TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission "Religious conflict" v 1.3 updated (29-12-16)

Oh, no, I mean right at the start. Figured it out: I need to explicitly talk to everybody, not just read the diaries

Pedro (cardia1), this is an FYI. I played up to the part where I have earned the key to the castle and have used it to open that door. When I walk through, I slow down to 1 frame per second. I reduced my screen to 640x480 and moved slowly away until I was about a meter away from the door and everything settled down and I could move OK. I then saved and upped my resolution. I have played further yet. I do not have any custom packs installed, but I may just reinstall NewDark carefully making sure nothing extra is used just to make sure. Sometimes that fixes these bugs. As posted before on other threads, my system is pretty old and I have had trouble with some of the newest NewDark FMs.

Since no other players have reported this particular issue yet in this FM, I figure it is just my old box not being able to cut it anymore. I've spent a lot of time trying to tweak setting to make this thing perform, but it is like making an 100 year old run a marathon.

I do have one other comment so far. Once I am allowed to leave the inn at the beginning, the patrolling guard is hyper-sensitive to any sound whatsoever. I had to replay from a save 10 times until I did not alert him. He was 50 meters down the street and he heard my foot fall on the tile floor in the kitchen. I got past that with some patience and a little vodka. Once past that part, It was smooth sailing until that door problem above. So far enjoyable, even if my system is being uncooperative.

Bjack, it's not just you. I reported the same issue while testing part 1.
    I got through by pushung my run button and then went steps ahead, very slowly.
    Getting near the other wall I could walk further OK.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Mansion

I have read earlier post on how to enter mansion but am unable to find the entrance. I have Cael's key and the only well I see leads me to a wine cellar (vintage wine bottle is there) but I see no place to use the key. What am I missing? Thanks.

Bjack, what's the meaning of "FYI"? about entering the Castle door is natural that older machines take some time to load the ambient music, i don't feel almost no lag with my pc.

And let's make this clear guys, The first House you start is not an Inn, its Marissa's house, are you reading the readables at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    I have read earlier post on how to enter mansion but am unable to find the entrance. I have Cael's key and the only well I see leads me to a wine cellar (vintage wine bottle is there) but I see no place to use the key. What am I missing? Thanks.
    The well you seek is inside the Castle (outside Courtyard).

Mansion

Thanks cardia1, but how do I get to the castle? I have found a door close to the inn but have no key and it is unpickable.

Kaain, you need to bring proof to the guests that you aided them, then you'll get the key to the castle. So search, climb up and get your stuff.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

2 days after release and not a single post or question about part 2 Attacks on the Monastery.....do people relise the best part is the action in the monastery

I haven't got to Part II yet because, although I've achieved all the other objectives, I haven't found enough loot! I've been in the bathroom whose open window overlooks the east side of the market place, so I'll just have to look everywhere else again!

If you get really stuck there is a lootlist included in the zip file

I'm stuck in part 2

Just fed the zombies at the table, and I can access the gates to the guard's quarters and catacombs, but no keys to open them.

this is a good puzzle.... you need to find a way to destroy the zombies, you may have read a book/scroll about dripping water,.....

you need to use the Holy water arrow on the patch of ceiling outside the entrance to catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Thanks cardia1, but how do I get to the castle? I have found a door close to the inn but have no key and it is unpickable.
    Lol people continue to assume Marissa Home is a Inn, i know it looks like a Inn due to the number of guests , but if you guys read Garrett diary or the guests diaries you'll know that the guests have been given shelter by Lady Marissa

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I haven't got to Part II yet because, although I've achieved all the other objectives, I haven't found enough loot! I've been in the bathroom whose open window overlooks the east side of the market place, so I'll just have to look everywhere else again!
    I can give you the locations of some secrets:

The Doctor's Room has a secret, look in the coset near the baby portrait

http://postimg.org/image/5z54n8ee3/

In Alicia´s Aunt room, look above the window frame

http://postimg.org/image/ukvn54btn/

Marissa´s lobby, check near a table

http://postimg.org/image/epg6fujbf/

check above the market place rafters

bedside tables usually have rings, bathrooms have usually coins on the floor
    Last edited by Cardia; 2nd Jun 2015 at 03:10.

Thanks Cardia1, I'd got all those. What finally got me to the target (and only just) was 3 wine bottles I'd missed in the Vino cellar.

I had noticed the coins on various bathroom floors. Clearly a lot of people in this mission have been "spending a penny". :-)

I'm stuck in part 2
    Where is the fourth glyph near the elevator in the horsemen tombs.When i got the other three glyphs the pedestal near the elevator is empty

Wow, Pedro, it's done at last!!!!
    Downloading right now.
    Thank you so much for dedicating it to me

Please note that many of the paintings on the walls are my watercolors!!!
    Last edited by maga; 2nd Jun 2015 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I'm stuck in part 2
    Where is the fourth glyph near the elevator in the horsemen tombs.When i got the other three glyphs the pedestal near the elevator is empty
    you mean the Death Talisman, did you get the other three talismans?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Wow, Pedro, it's done at last!!!!
    Downloading right now.
    Thank you so much for dedicating it to me

Please note that many of the paintings on the walls are my watercolors!!!
    Yes, this is the one i promised for you for a long time

The credit list mentions your name as the Author of the paintings.

Loving it so far!!!!!
    I've got Lord Caen's key, but cannot open the gates to the mansion.....

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Yes, this is the one i promised for you for a long time

The credit list mentions your name as the Author of the paintings.
    Yes Pedro, I was just proud to tell!!!!

Loving it so far!!!!!
    I've got Lord Caen's key, but cannot open the gates to the mansion.....
    You need to go back to the castle and jump into the well.

I am a bit embarassed, but I am stuck again:

I am in Lord Caels mansion. I have found the evidence, and read the book about elementals.
    Obviously I am supposed to something with objects that resemble/bear relation to the elements.
    But I cannot frob any of them. The only thing I found so far (except loot) is some holy water.
    I tried to shoot the ghost, but it/he/she did not care.
    The other hints given in this thread concerning this problem unfortunately do not help me..
    Last edited by Chiron; 2nd Jun 2015 at 08:55.

Chiron, do you mean the well that takes you to the cellar????

Chiron, do you mean the well that takes you to the cellar????
    No,

before you can enter the mansion, you have to go to the castle (metal door round the corner of the exit of the inn where you started.) There you'll find a well in the courtyard. To get into the castle read the questions swiz already asked in this thread.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast