan Mission for Thief1, "Working Late". It's a relatively small but detailed city mission with an emphasis on atmosphere. It has a few vertical opportunities and should present a fun challenge to ghosters (though ghosting isn't required).

The story is that a contact has gotten word to you that he's left a note for you near the Stoneheart Tavern...

Download
    Mediafire - 1.0b - Updated 2015-04-26

Old Versions
    Mediafire - 1.0a - First Release - 2015-04-23

Changelog
    1.0b
    Fixed Drop-off scroll re-adding objective if dropped and picked up again
    Removed Labeled on/off switches, as EP2 has them incorrectly labeled
    Lord's Journal only appears after Lamaarz is murdered
    Iron beams over Canal now are topped with wood for a less noisy jumping experience.
    Adjusted Enhanced sky dml to be moonless.
    Corrected AI's facing direction in apartment2
    Resized footlocker in cart near Hammer Foundry
    Fixed Firepowder relighting torches if doused.
    Added animated title screen graphic

FMSel recommended. If you insist on using Darkloader, follow these instructions.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 26th Apr 2015 at 15:13.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    \O/ Thanks AM! Can't wait to play this tonight.

Congrats, AM, and thanks! How did we not know this was coming?

@Yandros: Belay that ... you've got work to do!

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    @Yandros: Belay that ... you've got work to do!
    He cannot do such work, because... he's WORKING LATE!!! *Ba Dum Tss*
    (Okay... I go out...)

90% of mission was black textures for me so i am not able to play it must be a thief gold mission,or loading wrong on my darkloader as fmsel did not pop up for this mission
    Last edited by downwinder; 23rd Apr 2015 at 18:33.

DromEd Archmage
    Downwinder, read more carefuly before downloading!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    my new Fan Mission for Thief1

well i got a real version of thief 1,with all updates,only my thief gold is a copy,so not sure why textures would be gone in such mass?

i am thinking about redoing my thief on comp,as i think mixing thief gold did something

AWESOME

This was a GEM to play!! Thanks AntiMatter_16

Loved every part of your mission Great work!! I missed a little loot so I will be replaying in a few days.

Hope you make more!!!

This has been a fun little mission so far. One question, though - I have everything done except finding the Pagan gem. Think I've been everywhere but I've apparently missed it.

I'll take another look around the pagan-y areas of the mansion in the meantime...

Edit: Nevermind, hadn't found a hint yet. Good now.
    Last edited by Kerrle; 23rd Apr 2015 at 20:25.

I can't wait to play this! Tomorrow, I hope.

Cute little mission with a cool cityscape. Only thing I'm not too keen on is events only triggering when certain tasks are completed (resulting in empty places before you complete these tasks). The manor garden was pretty great.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    90% of mission was black textures for me so i am not able to play it
    Are you getting that for the OMs too? Because this mission does not have any custom textures. You've had this problem before, I think you need to re-install everything.

OMFG!!!! I knew this year for FM's would be better!

Okay one question. Is this map randomized?

I'm playing on hard and I've gotten the 'Geoligical Survey' from the Hammerite Foundry and so I think I got this outcome: Find out what happened to your contact (break into guarded mansion)- find a journal entry that describes being a ruffian, sending guard to kill him and take his valuables. I think this because I did the Side Quest and then returned to the StoneHeart Tavern after it to find blood and a coin there and then I got a new objective saying Lamaarz is gone... Find out what happended to him. So which outcome could this be? Also what do I do now?

Great mission so far. Are there any lockpicks anywhere? There's several locked doors, and places I can't access through alternative routes

@Sneakyguy
    No, the map is not randomized. Besides a couple differences between difficulty levels, the map will always be the same.

The triggering order of events are:
    Get note at drop-off->Hammerite with Safe Key Appearing in office
    Get Geological Survey->Drop off point trigger activating, blood and coin appear
    Return to drop off point->Journal in apartment appearing
    Reading journal in apartment->Guy with Mansion key appearing
    All objectives and areas will be available at this point.

@Azaran
    There are no lockpicks in the mission. You'll find keys and new areas will become available as the mission story unfolds.

@Downwinder
    The level is for Thief1. It can also be run with Thief Gold. If you're having trouble, darkloader may be loading it into Thief2, as darkloader incorrectly identifies newdark T1 missions.
    To enable FMSel, open "Cam_mod.ini" find the line that says ";fm" and delete the ";". Save. FMSel should open each time you run Thief or DromEd, if you have it installed in the root directory.

Otherwise, you'll have to follow these instructions to get Darkloader to run the mission correctly.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 24th Apr 2015 at 01:25.

Always very happy to see a new FM. Congratulations and thank you AntiMatter_16

where is cam_mod.ini located? is it in thief 1/thief 2 or darkloader? i looked for it and cant find the ini version anywhere

and yes its detecting the thief 1 mission as a t2 so i will fix once i can find the file and when i find it what do i open it with?

FMSel is the FM loader that comes with darkloader. It (FMSel.dll) and Cam_mod.ini are located in your root Thief1, or Thief2 directory. E.g. .\Thief2
    You can open cam_mod.ini in notepad. Same with the darkloader config file.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @downwinder - I made a thread a while back about how to get FMSel up and running, check here:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140093

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    where is cam_mod.ini located? is it in thief 1/thief 2 or darkloader? i looked for it and cant find the ini version anywhere
    your standard set up on your computer will NOT show any .ext/.ini/.rtf etc as these are hidden by default, to make the extensions visible follow these instructions

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, , and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:
    To show file name extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
    To hide file name extensions, select the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

with Thief cam_mod.ini it does not really matter as you will only have 1 file called cam_mod in your Thief file anyway, so trust me when i say that it is the cam_mod.ini file you are looking for (it's just that you can't see the .ini at the moment)
    Last edited by fortuni; 24th Apr 2015 at 11:29.

This was a really nice classic style FM AntiMatter_16

I finished in 44 minutes with 1056 out of 1111 loot

Thanks for making an awesome little Thief Gold FM
    Last edited by SneakyGuy101; 24th Apr 2015 at 16:23. Reason: Covered up spoiler

Finished! Really lovely mission although i kind of broke it when i entered through the window of the mansion (the library's window) before knowing i wasn't actually suppose to go there at that moment Also the bedroom key worked on the mansion doors for some reason.

Thank you AntiMatter
    great little mission, mind you the gemstone was a sod to find
    finished on 1101/1111

ps i noticed in the file there is an enhanced sky dml available, but it says you need to have enhanced sky's installed already, i looked in my Thief folder and i have t2skys in my MODS file but all of these are dml files....how do i install the enhanced sky's which i presume i need before any of these dml's will work ?
    Last edited by fortuni; 24th Apr 2015 at 17:27.

i just realized there are way to many updates and things to do on thief games now to make it worth playing it anymore,,thank you for help but since no one who has the skills to make it less things to download and alter just to play a fan mission,i wont list all the things need for thief 1/gold/2 just to play a mission and even then,there can be problems,one day i hope someone will just upgrade darkloader to work like it use to instead of making more and more files to get just to play a mission

not a rant just tired of trying to remember all the files needed to play a fan mission

the reason i made this is i dont have a cam_mod.ini file in any of my thiefs games nor my darkloader and i did all updtaes as i was told,all i get now is fan mission when thief 1 or gold most black textures

the fix dont work if you dont have a cam_mod.ini file so who is going to updtae darkloader or are we going to have to hear not only me but all new people who will have issues with it,and we all know how much people hate seeing the same boards over and over,but yet no one fixed it.

and spell check not worth it

so sad i can even play a mission without problems most of the time now
    Last edited by Tannar; 24th Apr 2015 at 21:44. Reason: removed profanity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast