TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Top Games Ever For Various Categories

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    could you list the games mentioned in the video rather just the video link itself, I aint got no time for watching that shit, too busy reading books
    #10. “Medal of Honor” (1999)
    #9. “Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six” (1998)
    #8. “Starsiege Tribes” (1998)
    #7. “Unreal Tournament” (1999)
    #6. “Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II” (1997)
    #5. “Duke Nukem 3D” (1996)
    #4. “Quake II” (1997)
    #3. "GoldenEye 007" (1997)
    #2. "Doom" (1993)
    #1. "Half Life" (1998)

Quake 1 and Unreal definitely should be on this list.

I'm not sure about Tribes. When it came to multiplayer, I would have put Couter-strike, UT, and Q3A ahead of it. I would not have put Duke 3D here, or Quake2.

I agree about Q2 but I think Duke3d deserves a spot.

Wolf 3D and Quake should definitely be on there, as well as the first Dark Forces. I'd put Heretic and both Hexens on there too.

Edit: Also Descent I/II and Terminator: Future Shock. And while I didn't play them at the time, the Marathon games surely deserve a mention.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I dunno about Wolf 3D. Sure it's important historically, but unlike Doom it hasn't really stood the test of time. It's just not particularly fun to play. Even back then it's impressiveness was less because of awesome gameplay than the wow-factor of It's a shooting game but instead of there being a little guy I control, I'm the guy! What technological trickery made this possible!? :O

It wasn't even all that impressive in terms of 3D. Ultima Underworld was released before that and it makes Wolf 3D look like Pong.

(I did think it was really awesome back then, though)

I agree with Wolf 3D deserving a spot. That game was phenomenal when it first came out. Sure Doom blasted it out the water, but that does not change the impact it had on release + it's influence on later FPS games. Plus it was just such an awesome game.

I'd argue that Unreal deserves a spot as well as that game was just amazing. Hell it's great even nowadays. I also agree on Heretic and Hexen. Everyone was playing those 2 games when they came out.

And Top 10 Best FPS Games of the 2000s is up.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Top 10 Sci-Fi RPGs of All Time added.

I'd have picked New Vegas over 3, but beyond that I agree with most of the list.
    #10: Borderlands 2
    #9: Star Ocean: The Second Story
    #8: Shadowrun Returns
    #7: Xenogears
    #6: System Shock 2
    #5: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    #4: Final Fantasy VII
    #3: Deus Ex
    #2: Fallout 3
    #1: Mass Effect 2

My problem with this list is that it's mixing fantasy JRPGs with sci-fi RPGs. Star Ocean and FF are definitely more fantasy than sci-fi. JRPGs should really be a separate top-ten list.

And I would have ranked Fallout 3 lower on this list.

Star Ocean has a strong sci-fi side to it.

Southquarter.com/fms
    could you list the games mentioned in the video rather just the video link itself, I aint got no time for watching that shit, too busy reading books
    Yer just kidding with that shit right.

no actually I really dislike people posting videos with lists in them, for one I dont have great internet speed, and it makes it hard for discussion when there isnt a tangible list to read

no actually I really dislike people posting videos with lists in them, for one I dont have great internet speed, and it makes it hard for discussion when there isnt a tangible list to read
    I have a similar gripe with list videos, though I do have a stable and fast connection. But I feel that list videos are disposable time wasters more than they're discussion pieces. Video footage accompanying a complete list can be useful, but if there is no easily accessible list of the items shown, there's little reason for me to take it as more than 5-20 minutes of background noise.

I find it interesting how many multiplayer games make it to these top 10 lists. Far too many, I would politely suggest.

I wouldn't dispute that multiplayer can be a lot of fun (I'm having rather a great time with Watch Dogs' online hacking at the moment) but it requires much more skill and effort to craft a fine single player experience than it does to create a sandbox and let people blast merry hell out of each other.

Could somebody put together a Top 10 list of Top 10 lists in this thread? K, thanks.

You could make a "Top 10 Games Most Likely to Make it Into a Top 10" List, to poke fun at the unoriginality of so many of these lists.

Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex would definitely be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Could somebody put together a Top 10 list of Top 10 lists in this thread? K, thanks.
    Well you have a thread about top 10 lists right here .

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Well you have a thread about top 10 lists right here .
    tl;dr