TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 MicroFM: King Abedzen's Tomb (30 Oct 2015)

Great mission!!! I had a little trouble finding the last coin though.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Which one, out of curiosity?

Congratulations on the release

Mission finished, thank you for this lovely map Russ

This is a great little Halloween treat

I just got back from Trick-or-treating and can't wait to play this

Keeper of FMs

This is a perfect mission for a dark & stormy night! I had a bit of trouble getting started, but I really enjoyed it. Absolutely beautiful visually.

Getting there......

have just bought a new computer and have spent a nightmare evening installing and configuring xpadder, it's amazing that such a simple program can be so finickity so set up and get right

mission looks superb so far, apart from the fact i keep looking up at the sky when i want to move forward
    Last edited by fortuni; 1st Nov 2015 at 04:41.

2 questions

How do you trigger the appearance of the spade....have watched Fen's video and my spade is definately not where Fen finds his
    Also my Glowstones do not work....if i 'use' one all that happens is I have one less glowstone in my inventory

Fortuni I had the same. I installed all over again, T2 +Tafferpatcher+1.23. Now work like a charm

Congratulations on the release Yandros! Great gift at Halloween. Good riddles and "scripts".

Thanks Khurthan

worked out what was going on, when i first tried to play my computer said i only had Newdark 1.22 so patched with tafferpatch 216
    (newdark 1.23) and game played....but could not use glowlits, Garrett did not say anything when he approached the tomb, and just realised the grave digger did not trigger and so neither did the spade. So tried to re-patch with Newdark and noticed it installed at lightening speed. Have just booted up on my old computer and the game plays correctly.....it would appear my new computer is not correctlyor only partially installing tafferpatch, don't know why, so will post in that thread to see if someone can advise

Great fun that!

Only bit I had trouble with was where to use thecrowbar.

Had no trouble opening the coffin and missed the fireball trap as I have learned over the years playing thief, ALWAYS open things from the side and NEVER walk down the centre of a corridor .

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Which one, out of curiosity?
    The one made of lead or the black one. I just missed it I did not look carefully enough in that room??

Just fired this up. At the start the screen reads "Object 383 is being used as difficulty debug. No difficulty defined."

wtf??

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I left the NVDifficultyDebug script on the starting point, that's all. That message only appears if you have the debug script OSM in your T2 directory, but it does no harm.

Cool. Thanks.

lol at fen trying to open a simple coffin

hey fen stand above the ground and get close to frob coffin lid without being on it ,you got many years before you look like you even know what you doing

your rank rookie

well.. got thru most of it.. but I'm at odds in the treasure room..
    I think I got the idea with the book I found... but I'm not sure how to apply it to what I think is the "riddle"...

otherwise, rather spook-tacular... *har har hardy har har*

Have you found the tokens yet? You'll need 4 of them and the book tells you in what order to drop them into the slot on the machine in that room. The clues in the text are related to the metal they are made out of, not necessarily their color.

And just in case anyone is not just trolling me and is actually serious, here's an explanation involving extremely simple logic and the act of learning how a game works, which I really shouldn't have to explain but I guess I do:

And that's my ornery rant for the day.

You're logic makes complete sense, Fen, and that little video is a nice explanation. Personally, I suspect that there are many players who have never actually noticed the difference in which types of objects are blockable and which aren't. That can be a blessing in some ways, because if you didn't know which did what, you'd probably be more likely to try everything in each case. Also, I don't think there was more than one person trolling you, but I'm glad you got the rant off your chest.

relax fen :P
    Last edited by downwinder; 2nd Nov 2015 at 20:36.

Fun little mission. I had to start it over because I got shut in before I got the shovel and the translation book.

Has anyone else noticed the Moai faces in the woodgrain of the archeologist's coffin?
    Last edited by OldMeat; 2nd Nov 2015 at 20:28.

Spooky atmosphere and good riddles. I completely missed the scene with the guy getting killed by a haunt, only saw his dead body afterwards. Watching FenPhoenix going through the mission was very interesting, his approach to try out things is very similiar to mine ( I too ran around in vain on the graveyard trying to translate more inscriptions .

Nice mission Yandros, thanks a lot.

I can't get this one to work, don't know why. It crashes when I click Continue after the Objectives screen. There's an error message which I can't read because it disappears too quickly and is replaced by a Windows error message saying that Thief2 has to close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    I can't get this one to work, don't know why. It crashes when I click Continue after the Objectives screen. There's an error message which I can't read because it disappears too quickly and is replaced by a Windows error message saying that Thief2 has to close.
    It's OK now, I just had to update to V1.23