TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Indeed, it's in the thieves den. Look around! especially the unreachable places.
    Yeah, I've found it. I've passed it several times and have even considered it, but the local texture just didn't seem like a rope arrow surface to me. I mean, pretty much everything else in the area is stone or mossy stone, and this particular texture looks pretty much like some even more mossy, or maybe vine-covered rock. In the spirit of constructive criticism, I think the area would have benefited from something to establish that "Yes, this single passageway has a wooden ceiling", like the wooden planking having an actual thickness when seen from the entrance of the corridor.

Also finished the 2nd mission, and that was fun, too. I agree with previous comments that the starting area is really annoying to navigate - even just to blackjack people, let alone to actually ghost! -, but other than that a very solid mission.

Oh, a question: there's a cave approachable through the large underground lake with a dead hammerite and a glimpse of a sewer hatch far above. Am I correct that there's nothing lootable here and that the hatch is an unreachable visual?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Oh, a question: there's a cave approachable through the large underground lake with a dead hammerite and a glimpse of a sewer hatch far above. Am I correct that there's nothing lootable here and that the hatch is an unreachable visual?
    Nope! It's the alternate escape path. You can throw a rope arrow and climb up to see where it lead!

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    For the Burgomeister, check books in the tiny library
    The one frob-able book in there seems to do nothing, or doesn't directly open the safe at least.

Am I missing something or possibly having a script or some other problem?

Really interested in playing this, but I've got the same problem that Klawedflaw describes on page 1. No mission objectives, guards can't be hit.

I've got tfix 2.22 and Newdark 1.23. I'm using Garrettloader. Is it incompatible with FMselect missions? I'd rather not go through another engine change.

Dahenjo There are two frobable books one upstairs and one downstairs

After combing the entire level again I know possess 3859 loot out of 4000 consisting of 1939 Gold,525 Gems,and 1395 Goods

The hard to find loot that I found not listed in my previous post are

Gold cup on windowsill,silver coinstack on window sill and gold candlestick in little roof area in sewers,and three small coins near thief try to pick lock.

This is all in mission 1,what else could I missing please help.

In the 2nd mission (playing on hard), I can't find the info on the clientele...

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite missions
    And dear Builder... the architecture is beyond stunning...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post

This is all in mission 1,what else could I missing please help.
    i have PM'd the lootlist for mission 1.....i'll let skacky et al release it later when they feel its appropriate

Peanuckle: GarrettLoader is untested and has been having trouble loading ND missions anyway. You should use FMSelect or Darkloader.
    Azaran: The information is hidden in the Madame's quarters. Inspect them carefully.

Finished! I enjoyed it a lot, especially the city section. I was the whole time.
    About that statue that kills you. I've thrown the stone head at the statue and then got it to follow me to that hole, the one i came down from, and fall. It seems to me i wasn't supposed to do that to get rid of it Nevertheless, it worked.

DromEd Archmage
    @InfinituS: Good job! xD But I suppose you were close to get an heart attack during the process, isn't it? xD

@Arrowgrab: This texture is like this in the original game, I changed nothing! ^^ Because the key lead to somekind of easter egg, it was not obvious for a good reason! ^^ The idea of planks is also a bad idea due to the chosen environment. It may not fit at all in the place
    Last edited by FireMage; 26th Sep 2015 at 07:36.

Thanks Fortuni that should help a lot
    Edit:I found what I was missing so know I have full loot
    what I was missing Gold Necklace is Clockworks factory,and small gold coin on pew in Cardinals Art Room

Now its on to mission 2
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 26th Sep 2015 at 21:08.

Stuck

Hello all I need help finding theother switch near the Madame's room I found the one above the fireplace I have looked all over????

Edit: On my way again!!
    Last edited by pwl; 26th Sep 2015 at 14:53. Reason: found after posting??

How to extinguish the keeper glyph in the second mission, which is next to a statue and can't be reached by foot? I've tried with various arrows (first with water, of course), but nothing happens

I still can not find the info on clientele found my way down to the keepers library/compound though

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I still can not find the info on clientele found my way down to the keepers library/compound though
    Check all the furniture if they have something on the bottom side..

Also, I have extinguished all glyphs finally, should the abandoned keeper library double doors open now? Because they don't. I also heard a sound when I finished with all three glyphs.

Thanks Ticky go down to the kitchen

Edit: I just finished this awesome set of missions and all I can say is WOW simple amazing!!! and I hope to see a sequel (wink wink nudge nudge)
    Last edited by pwl; 26th Sep 2015 at 15:27.

I also just finished. I agree, this pair of missions are absolutely amazing!

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Azaran: The information is hidden in the Madame's quarters. Inspect them carefully.
    Thanks, found it

Just finished as well....holy crap, what a ride. The construction is sublime, I can't imagine how much effort went into this
    And we needed another Keeper mission, there's not enough of them out there yet for my taste

To the Autor(s):

thank you very much for this nice Mission-Pack, it is really enjoyable to play. Now I want to replay it, because I am missing a few bits of loot here and there.
    Is there perhaps a lootlist awailable?

Regards, Urumo

Hello everyone... So I installed the mission and it works perfectly, except for two things: many textures are blue and the water's gone. Can someone tell me how to solve this? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lee View Post
    Hello everyone... So I installed the mission and it works perfectly, except for two things: many textures are blue and the water's gone. Can someone tell me how to solve this? Thank you!
    Maybe it loaded in T2 instead of 1? You have to go into your Darkloader folder, find the INI file, locate the mission and change the type from 2 to 1

I'm enjoying this very much so far. Thank you for the release.

I have a question about an objection on Hard in Mission 1:

spoiler:

There is an objective to steal a diamond from someone in the city. I didn't find this person in the city and I've already entered the tunnels in search of the brothel and other secrets. Should I turn back and find the diamond or is that person in the brothel?

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I have a question about an objection on Hard in Mission 1:
    spoiler:

There is an objective to steal a diamond from someone in the city. I didn't find this person in the city and I've already entered the tunnels in search of the brothel and other secrets. Should I turn back and find the diamond or is that person in the brothel?
    He's there in mission 1. One of the houses that you access through the rooftops has a tiled hallway with a candle, and a bedroom on the side with a nobleman sleeping. The diamond is there. I found it purely by accident exploring around, but now I don't recall the exact spot

^^^^^
    Thanks. I think I may have been there before, but didn't find the item. I will backtrack.

I just finished mission 2 with 2134 out of 2500 loot. Loot totals:1184 Gold,100 Gems,850 Goods
    I loved the both missions since I am a huge fan of big city missions and keeper missions.The area at the beginning of mission two with all the npcs and three exit all leading to tile flooring was quite intense to get through.
    Does a loot list exist for mission 2 because that would be a great help in scrounging up what I missed.

Edit I did another run through of the level and found some more loot,some I thought I had found already but I must have reloaded a save from before I got them because they were there again and one new piece of loot which was purple vase on top of a bookshelf in the keeper library. I know possess 2296 out of 2500 loot.I have no idea what other pieces I could be missing other than those found in optional secret that I have not found. By the way I have found the gold candlestick in the little secret that can be accessed from one of the brothel rooms and the loot found with the downwinder in the shortcut exit found in the caves.

Help would be awesome.
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 28th Sep 2015 at 23:55.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast