TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: TG FM: The Chalice of Souls (09/23/15) [Summer 2015 FM Challenge]

Classical Master 2008
    Well then. I thought it was just flooded, too.

I knew that water dripping pipe looked suspiciously deliberate in its position.
    Well let me put it this way then. I find the place of Magadan the shopkeeper dark and mysterious no matter what insightful story you might provide

He's a sick man, but he's not evil. Let's just say dwelling in darkness surrounded by grimoires of forbidden knowledges is bad for sanity
    You'll see more of this theme with the upcoming campaign The Black Parade.

Anyway I'm honored to see you're very interested with the stories elements we have imagined for this map - it mean we did a great job avoiding boring readables and audiolog syndrome

How come all mods have to be disabled before playing this series? (Technical answers are appreciated.)

In truth : none beside texture choices and how we aligned them.

Classical Master 2008
    What answer could be more legitimate? If you are playing this mission with an updated texture pack, you are damaging the artists' vision!

Hi. I experienced a crash 70 minutes into mission 1 (it's great btw!). Now after I load my save the game always crashes after 10, maybe 15 seconds. The first crash occured after exploring Goldenbaum Castle, on my way out. The only other weird thing I noticed was that after the reload the unconcious noble was laying in a different position than how I left him.

What I tried so far is: disabling the mods in cam_mod.ini (hadn't done it initially as I don't use any mods except default TafferPatcher stuff (EP?) so I didn't expect any problems), reinstalling the fm, using FMSel instead of DarkLoader, saving to a new slot and reloading. Any ideas? I could upload my savefile or the crash.dmp but that would have to wait until tomorrow.

It feels like I have played this mission for 10 hours, found so many hidden rooms with secrets but still no sign of that brothel and now I'm stuck as always. Can someone point me to the brothel?

First, you need to access the extended sewer system area. You find the key for it at Burgomeister Theedsblot manor.
    Once there, you can either look for the big circular room with a water basin in the middle, where a spinning fan covers parts of its ground and a thief patrols. Then take the route north to the locked door between two lamps. There you should be able to find your way.
    Alternatively,upon entering the locked sewer complex, spiral staircase down, to the end of the hallway where you have to decide whether to go left or right. Choose right to approach the camera area, where you are warned of periscopes in operation. Maneuver through there without getting seen by the camers and you should be able to get through a door that eventually leads to the barracks. The brothel entrance is very close then.
    If you need any more specifics that's fine, but I didn't want to spoil it completely just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post
    Thanks for so much info, but I have no idea where extended sewers are. Is Theedsblot the one who has some kind of shrine with golwing mushrooms in middle? I didn't find any keys in his manor.. When I read this thread it's like everyone is talking about different mission..

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    Thanks for so much info, but I have no idea where extended sewers are. Is Theedsblot the one who has some kind of shrine with golwing mushrooms in middle?
    I think this is the place, he has the whole Pagan worship style going. You need to find a 'Tunnel access key' in this place. If you haven't found this, it's no wonder you don't understand what other people are talking about, since you haven't seen a large part of the mission.

IIRC, finding the key involves two switches, at least one in the form of a frobbable book.

Just had to drop in, having played this mission (well, two missions), to say thanks; it was really fantastic. Don't think I've seen any fan mission pull off that slightly-surreal, tense, creepy atmosphere of Thief 1 quite as well.

Now I activated the three glyphs, but the secret door in the kitchen does not open. Any advice?

UPDATE: Nevermind, it was an error on my part.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne93; 3rd Jul 2017 at 00:20.

I didn't get around to playing this when it was new but both of these missions really took the Thief TDP/Gold style and ran really well with it. I really liked every section of this. The town, the sewers, the brothel, the place past that even if the last section was pretty short in comparison. Probably my favorite Thief TDP/Gold missions and far surpassing the original missions in quality.

Very impressive mission.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678