TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    First... congratulations on the release!

Now i have something what i don't understand. I opened the miss files in DromEd. Why did you loaded so many textures into the mission if you don't use most of them? I used the function "unload > all unused" and saved the mission file after that. I start the FM using the HD mod with no problems. No crash! Why do you do that? It's important that you unload all textures which are not required in the FM...

It's also better for EP2 user...and better for loading times
    Damn! you found the secret plan to prevent EP packs!
    spoiler:
    We simply forgot, but that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Canīt play this one, i have installed tfix and still when the mission loads i have this message saying that the current mission requires a version higher than 1.22
    Did you install Newdark 1.23?

need a bit of help on mission 2 i found 2/3 keeper glyphs,i found ofcourse the first one then i found one by second statue in air,where is third one? also where can i find a rope arrow in mission 2?
    Last edited by downwinder; 23rd Sep 2015 at 20:49.

Southquarter.com/fms
    So, you, ah, actually got the mission running OK?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need a bit of help on mission 2 i found 2/3 keeper glyphs,i found ofcourse the first one then i found one by second statue in air,where is third one?
    Check the basement, especially the place with all the leaky pipeworks

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Check the basement, especially the place with all the leaky pipeworks

i cant get to basement with out the key from the three glyphs? also where is there a rope arrow i found a room with roof access,but i dont have a rope arrow from part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    So, you, ah, actually got the mission running OK?
    mission 1 i had issues with a nd mission 2 has a few black textures,but playable so far,it did not run on my thief gold so i am using t2 to play mission 2 ,and yes i added scripts to tg first

You can find a rope arrow in the basement too.

mission 1 i had issues with a nd mission 2 has a few black textures,but playable so far,it did not run on my thief gold so i am using t2 to play mission 2 ,and yes i added scripts to tg first
    god DAMN

You can find a rope arrow in the basement too.

god DAMN
    so how does this work? if i cant get key to access basement to get third glyph and the rope arrow is also downthere,how am i suppost to get down there?

Now i have something what i don't understand. I opened the miss files in DromEd. Why did you loaded so many textures into the mission if you don't use most of them? I used the function "unload > all unused" and saved the mission file after that. I start the FM using the HD mod with no problems. No crash! Why do you do that? It's important that you unload all textures which are not required in the FM..
    Ah.. so that explains why the texture mods were not working. Could you provide a version of this campaign without all the unused textures? I would like to see how the texture mods make these levels look, especially NecroAge.

Spent about 20 seconds on the street before climbing the first pipe I could see. Played for about an hour and been jumping across the rooftops. Brilliant.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

This is amazing!

I'm in the Pagan's house, and I found this frobbable book lever on a bookshelf, but I can't figure out what it opens. I looked around but can't find anything

Arazan.....check back down stairs

Now i have something what i don't understand. I opened the miss files in DromEd. Why did you loaded so many textures into the mission if you don't use most of them? I used the function "unload > all unused" and saved the mission file after that. I start the FM using the HD mod with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Ah.. so that explains why the texture mods were not working. Could you provide a version of this campaign without all the unused textures?
    I'm not sure who you're asking, Dev_Anj, but if you're making this request of Gecko then no, he may not link to a 'version . . . without all the unused textures' unless the authors give their permission.

i cant get to basement with out the key from the three glyphs?
    Remember what the plaque said above the door where (I think) you found the first glyph? Why would you assume that door leads to the basement? The key to the basement is found on a servant or a guard on patrol. It is called the Service Key. You need go everywhere. It may help to turn on autosearch.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Remember what the plaque said above the door where (I think) you found the first glyph? Why would you assume that door leads to the basement? The key to the basement is found on a servant or a guard on patrol. It is called the Service Key. You need go everywhere. It may help to turn on autosearch.

i was afrid you were going to say there is a key on a npc as some of them were inviso and i knockd them all out and got no idea where they could be

but i will say cool fan mission just did not work properly on my comp,but i still liked what i was able to see and play thank you for making it and thank you all for help,i will try to check the ones i can see and and hope

1) Install the FM in your FM archive directory as usual.
    2) Launch Darkloader and select the FM, but don't launch the mission. Instead, close Darkloader once the FM is selected and shows the T2 gear icon.
    3) In your Darkloader directory, open the file named darkloader.ini.
    4) Search for chalice, it should be at the very end of the file.
    5) Replace the line type=2 with type=1. Save and close the file.
    6) Launch Darkloader again and the FM should appear as a TG FM with the TG flower icon.
    I've always wondered if this could ever be fixed.
    Is it an executable issue or what?

Paging The Raven. Come in The Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Paging The Raven. Come in The Raven.
    I think you should call the maker of Darkloader instead. The only reason Darkloader shows Thief: Gold missions in Newdark as Thief 2 missions is because of the executable, and this problem can be solved more easily by changing Darkloader rather than asking someone to alter a general purpose engine patch which is very complicated to make I think.

True. But considering the work he has put in, I wouldn't be suprised if he does something about it...

bikerdude
    Congrats on the release, posted over on the darkmod forums -

- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...2315/?p=378012

Damn! you found the secret plan to prevent EP packs!
    spoiler:
    We simply forgot, but that's good to know.

Did you install Newdark 1.23?
    where can i find newdark 1.23 for thief 1?

Just get the latest Tfix and use it to patch your Thief Gold install.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Just get the latest Tfix and use it to patch your Thief Gold install.
    Thatīs what i did, and yet i still have the same message error.

Everyone else must be using a magical newer version then. TFix 1.22 has NewDark 1.23. Get that one and install it. If that still doesn't cut it, make a clean install of TG and then install TFix 1.22.
    If enough issues with the missions are reported we'll work on another version that's capable of loading the HD mods, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Everyone else must be using a magical newer version then. TFix 1.22 has NewDark 1.23. Get that one and install it. If that still doesn't cut it, make a clean install of TG and then install TFix 1.22.
    If enough issues with the missions are reported we'll work on another version that's capable of loading the HD mods, but not now.
    iīm not using HD modes, but i will try by reinstall it.

bikerdude
    So anyone know what to frob the skull with in the crypt where you read about "the steel"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast