TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T1/G FM announcement!: Lorgan's Web (June 22, 2001)

T1/G FM announcement!: Lorgan's Web (June 22, 2001)

They said it couldn't be done, but here it is! Years in the making (would you believe 15 months). A cast of thousands (well...67 AI). Directed by Shadowspawn (an almost noticed film maker)! Nominated for several awards (Cudget has been nominated for the William Shattner over-acting award). No expense spared on special-effects (we hired "Frobby - the frob frog" to run the special effects dept. He works for flys, but has an explosive temper).

All kidding aside, I've finally released my first FM. It's uploaded at The-Circle now, soon to be posted at Thief-Underground.

Download links (added by Nightwalker):
    Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Cheap Thief Missions
    The-Circle
    The Keep
    TTLG.de

It's the touching story of... well, nevermind.

I've tried to encompass all I've learned about Dromed over the last year and a half. It's a city mission (big), based on the city from Assassins. At over 11 1/2 MB, I hope it's worth the download. Lot's of new stuff, although there's no real custom AI, just resizing and little tweaks.

I pushed the limits of interactive AI a little, and did everything I could to make them stable. If the AI act a little weird, email me with any problems that develop.

My beta-testers did a wonderful job finding bugs, and I'd like to thank them again. (Their names are listed in the Lorgans Web readme file).

If there are enough problems with the mission, I'll release a fix version, but I'm hoping everything holds together.

If you have the option, I'd play it under Thief Gold. It works under TDP, but I've seen more subtle problems there. (AI forget their patrols routes, conversations get scrambled, etc).

I'll be working (slowly) on a walkthrough, but as the game is DEFINITELY NOT linear, it will take some doing. Also, it should be VERY replayable, since a lot of the events, and what the AI do, is based on timing and your actions. So it's hard to make it come out the same twice. (Unless you do nearly the same things over.)

Enjoy. Email me with problems or questions, or post here to share it. (Please use the spoiler warning system.)

Now I can go play all the FMs I've missed while working on this!

Navigate to the thread for the sequel in the 'Lord Fishkill series':
    Lorgan's Web (T1) (currently viewing)
    Lord Fishkill's Curse (T2)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Aug 2012 at 16:56. Reason: added download links
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

Taking a break

Wow, sounds very cool indeed!

OK I am impatiently waiting for this. I admit it, I've checked the circle 4 times today already to see if it's there yet.

Sorry, I uploaded it this morning and haven't heard a thing from them yet. Maybe our administrators are all playing the game and don't want to share it yet.

I hope they get it up before the weekend!

Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

w00t

The gardener did it!

i'd be willing to make this available via ftp until they get put it up if that interests you.
    fixmy_pc@bellsouth.net

Krispy,

Thanks, that would be cool. I just emailed you. What do I need to do?

66.20.110.68 port 21 Login: Lorgan's Password:Web

I've got this set to three users at a time, I'll see how it goes and may be able to increase that. If for somereason I have to reboot, I'll post the new IP here. I will try to make this available as much as I can, if you just can't connect at all, perhaps I am offline. Enjoy ...this sounds like it's going to be a great FM!
    "Well comeon Stuart, tell mommy where you got the taquito."

66.20.108.215 port 21
    Login: Lorgan's
    Pass: web

11 megs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

-cough, gag, hurk, GGGUUUGHG!!!! AAAGGGHH!!-

-sigh- guess i gotta goto my school and use the DSL connection there and save to my zip disk...

11 megs.... what, did you include ramirez's mansion and the lost city in thier entirety too?!?!?!?!?!

Heh, sorry, i just had to explode... seriously, it sounds cool!

Despot has Lorgan's Web up at Thief Underground.

Go get it!

Lorgan's Web

When I start this one up, it loads kinda weird. After Darkloader does it's thing and Thief starts up, I get ASCII text in the place of the buttons (New Game, Load Game, etc.) and after it loads I get kicked out to the Darkloader main screen again. I got the same thing when I tried to load those FM's from Japan over at KoMaG's. Anybody else run into this? Any ides?

Bo

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: bohemian ]

Taking a break

ASCII, whoa! Never heard of anyone having that problem!

(The following really should be taken as somewhat-serious, with a little humor thrown in for good measure.)

The first thing I do when I have a problem with FMs is this:

1) Determine if the problem is with Thief, Operating System, or Darkloader...

...a) If other FMs work and this one doesn't, it's probably Darkloader's fault. Try restarting your computer and reloading, or reinstalling/downloading Darkloader again (or using a different version.)

...b) If nothing works. Well, ME is a drag, or NT is, 2000 maybe, or 3.1 is, PRO, DOS, or Linux, or whatever buggy piece of junk that LIFE forced you to use to operate your computer with is.

...c) Maybe it's a Thief Engine or hardware compatibility problem. I had to turn off EAX support to get Thief 2 to work on my computer (it could be something equally as quirky). Maybe new drivers are in order.

Or 2) It's user error. "I didn't read the part about notunzipping FMs first..." or maybe "I put Thief Gold and Thief 2 and Darkloader all in the same subdirectory and everything's gone to the crapper..."

Whatever the problem is, somehow, somewhere we should be able to help you solve the problem. If there's one thing worse than the interminable wait between good FMs, it's the cries of distress from users who can't seem to get FMs working.

There should be a way to get this thing working for you. Just be patient, take a deep breath, and start from the top and tell us everything you've done, where everything's installed, how you launch the program, and on and on...

{I once spent three weeks trying to get into an online gaming battle and the whole time I wasn't clicking the button on the left-hand part of the screen.....sometimes it's the simplest things that cause the most aggravation.} We really do want to help.

Sometimes it just takes a while...

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Hit Deity ]

this is quite the kickass mission. great work shadowspawn.

excellent story, great interaction, nice twists, and i love being able to actually go in most of the buildings.

there were two very minor problems:
    Spoiler:

- the candles turned into torch models when snuffed.
    - the game never ended. i satisfied all conditions on expert and was standing past the north gate with cudget but nothing happened.

i'm constantly amazed at the incredible quality of recent FM's and this one is no exception. highly recommended.

Gotta play...

FM: Lorgan's Web

Well, I say get this one. I'm mostly a fan of City type missions and this puppy's a doozie. Lots of roofs, alleys and exploration - everything I want out of Thief. Shadowspawn, thanks for all your work.

Pope,

Just for curiosity, were you playing under TDP or Thief Gold? I've seen some weird interactions under TDP, similar to what you saw. (I also had EVERY item I was carrying disappear when I picked up the gas arrows, but only once!)

I saw the candle problem months ago, but I thought I had that all fixed. I haven't seen it since. (And I play tested all this under TDP, even though I built it in TG).

I wonder if there are different versions of the scripts out there, even between versions of TDP.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Just for curiosity, were you playing under TDP or Thief Gold? I've seen some weird interactions under TDP, similar to what you saw. (I also had EVERY item I was carrying disappear when I picked up the gas arrows, but only once!)
    playing under TDP with the TG patch. i figured the candle problem was related to that, but thought i'd mention it anyways.

Lorgan's Web - by Shadowspawn

Well I have to say that this is a very finely crafted FM. Definitely worth the 11 meg download time.

I am downloading it now...can't wait! Have fun playing some of the FM's you've missed-there are some really good ones.

Saturnine

Originally posted by Shadowspawn:
    I also had EVERY item I was carrying disappear when I picked up the gas arrows, but only once
    I actually WANT to do this in my mission!!! is it possible?

I want to remove all items from Garretts inventory, I tried remove link 'contains' hoping that would do everything at once, weapons and items but no

Can't wait to play the mission Shadowspawn

Just tell me one thing, there's not going to be a HUGE spider in there right? *shudders at the thought*

I never did figure out how all my items vanished. Did you try (in conversation)?

Remove link
    Contains
    Player

That should dump them all.

Oh, the spider? Just regular sized ones, find them early in the game and you get a special objective (actually, two).

any comments on how to get the gate at the end open????? i did some things out of order, such as
    Spoiler:
    taking cutty (or whatever) to the bed last...i did not know he would get up!

so now i am standing at the gate waiting and i can't pull the lever.....

also, there is a key i picked up that was in a chest in the mansion...i don't remember using it?????what gives??????

I'm having the same problem -- how do we open the North Gate ?? I'm playing on easy. It just buzzes whenever I frobe the gate handle ??

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast