TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2FM: A Job Well Done (30th Oct 2015)

Never mind, I found it. I did not get it until I delivered the note of value.

I'm loving the rooftop action, some of the best I've ever seen

Fantastic mission, R Soul. Im still exploring, just wandering around and hopping from rooftop to rooftop, not wanting to finish. Great experience, thank you

Wow, this fm is awesome!!!!! Loving it so far!!!!
    Thanks a lot for your hard work, R Soul!!!

Excellent mission, R Soul! Thanks for this. I just finished, and had a bit over 3 hours of wonderful gameplay and exploring. I finished all but the loot objective in about an hour and a half, and spent the rest of the time exploring and gathering loot. The architecture was clearly designed with exploring in mind, and I had a lot of fun finding paths, and alternate paths, to where I needed to go. I only found the secret passage into Fonsbury's after I had already taken the necklace, and then when I tried to find it again to return the scepter, I couldn't. Oh well, I did manage to leave via that route at least. And I'm kind of glad it worked out that way, actually, since it provided me with some excitement while sneaking past his guards. And all the guard patrols were well-designed to make for some tense moments and the need for a bit of creative thinking. In short, this mission has all the things that make for a great, classic, Thief experience, and I enjoyed it all.

If I had any critique at all, it would be that it could have been a bit more clear why Garrett agreed to take this job. There was some passing reference to "double the usual fee" or something like that, but it wasn't clear, nor was it clear how the Pagans would be able to pay enough that it should interest Garrett. But this is a minor thing and certainly didn't detract from the gameplay.

It would be hard to pick a favorite thing, but up near the top would have to be figuring out how to loot the jewelers. That was very nicely set up and I had a lot of fun cracking it. Which reminds me of another thing I liked. I felt challenged a lot of the time, but never frustrated, and I was able to figure out how to accomplish everything without resorting to this thread. So, well done on a finely crafted mission.

I had so much fun with this mission, Excellent!
    Thanks R Soul.

This was fantastic! Instant classic.

Excellent mission so far, only been playing for 30 minutes or so. Anyway, I managed to get into the office above the jeweller where there is a switch behind the vault, but I can't for the life of me find out what it does. Can anyone give me a hint?

That switch disables the trap that protects the safe.

I just gave the letter to the thief he said something which I cannot understand.
    I cannot leave the room.
    Am I supposed to wait for something or is it just a bug?

It could be. If you have two things (the proof and the necklace) there will be short delay when one of them goes in to a room to get something. If you only have one of those things (the proof), you'll be told to go and get the other thing.

Either way you shouldn't be trapped in there for very long, so if that's the case, send me a savegame from the area and I''ll look into it, and get you out if necessary. The easiest way is to make a quicksave and then send me saves\quick.sav

Yes' I do have the proof (which he read) and the necklace

I reloaded from an earlier save and this time it worked!
    Thank you, R Soul!!!
    Enjoying it very much!!!

bikerdude
    Has anyone found a way to move the wardrobe in the small apartment that has the letter -

"Mr Malfin,

His Lordship always appreciates a good neighbour, and is willing to compensate you for the cost of a new, slightly bigger wardrobe. Apart from that there are no problems.

Sonell"

Only just got around to playing this one....

It's just Thieves Highway heaven...Thank you R Soul, it's brilliant, so much to explore, highly alert guards and thieves (well on expert at least)...it's right up there with the very best Thieves Highway missions...and i just so love the Newdark 1.23 graphics
    who needs modern computer games when we have Thief/NewDark 1.23

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Has anyone found a way to move the wardrobe in the small apartment that has the letter -
    Small switch by one of the chairs in that room.

bikerdude
    Cant beleive I missed that...

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Cant beleive I missed that...
    I did too at first for some reason and it's really pretty easy!

I echo the many kudos for this wonderful FM providing hours of consummate Thiefiness at its very best!

Great fun Rsoul! I found 2 easter eggs (cute dalmatian!) because I'm a master climber; I was actually on all the collector platforms too. Is there more than 2?

There are five, but it might not be possible to get to them all. It was possible to get to them all using normal gameplay (jumping/mantling etc) and then I made it too hard for me. You could start messing around with crate stacking and other items, but no guarantees.

And one of them is in the intro mission.

WOW 5? Man... challenge accepted. Yeah I used the tons of health potions you find to climb.

I'm trying to find Baryn. I read the note that said he was near the Northeast gate. Is that "East gate north"? Because I haven't found anyone around there.
    Also I don't have the sceptre (I did read the note about the value)

Yes, that's the right gate, now look in that general area for a way into one of the buildings.

You don't need the scepter yet, but you'll need a few other things first to be able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Yes, that's the right gate, now look in that general area for a way into one of the buildings.

You don't need the scepter yet, but you'll need a few other things first to be able to get it.
    Is that the Gromace building? There's a metal door in there, but I can't pick it, and I didn't find a key for that.

"The Scepter Job"!...sounds like an episode of Leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Is that the Gromace building? There's a metal door in there, but I can't pick it, and I didn't find a key for that.
    You need to go back to where you read the note.

There are two thieves in there, and one of them has the key.