TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 22 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Darkness descends upon you
    may the balance in you be strong

After three years in development, I can finally present to you my second and last Thief 2 mission called Heartcliff Islands. It's an open-ended, non-linear mission with lots of water and exploration, some side-quests, a few puzzles (mostly optional unless you play on Expert), and multiple endings (at least 4 and maybe more). Prepare for a pretty long ride if you want the full experience.

Background story:
    A Lord Rumsworth contacted me about a family heirloom, called the Foreseer, which got stolen when he was just an infant. He wanted me to find it and told me he had tracked it down to a remote pair of islands known as the Heartcliff Islands, where the current owner, a Lord Edwards, was now running a prison.

The islands have tough security and the only way in is as a prisoner, so I pretend to break in at my employer's mansion, get caught, and he handles the rest. Lord Edwards is running a side-operation where he sells prisoners to anyone who is willing to pay, so, once I'm inside, my employer will send someone to act as a potential customer and at the same time smuggle in an extra loaf of bread.

Lord Rumsworth offered to pay me half in advance if I accepted and the rest when I delivered. The only snag was that I would have to trust him to do his part, but that's a risk I was willing to take to get something to do other than simple pickpocketing, so I accepted.

I would no doubt be robbed of any personal belongings, so I didn't bother bringing much equipment, just the basics for show - except the maps provided by a former employee, which I hid in my shoe.
    The fine print:
    Warning: playing this mission on Expert might cause severe frustration, anger and foul gestures
    - unless you enjoy hard puzzles and analyzing everything around you.
    Please, check these tips before you get started:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2295726

Download link (~56 MB):

System requirements:

Special thanks:
    • Alpha/beta testers (in alphabetical order):
      • Gloria Creep
      • nightshifter
      • PotatoGuy
      • Ravenhook
      • urgrue (including proofreading)
    • Custom voices:
      • Redleaf as female guard and green ghost
      • Saxmeister as Garrett
    • L for ideas and support.

Be warned:
    • Don't stand on stuff while riding an elevator or you might come to regret it.
    • Keep your distance when opening a ventilation gate or you might get stuck or worse.
    • Expert is Expert.
    • If you are on a low spec machine, you might experience low frame rates up on the rooftops. In that case, consider installing the alternative mission file ("miss20_alt1.mis") found in "Extras.zip" inside the mission zip:
      1. Install the mission as usual in FMSel. Close FMSel.
      2. Go to FMSel's Heartcliff install folder, find the alternative mission file and unzip it.
      3. Rename the original mission file ("miss20.mis") to for example "miss20_original.mis".
      4. Rename the alternative mission file ("miss20_alt1.mis") to "miss20.mis".
      5. Restart FMSel and start playing.
    • If the text in the ending movies is cropped, then, please, open your "cam_ext.cfg" in a text editor and add a semicolon in front of "crop_movies".

For tips and extensive credits, please, check FMInfo.txt.

Edit:
    A few general tips on how to play:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2295726
    Last edited by qolelis; 5th Jul 2016 at 07:04.

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release, qolelis!

congrats on release,

YAY! Congrats on the FM qolelis, and thank you. I am stocked up, snacks aplenty, ready for the "full experience"

Yabba Dabba Do....

Congratulations on the release, looks great, downloading now

The good news:

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    After three years in development, I can finally present to you my second ...
    The bad news:

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    ... and last Thief 2 mission
    Congrats on the release! It sounds great, but I'm sorry to hear that it's your last one.

Woohoo! Been looking forward to this! No more T2 missions, really? Are you going over to the Dark(Mod) side then?

Your Fm sounds awesome Congrads, can't wait to get home and play it tonight! I definitely need a break from DromEd. Looking forward to the "Full Experience"

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Congrats on the release! It sounds great, but I'm sorry to hear that it's your last one.
    Agree. Really sorry to hear that.

Thanks so much, qolelis. I've been desperate for distraction and here it is.

Congrats on the release, it's great!

Congratulations on the release! I'm sorry to hear it will be your last one too but thank you for the missions you've given us.

Today is my lucky day came because new mission! congratulations

Congrats! This looks really great

Love the mission soo far, but where can I find my bj and lockpicks?

for the lockpicks you will have to get out of prison first.
    depending on what diff. you are playing the blackjack can be found somewhere in prison ( on normal)
    on expert you will have to get out of prison first too

ok i got mission to work
    Last edited by downwinder; 21st Aug 2015 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    wow two missions in a row i cant play
    Sounds like your installation. You have NewDark 1.23? It won't run without it.

i am not able to get water arrows to fire,and mission is so laggy feels like thief 3 movement,going to have to skip this mission and wait for a lets play on youtube

so sad the day of fan missions that run good are over

and yes i just regot new dark 1.23

ok i got mission to work
    Phew!

i am not able to get water arrows to fire,and mission is so laggy feels like thief 3 movement,going to have to skip this mission and wait for a lets play on youtube

so sad the day of fan missions that run good are over

and yes i just regot new dark 1.23
    Try the alternative version. It might solve all your problems. And, BTW, to fire your water arrows you will need to find a bow.
    Last edited by urgrue; 21st Aug 2015 at 17:26.

I don't know about you, but downwinder never ceases to crack me up every time he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    I don't know about you, but downwinder never ceases to crack me up every time he posts.
    Each time a TG fm pop in, I'm waiting to him posting the inevitable "why the first T2 mission pop in i can t understand what s going on"

But this time I can't say I disagree with him, quickloading take at least 20sec. before I can play again, even with the alternative version.

i love you all too,ok how do i change name of that miss file when it wont let me?

it beeps when i tryed to change it

please tell me that that lower level prison does not make your controls flip as you go through it cause that is what it did to me,completely ruined the experience,or it was a new type of bug i never seen before?
    Last edited by downwinder; 21st Aug 2015 at 19:40.

please tell me that that lower level prison does not make your controls flip as you go through it cause that is what it did to me,completely ruined the experience,or it was a new type of bug i never seen before?
    It is not a bug. There is something that can help you, but it depends on the diff level as to where it is. On the other hand, you can learn how to move around in that environment, but it does take a little getting used to.

How do i escape from the cell?

Page 1 of 22 123456111621 ... LastLast