TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Games Ever For Various Categories

verbose douchebag
    Have you played Elite: Dangerous Dema?

My current graphics card could't take it, but I've watched probably a few hours worth of let's plays of it, so I get the gist. It looks great, and I'm sure I'd love it. I love what I've seen.

I played quite a bit of X3 on my last computer before it conked. I actually like the kind of inane depth it has because I have that kind of statistical meticulous personality. It's the reason I like the Paradox Grand Strategy games so much, Victoria 2 most of all. It'd be hard for me to pick between E: D and I guess X Rebirth is the latest one, since Elite also scatches my itch for really visceral sims better, but it doesn't scratch the managerial itch like the X series. (Edit. This is assuming the patches for XR made the game as good as X3. I saw the first release got abysmal ratings. If it still sucks, then I'll stick to X3 or wait for the rumored X4.)

Practically I imagine that'd mean I'd spend short bursts playing Elite for the sim parts, but I'd stick with X_ over a long game, but I'll need a new system to test that hypothesis. (Sort of a pipedream anyway since I don't have the time for massive time-sink games like I used to.)
    Last edited by demagogue; 25th Mar 2016 at 10:17.

verbose douchebag
    These categories are getting way granular.

Chakat sex pillow
    We should have a Top 10 list of Top 10 lists.

If you`d prefer I only make mention of the more bigger stuff feel free. I've just been adding the top 10s I find interesting.

verbose douchebag
    I wasn't criticising, just fascinated by how deep the lists will go.
    I'm declaring it time out when we get to the top 10 game weapons whose names are anagrams of Slovakian poets though.

Chakat sex pillow
    I think we should start making our own top 10 lists to keep things fresh. I'll think of something random over the weekend.

Moderator and Priest
    How about the top 10 games that reduced us to incoherent blubbering masses of concentrated rage?

AKA Henke's oeuvre?

Moderator and Priest
    ...yes.

Well, whatever henkes oeuvre is, I am sure it is a concentrated mass!
    One could say the mass is so concentrated, its like a black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    How about the top 10 games that reduced us to incoherent blubbering masses of concentrated rage?
    That would be Dark Souls 1-2, and whenever I was attempting the flying missions in any GTA game.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    the flying missions in any GTA game.

Moderator and Priest
    That would be Dark Souls 1-2...
    That's why I brought it up.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm trying to remember what PS4 game it was that caused me to bite my controller. The marks are still there. Might've been the Metallic Arachea chapter of MGS V.

verbose douchebag
    The pre-patch racing mission in Mafia. I think I beat that on like my 60th try or something. The feeling of finally beating was some kind of wild euphoria.

That would be Dark Souls 1-2, and whenever I was attempting the flying missions in any GTA game.
    You clearly haven't tried playing League of Legends. You can play Dark Souls to relax afterwards.

Why does everyone hate the flying in GTA?

Because it is completely broken and does not match up with the controls used in the other bits of the game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Um, the controls don't match up because no other bits of the game are about flying. Me, I love the flying! And I love when this topic gets brought up because it gives me an excuse to post one of my many CLASSIC GTA FLYING VIDS!

This one where the TTLG kru hijacks the Hydra is good too!

verbose douchebag
    The reason I hated the flying was that every other aspect of the game felt gamey rather than simulated, but the flying missions made me feel like I actually could have benefited from being a pilot. I still haven't played past the flying school bit of GTA:SA or the Helicopter mission in GTAIV. Thankfully, the helicopter controls in GTAV are far easier to handle. For reference, Just Cause 2 is a good example of it done right. The flying missions in GTA:SA wouldn't feel out of place in Arma 3 or something.

Top 10 Songs with lyrics in games added. The tunes from Max Payne 2 and Witcher 3 I definitely agree on. Happened across that scene in Witcher 3 recently and was humming along to it.

What's your favorite song with lyrics in a video game?

That would be 'Dreams, dreams' from NiGHTS, the version with children vocalists.

I never even played the game (I actually have it on Steam but couldn't get into it) but the song is just so much fun. It's just ridiculously cheerful to the point where I can't help but smile. It has a special significance for me because the song is really upbeat, and it often cheered me up during a time where I was suffering from depression. The fact that the two children who sing it don't have perfect voices just makes the song even more fun for me, because the children sound like actual children and not like trained singers. There's a version with adult vocalists who sing well, but it loses some of the fun factor. I can totally understand people thinking the song is too sickly sweet, and I don't even know if I'd call it an actual good song, but I can't help but like it.

I can't post a YouTube link right now, since I'm at a school where YouTube is not accessible.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast