TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

You can just use it normally, it will stop the statue from crushing Garrett.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    So anyone know what to frob the skull with in the crypt where you read about "the steel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    You can just use it normally, it will stop the statue from crushing Garrett.
    Hmm nothing like that happened to me.

On a different note, I have found the entrance to the brothel, but cant figure out how to get in.

Biker that's where the first mission ends. If you've completed all the other objectives, just cozy up near the door and the mission will end. There's a slight delay.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Arazan.....check back down stairs
    Thanks, found the other one and it opened what I suspected

Awesome map so far (I'm still stuck on the first one), I'm having a terrific time! A few questions:

- In the burgomeister's place, there's an iron wall safe next to the stained glass window of the hanged man. How do I open it? I've already searched the immediate area (that room) for buttons or levers with no result, so I'd appreciate a hint considerably more specific than "search the immediate area".

- In the attic of the antiquities dealer (whose ledger mentions the six-fingered gloves), is there a way to get to the FAR end of the attic (the one with the bed), or is the clutter solely decorative and impossible to enter? If it's the latter, then what IS on the bed? I can't make it out from the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Awesome map so far (I'm still stuck on the first one), I'm having a terrific time! A few questions:

- In the burgomeister's place, there's an iron wall safe next to the stained glass window of the hanged man. How do I open it? I've already searched the immediate area (that room) for buttons or levers with no result, so I'd appreciate a hint considerably more specific than "search the immediate area".

- In the attic of the antiquities dealer (whose ledger mentions the six-fingered gloves), is there a way to get to the FAR end of the attic (the one with the bed), or is the clutter solely decorative and impossible to enter? If it's the latter, then what IS on the bed? I can't make it out from the other side.

For the Burgomeister, check books in the tiny library

For the antiquities dealer, it's purely decorative. It's a mummy on the bed

I'm loving these missions to bits. They're full of mystery and atmosphere . I was really creeped out by the room with the Goya painting, an altar and a cradle. Very suggestive. BTW who's the author of the surreal paintings in the vicinity of the Goya one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    I'm loving these missions to bits. They're full of mystery and atmosphere . I was really creeped out by the room with the Goya painting, an altar and a cradle. Very suggestive. BTW who's the author of the surreal paintings in the vicinity of the Goya one ?
    Thanks! I had a great fun at making theses spooky places, but just you wait until you see what Skacky, Firemage and I are planning to do.

From memory, some are from THI4F, some from Beksiński and some from a painter which I forgot the name, but you can find it in the texture's folder in the obj directory

bikerdude
    Has anyone managed to get past the gate that has the 'Barnabas' sign below it (I killed the two apparitions/monsters)

Has anyone managed to get past the gate that has the 'Barnabas' sign below it (I killed the two apparitions/monsters)
    You can't, sorry

Just finished, nice work! The second mission in particular is gorgeous, even without upgrades. But I will have to admit I was bold enough to dust off good ol' EP1 about halfway through, and didn't notice any problems.

Btw, now that this is released, can I release the hanged man window I made for you to the rest of all tafferdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Just finished, nice work! The second mission in particular is gorgeous, even without upgrades. But I will have to admit I was bold enough to dust off good ol' EP1 about halfway through, and didn't notice any problems.

Btw, now that this is released, can I release the hanged man window I made for you to the rest of all tafferdom?
    Yes by all mean! I'd love to see this texture in a future fan-mission/dark mod mission !

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    For the Burgomeister, check books in the tiny library

For the antiquities dealer, it's purely decorative. It's a mummy on the bed

Thanks!

I'm now almost ready to move on to the second mission, but there's still a mystery (or perhaps two) I want to solve. Theres a "Hallucinatus gas" room in the sewers, but I can't open it. Reading the thread on rpgcodex suggests I need to find a "mysterious key" somewhere in the area of the sewers controlled by the thieves, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Last edited by Arrowgrab; 24th Sep 2015 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Thanks!

I'm now almost ready to move on to the second mission, but there's still a mystery (or perhaps two) I want to solve. There's a "Hallucinatus gas" room in the sewers, but I can't open it. Reading the thread on rpgcodex suggests I need to find a "mysterious key" somewhere in the area of the sewers controlled by the thieves, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Indeed, it's in the thieves den. Look around! especially the unreachable places.

bikerdude
    Playing the second mission -

• Found 2 keeper glyphs so far, high up next to the stature near the madams room and near the leaky pipes in the basement - where are the others..?
    • There is a secret metal door in the madams room, where is the switch to open it..?

Last edited by bikerdude; 25th Sep 2015 at 04:54.

I am just about ready to finish the first mission but I want to find the rest of the loot

I currently have 3262 out of 4000 which is made up of Gold:1517,Gems:525,Goods:1220

What could I be missing?
    I have been to the following out of the way areas

The Downwinders Bit
    The Hallucinating Gas
    and the Ossuary.

Edit:I know have 3707 out of 4000 loot

The new loot I found was Three bags of Peppercorns,stack of copper coins in weird hammerite with hat's room,Two green goblets\vases in hammers room.and fine wine gold cup and gold plate in same room.

Is there any loot in the little attack with painting of the demon found in the room with the weird hammer
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 25th Sep 2015 at 01:05.

• Found 2 keeper glyphs so far, high up next to the stature near the madams room and near the leaky pipes in the basement - where are the others..?
    • There is a secret metal door in the madams room, where is the switch to open it..?

There are two secret openings in or near madame's room.
    One opens the safe with the information. The switch is fairly obvious.
    The second opens a door leading to another area. The third glyph is in that other area.

The switch for the other area is on top of the fireplace in the bedroom.

I'm trying to find a key to this door near the brothel

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm trying to find a key to this door near the brothel
    Here is the location Its near the dead body of a guard in an interrogation chamber in the part of the sewers with the Downwinders

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    Here is the location Its near the dead body of a guard in an interrogation chamber in the part of the sewers with the Downwinders
    Thanks!

Mission 2 - Found the 3 glyphs, and key. Got down to the Keeper area, but can't find the chalice.

Try jumping into the water and searching for some underwater caves.

Great pair of missions! Playing mission 2 on expert. I have extinguished all three glyphs, and have returned to the doors with the plaque saying "I possess the key...", but it is still shut, and I don't have a key for it. What do I do next please?

OK, I think I've found out. I need to go back to the kitchen (the room with the weird noises).
    Last edited by Marbrien; 25th Sep 2015 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    Try jumping into the water and searching for some underwater caves.
    Found the chalice and the exit, thanks.

Great couple of missions!

Thanks! I had a great fun at making theses spooky places, but just you wait until you see what Skacky, Firemage and I are planning to do.
    I've just finished the city section and it's absolutely brilliant and, how Melan put it in his review, it's magic (dark magic though, I'd say ). I'm also really having fun reading all the notes, books and diaries in this : they're creepy, weird, funny, mysterious or simply horryfing. that poor dude, who's arm is stuck in a piece of machinery because some boys where having fun.... Jesus

Wait... you guys are making another project ? Now I'm all pumped up!

Oh, and thanks for answering my question and thank you all for the wonderful fanmissions

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast