TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Twitch is playing Dark Souls

Level 10,000 achieved

Twitch is playing Dark Souls

This has been going on for a few days so you might've seen it in the gaming media. It's been fun dropping in on the stream from time to time to see how it's going. I first saw it a couple days after it had started, and they were at the point where the first archer is, continually getting pelted with arrows. When I looked at it again a day later they were back in the hole before the first campfire, rolling around and trying to get to the ladder. Things were not going well. A recent development, however, has made the game a tad more playable: they've modded the game to be turn-based instead of realtime. Thanks to this they've amazingly been able to defeat the first boss and get to Firelink Shrine! Also, hilariously, the modders changed the "You Died" text to read "Thanks Chat".

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysdark

Level 10,000 achieved
    Here's a highlight, I'm sorry I missed this one.

Here's a highlight on how they managed to beat the asylum demon.

EDIT: Here's the fight edited to be real time, without delays. They also managed to get rid of the crestfallen warrior - they rolled off a cliff, and the NPC followed.
    Last edited by Malleus; 20th Aug 2015 at 12:01.

They've beaten the game, including all bosses. Here's a post with most highlights. Unfortunately the action edits do not convey the chat experience, which was part of the fun, but at least it can be seen how the fights went. It also doesn't have the ridiculous close calls, and massive failures. I watched this regularly, it was pretty entertaining. There's a poll on which souls game to play next, and it looks like Dark Souls 2 is winning.