TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

Hello taffers! Our mission for the Summer 2015 FM Challenge organized by Brethren is finally here. It features two large missions crafted by FireMage, Squadafroin and yours truly that will take you to the snowy streets of Downtowne in order to infiltrate a high-class brothel. It is a loose sequel to Endless Rain but it can be enjoyed on its own.
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipldy3qxwg...alice.zip?dl=0
    Mirror #1: http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/2015/chalice.zip (Thanks Brethren!)
    Mirror #2: http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...on/chalice.zip (Thanks Lord Soth!)

You will need to patch your copy of Thief Gold to 1.23+ using the latest version of TFix, and it is recommended you make a clean install before playing. Make sure you have New Mantle, Weather and Fogging activated. You also have to DISABLE ALL MODS before playing. You have to add a semicolon ( ; ) on the mod path line in cam_mod.ini, otherwise the game WILL crash! This naturally includes Thief Gold HD and NecroAge.

Please note that FMSelect users will have to do a small and painless manipulation in order to play in the best conditions. This is not mandatory but strongly recommended as a certain effect won't work properly if you don't do this. Download this ZIP file and simply extract its contents to your Thief Gold folder: scripts.zip
    Mirror #1: http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/2015/scripts.zip (Thanks Brethren!)

FMSelect is the loader of choice for this mission but people who prefer Darkloader will have to do the following:
    1) Install the FM in your FM archive directory as usual.
    2) Launch Darkloader and select the FM, but don't launch the mission. Instead, close Darkloader once the FM is selected and shows the T2 gear icon.
    3) In your Darkloader directory, open the file named darkloader.ini.
    4) Search for chalice, it should be at the very end of the file.
    5) Replace the line type=2 with type=1. Save and close the file.
    6) Launch Darkloader again and the FM should appear as a TG FM with the TG flower icon.
    To activate FMSelect, make a shortcut of THIEF.EXE and add -fm in the command line, and then launch it. Once you have set the paths you're good to go!

The whole team would like to thank our amazing beta-testers:
    - bob_doe_nz
    - Dev_Anj
    - DrKubiac
    - Fortuni
    - nickie
    - Nightwalker
    - Peter Smith
    - ValmontPhl

Have fun!
    Last edited by skacky; 26th Sep 2015 at 05:06. Reason: Added mirrors

Congrats on the release, guys! I love me them Thief Gold missions.

Oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release!!!

YES! Another masterpiece i'm sure. Downloading

Congratulations to all of you on a fantastic mission. And if any-one was wondering what Newdark 1.23 will do for FMs just look at this mission for the clarity and sharpness of images, it's truly superb

Congratulations on the release! Looking forward to playing this tonight!

This is just so awesome! I will play it as soon as humanly possible and it will guaranteed interrupt every other mission I was planning to play.
    Thank you so much FireMage, Squadafroin and Skacky

Southquarter.com/fms
    Awesome news on the release, thanks much. Mirrors here:

Chalice of Souls
    Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    You also have to DISABLE ALL MODS before playing. You have to add a semicolon ( ; ) on the mod path line in cam_mod.ini, otherwise the game WILL crash! This naturally includes Thief Gold HD and NecroAge.
    Just to be clear, if you don't have any of the major mods installed, do you still have to do the semicolon thing? I usually just disable EP2 by renaming it.

Please note that FMSelect users will have to do a small and painless manipulation in order to play in the best conditions. This is not mandatory but strongly recommended as a certain effect won't work properly if you don't do this. Download this ZIP file and simply extract its contents to your Thief Gold folder: scripts.zip
    Just curious, why does this not work if you just include the scripts in the main chalice.zip file?

Brethren: You shouldn't have to add the semicolon if you don't have any major mod installed. One of our beta-testers had a version of the EP (not sure which) and it seemed to work fine, though Thief Gold HD and NecroAge are guaranteed to crash.

WRT the scripts: FMSelect doesn't recognize the scripts folder as a valid folder, so it ignores it. This is why you have to extract it to the main Thief Gold folder. It is still inside the archive though, the scripts.zip file is just there to facilitate its installation so you don't have to open the mission archive. You can safely delete the scripts folder after you're done playing.

Congratulations on the release

I'm trying to get the FM to work. It runs, but the guards keep essentially acting more like ghosts who sometimes want to stop being invisible. The text for the mission isn't showing up, either.

This appears for all difficulties. I've tried reinstalling the newest version of TFix and even reinstalling the FM multiple times. I've tried digging through any file I could think of. I use Darkloader. My specs are Intel i5 4690k(stock speed), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 780.

The AIs are almost impossible to hit, as well. I have no clue how this is happening. The objective text showed up when I had the older TFix version installed. Have no clue how to disable the EP pack or if it is in there at all. Thanks for your time. I do hope I can get this thing to work and enjoy it.

Weird. Do other TG FMs work normally?

Weird. Do other TG FMs work normally?
    Just tried The Mages Area out. That one works fine. This is probably the only one I've had this many problems with.

Could you try loading it with FMSelect instead of Darkloader to see if that changes anything? Also, are you using a copy of Thief Gold or Thief: The Dark Project?

Could you try loading it with FMSelect instead of Darkloader to see if that changes anything? Also, are you using a copy of Thief Gold or Thief: The Dark Project?
    I'm using Thief Gold. Bought it off Steam. I'll try FMSel. Usually avoid it due to hating the UI and how it looks, but might need to use it for this. Thanks for the suggestion. Problem fixed itself. Finished a Thief 2 FM and decided to try this one again. It's working fine. Using Darkloader.
    Last edited by Klawedflaw; 23rd Sep 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Problem was resolved.

Looking forward to playing this one well done

Quote Originally Posted by Klawedflaw View Post
    I'm using Thief Gold. Bought it off Steam.
    It is important to use NewDark 1.23. I don't personally know whether or not the Steam version of Thief Gold can be modified to run under NewDark. If you Pause the game (Pause / Break key) do you see the Thief Icon as saying "Thief 2 Final 1.23"? Or in some cases if you have abbreviated text or no text on the icon, you may have to right click on the icon to investigate its Properties. Click on the Details tab to check the version (1.23).

Edit: Glad it is resolved, but you might check your version anyway. I'll leave this comment here in case anyone else has doubts about the version they are using.
    Last edited by smithpd; 23rd Sep 2015 at 15:11.

In obj/txt16 folder there are around 20 textures with resolutions like 512x384, 320x448, 512x576, 258x258.
    No problems as of yet for me. I think modern cards and the game can handle that, but just in case...

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    It is important to use NewDark 1.23.
    Not just important but required. Players will get a message right at the start, warning them if they don't have 1.23 installed (and it will show what version they do have installed). If they don't have 1.23 the mission won't start (or Thief will crash).

Congrats on the release! I loved Endless Rain so I bet these will be an instant favorite!

First... congratulations on the release!

Now i have something what i don't understand. I opened the miss files in DromEd. Why did you loaded so many textures into the mission if you don't use most of them? I used the function "unload > all unused" and saved the mission file after that. I start the FM using the HD mod with no problems. No crash! Why do you do that? It's important that you unload all textures which are not required in the FM...

It's also better for EP2 user...and better for loading times

Canīt play this one, i have installed tfix and still when the mission loads i have this message saying that the current mission requires a version higher than 1.22

That is too bad Pedro I have just started playing and the first door I picked open led me to a dungeon wherethis freaking awesome statue killed me about ten times before I figured it out This is already one Helluva mission!! Great work to all involved!!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Canīt play this one, i have installed tfix and still when the mission loads i have this message saying that the current mission requires a version higher than 1.22
    Might you possibly be using an old version of Tfix?

If you use FMSel as your mission loader, it should show right in the title bar of the FMSel window what version of Thief you are running.