TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Artifact Returns (June 30, 2015)

T2 FM: The Artifact Returns (June 30, 2015)

by Niborius
    Requires Thief 2 v1.22 or higher

Find the artifact that has been haunting your dreams.

Hello fellow taffers!

For the last couple months I've been working on my second Fan Mission, called "The Artifact Returns". Players of my first FM should know which artifact this would be
    It is a combination mission of both a mansion where the player must find a certain amount of loot, and there are some horror stages too.

Story
    90 years after the events of The Metal Age - Archaeologists found a writing in a tomb in Great Britain, that tells about an artifact of great power, which is believed to contain the souls of more than a thousand humans. The writing tells a small story about a prisoner who stole the artifact from a tomb nearby, and managed to escape because of the bad power of the artifact, without the prisoner knowing it was the artifact that helped him. Eventually, the prisoner learned about the Artifact and placed it back on its original pedestal, and he got cured from the curse of the object.

The writing goes on in a different handwriting, one that looked fresher and thicker: 'Because the location of the artifact was too unsafe, it had to be moved to a different location, as far away from any human possible. We have sent it deep underground, behind doors that are heavily guarded by souls from the artifact itself, the writing goes.
    A few days after having found the mysterious writings, the archaeologists found out that they’ve been having similar dreams. All of which appear to be the artifact calling them for help, and the dream always takes place on the same location.

Of the group, only one archaeologist was willing to go to that location. Whilst the others thought he was crazy, the one archaeologist was so driven by curiosity, that he would go there illegally on his own if he had to. Not only because of his curiosity; he thought being the first man to prove existence of this artifact could help him get money for the family who need it so much.
    And so he did.

A few days later when he arrived, a big mansion owned by a rich family, was standing there on the exact location of the where the artifact should be according to the dreams.
    “I’m not a burglar, but I’ve come this far. It’s time to investigate this place”

Official Trailer

Download links
    OneDrive
    South Quarter
    Taffers Paradise
    (Please play this mission without any enhancement packs!)

Have fun playing this mission!
    I hope to see some Let's Plays of this too

If you have any questions, tips, suggestions or anything else to discuss about, please let me know in this topic.

Stuck at the dungeon section looking for the keys? If you really can't find them, try this map: http://i60.tinypic.com/10oh17c.png
    Last edited by Niborius; 3rd Jul 2015 at 13:29.

Congratulations Niborius - have been looking forward to playing your FM ... and here we are!

Congrats! Gonna replay your first FM to get in the mood and then i'll dive right in the new one.

Congrats on the release, looking forward to it!

Superb news....downloading now

Congratulations on the release. I hope to play this later today. I enjoyed your first one and expect this one to be good too. Thanks for the effort and time!

Thank you for the kind replies guys, I can't wait to hear your feedback.

The mission is a bit shorter than the average mission so please keep that in mind though, but it should still give you a nice adventure to remember.

Edit: If anyone can upload a mirror then that would be very helpful

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats on the release...here's your mirror:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...actReturns.zip

Excellent....100% loot and you have just made my evening thank you

The skeletons were just fantastic...think we'll be seeing more of those in other missions, the elevator at the end was brilliant. Overall a solid little fun mission

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Excellent....100% loot and you have just made my evening thank you

The skeletons were just fantastic...think we'll be seeing more of those in other missions, the elevator at the end was brilliant. Overall a solid little fun mission
    Thanks a lot! I'm glad I could make your evening I wish I could be there to see everyone play it and see their reactions real time

Also thank you Brethren for the mirror!

Well well, i just finished and it was pretty great i must say Missed about 100 loot though. My favorite part was the ruins, really small area but i liked it a lot nonetheless, oh and those skeletons. Really nice (I died once after killing one) The mansion was pretty cool too I suppose no sequel to this since you destroy the artifact at the end. It does get destroyed for good right?

Thank you for playing InfinituS! Did you get the loot in the library? And the two candles in the church? I believe these were worth 100 loot each (2 x 50 for the candles).

I can blab out that there will be no sequel to this one. But that doesn't mean I won't make more missions. In fact, I'm already gathering ideas and making sketches for a new mission. But don't expect anything soon

The Ruins by the way are based on an abandoned mill in italy. Picture
    Last edited by Niborius; 30th Jun 2015 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Niborius View Post
    Thank you for playing InfinituS! Did you get the loot in the library? And the two candles in the church? I believe these were worth 100 loot each (2 x 50 for the candles).

I can blab out that there will be no sequel to this one. But that doesn't mean I won't make more missions. In fact, I'm already gathering ideas and making sketches for a new mission. But don't expect anything soon

The Ruins by the way are based on an abandoned mill in italy. Picture
    Is that ruined mill in Sorrento? It certainly looks like one there, way below street level.

Yea that's right

Congrats on the release Niborius.
    I can't wait to test opne of your future missions.
    We must make this a tradition and not only because we both are Dutch.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Completed on expert with 30 loot short of maximum.

A was able to take out one of the skeletons with an overhead whack, but I could not get the other. I had to sneak, as I probably should anyway. What is the "correct" way to get into the blue droplet/magic room with 2 gate doors and a haunt? I had to alert him so he would open the door. Overall fun little mission. Took me a little over an hour to play.

Thank you for playing bjack!

That is actually the correct way to do that, but because that is almost never the solution to puzzles in other missions most players get confused there if it's the correct way to do it.

@Gloria: Thank you! And I'll remember that I appreciate your support
    Last edited by Niborius; 1st Jul 2015 at 04:01.

Does anybody else have that weird bug that makes new objects invisible unless you bump into them ? I only have the latest NewDark on.

Yes. I'm on 1.22 and the new haunts didn't appear until I alerted them. I thought it was a gameplay mechanic at first, but then they appeared after a reload.

Caught it on video, it's really weird because it happens on original Thief's object and with some guards too

Congratulations Niborius

Amazing so far!

But now I'm not sure what to do. I'm in the large complex with the coloured locks, but I only found the blue key on this patrolling haunt - I've walked around the whole place and can't find anything else, and don't hear any others

@Azaran

Thank you! To find the other keys: look carefully in the pillars for the other three keys. The keys light up a little so they shouldn't be too hard to spot!

Thanks Niborius!

Have fun with the last section of the mission

Edit: added a map to the OP for those who really can't find the keys
    Last edited by Niborius; 1st Jul 2015 at 13:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast